4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, 2022 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped to finish this exchange haha

If anybody was bullied - it was students!
By eccentric, arrogant and creepy TA.

The students (who pay for education) were the victims of inadequate staff.

If this person had the privilege to be TA at the Uni I studied - well, he would be "transported in a wheelbarrow" out of the building.

And our students don't have to pay - education is free in my country.
The whole nation pay for studies in taxes.

Nobody has to put up with "mad hatter".

Thank you, I have nothing more to add.

The End :)

Based on what? Students upset about their grades? Anonymous sources saying he was sexist? Until we have more details, I don't think we can say the students were "bullied." JMO.

No one knew BK was unhinged.

No one IMO expected he'd handle that groupthink session badly or that it would play into grievance collecting or that, if humiliated, he'd go passive, passive, passive, murderous aggressive!

Jmo

I think we're drawing very premature conclusions, IMO. There is no evidence that I'm aware of that suggests this was the trigger to the murders.

"(d) Relief from Subpoena. The court, upon timely motion, may:

(1) quash or modify the subpoena if it is unreasonable, oppressive, fails to allow time for compliance, requires disclosure of privileged or other protected matter and no exception or waiver applies, or subjects a person to undue burden; or

(2) condition compliance with the subpoena upon the prepayment of the reasonable cost of producing the books, papers, documents, electronically stored information or tangible things."

I.R.C.P. 45. Subpoenas | Supreme Court

I think we're drawing very premature conclusions, IMO. There is no evidence that I'm aware of that suggests this was the trigger to the murders.
I actually believe, IMO, he did not read social cues very well and his integration with society was difficult, making awareness unlikely or at least skewed. It is quite possible the timing of events aren't so much as a trigger as an unraveling or deterioration of his own personal circumstances. If it was his goal to do this when he got to the area, I don't think anyone perpetrating something like this can predict how they would feel on the other. Is someone emboldened further, shattered, more or less aware of information or just straight up paranoid? I think someone would be engaging in a compulsion and acting on it may have changed them mentally, and not for the better. There's a little bit of delusional narcissism in the statement of being "exonerated". There is so much we do not know.

Based on what? Students upset about their grades? Anonymous sources saying he was sexist? Until we have more details, I don't think we can say the students were "bullied." JMO.
Based in his history of social problems due to aggressive interactions, his altercation with his professor, AKA his "boss"
from whom he would not follow directions is one huge example.

He had an altercation in his first semester as a TA. MOO That is probably an elite club.

MOO expecting women in the class he TA'd to publicly and in the media call out a murderer of 4 students on his sexism, when the reality is, trials are unpredictable and he could get out of jail is not realistic.

Last edited:
Based in his history of social problems due to aggressive interactions, his altercation with his professor, AKA his "boss"
from whom he would not follow directions is one huge example.

One huge example of his students being bullied? I don't believe that.

He had an altercation in his first semester as a TA. MOO That is probably an elite club.

MOO expecting women in the class he TA'd to publicly and in the media call out a murderer of 4 students on his sexism, when he the reality is, trials are unpredictable and he could get out of jail is not realistic.

Right, but then we shouldn't assume that he was bullying his class, which is what I was commenting on. There is nothing to base that on thus far.

MOO.

I'm glad BK is sitting in jail awaiting his PH and trial for the vicious murder of 4 innocent college students.

Just the evidence in PCA finds me thinking guilty bard, once the State brings in all they have, BK will be toast. Can't wait until the PH in June, wonder what his plea will be?

ETA: The PH
MOO

Last edited:
After his charges, there was a statement from the school saying BK was no longer associated with WSU.

But that might well have been because of his arrest, I’d think. Pre-arrest, do we have any reason to think that he wasn’t still a grad student in good standing, just no longer a TA?

Last edited:
I'm glad BK is sitting in jail awaiting his trial for the vicious murder of 4 innocent college students.

Just the evidence in PCA finds me thinking guilty bard, once the State brings in all they have, BK will be toast. Can't wait until the PH in June, wonder what his plea will be?

MOO

I’m starting to count the days—started out as a six month wait, and now it’s almost a two month wait.

Preliminary hearings often don’t offer too much that’s new, but considering the fast gag order, I think we should get quite a bit. (I think this is the first time I’ve almost memorized a PCA, for lack of any other trustworthy evidence.)

However, we do need to remind ourselves that there’s no demand that the prosecution prove BARD at the preliminary.

But that might well have been because of his arrest, I’d think. Pre-arrest, do we have any reason to think that he wasn’t still a grad student in good standing?
I believe so, IDK. I only knew for sure of the WSU statement after his charges as stated in my post.

Why are we even discussing the mental status of the defendant? It isn't verified information that has been disclosed in MSM.
Thank you.

At this point we don't even know how accurate the quoted students are. A very small number of them were quoted. Possibly being an unpopular TA does not a murderer make. If he was in fact fired, it was long after the murders were committed. The reported letter of termination was dated weeks after the murders and several days after BK arrived back home. Granted, there is nothing logical about murdering complete (or near complete) strangers, but I find it a stretch to believe that he murdered four people in another town because he suspected he may lose his position in six weeks.

I also find it odd that the university would wait until the semester was over to send official notification. Unless they sent the letter via certified mail/requested a signature upon receipt they wouldn't know he received the letter. He could easily show up in January ready to work.

Last edited:
I.R.C.P. 45. Subpoenas | Supreme Court is civil procedure.
Idaho Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 45. Subpoenas.

Here's criminal I.C.R.17. Subpoena | Supreme Court
Idaho Criminal Rule 17. Subpoena

Key points snipped for focus:

(d) Place of Service.

(2) Outside the State of Idaho.
A subpoena directed to a witness outside the state of Idaho must be issued under the circumstances and in the manner and be served as provided by law.

(e) For Taking Deposition, Place of Examination. When an order has been entered by the district court authorizing the taking of a deposition, the clerk of must issue a subpoena requiring the attendance of the deponent witness. The deposition must be taken only in the county is which the deponent resides, is employed or conducts business in person, or at any other place as stated by the district court in the order.

(f) Contempt. Failure by any person to obey a subpoena served on that person may be deemed a contempt of the court from which the subpoena issued.

I’m starting to count the days—started out as a six month wait, and now it’s almost a two month wait.

Preliminary hearings often don’t offer too much that’s new, but considering the fast gag order, I think we should get quite a bit.

However, we do need to remind ourselves that there’s no demand that the prosecution prove BARD at the preliminary.
Unfortunately, I know that all too well after having followed many cases here on WS. The State needs just enough for BK to be bound over for trial, they don't have to show their whole 'hand'.

I've seen it go both ways with defendants, but I'm betting on BK going to trial. That's why I always add MOO in my responses. It really is just my option only.:)

Thank you.

At this point we don't even how accurate the quoted students are. A very small number of them were quoted and possibly being an unpopular TA does not a murderer make. If he was in fact fired, it was long after the murders were committed. The reported letter of termination was dated weeks after the murders and several days after BK arrived back home. Granted, there is nothing logical about murdering complete (or near complete) strangers, but I find it a stretch to believe that he murdered four people in another town because he suspected he may lose his position in six weeks.

I also find it odd that the university would waited until the semester was over to send official notification. Unless they sent the letter via certified mail/requested a signature upon receipt they wouldn't know he received the letter. He could easily show up in January ready to work.
HR would wait for a time until the possibilty confrontation over the termination was minimized by distance or time. MOO they were worried about workplace violence.

… they don't have to show their whole 'hand'
I’m not much of a trial follower, but the few I’ve followed, including the current Letecia Stauch trial, it’s always been astonishing how much was kept back from the public until trial.

(I’m not saying LE is infallible. But I don’t see a lot of possibility for them just randomly having the wrong guy for this one *and* also not having a huge amount of evidence that hasn’t even been made public yet.)

Baded on his consistent antisocial aggressive behaviors, student complaints and having altercations with his academic supervisor.

But that might well have been because of his arrest, I’d think. Pre-arrest, do we have any reason to thinkby that he wasn’t still a grad student in good standing, just no longer a TA?
WSU would not have been able to expel BK based on his arrest, as he had not been found guilty of any charge.

So either BK withdrew, or BK failed to register by January 9th when the new semester began, or WSU expelled BK based on something besides his arrest or losing his TA position.

HR would wait for a time until the possibilty confrontation over the termination was minimized by distance or time. MOO they were worried about workplace violence.
Possibly, but IMO that does not fit the situation. They had no reason (that's been reported or makes sense) to suspect violence from him. They would have or at least could have known that he had a residence nearby and was registered for the second semester. All indications were that he would return, so delaying over the possibility of workplace violence isn't a viable reason for a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname