TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Also agree, and I still don't think anything indicates self harm. And if he met up with someone on purpose (i.e. , if it wasn't a random car-jacking), there is no way he could have known they were dangerous.
It's sad that his case seems to have gone cold.

Also agree, and I still don't think anything indicates self harm. And if he met up with someone on purpose (i.e. , if it wasn't a random car-jacking), there is no way he could have known they were dangerous.
It's sad that his case seems to have gone cold.
Arguing against self-harm is that Alan's brother has stated that he believes someone out there is responsible for causing Alan's death. Was it someone Alan knew, or was it a stranger. My guess is the former. And I think a 'hit' is a real possibility.

At first I thought this was a chop shop caper that went awry because of where the car was found. But the time of day doesn’t seem to align for that crime, it would seem.
I still think the highest likelihood is someone at the gym with a personal issue towards Alan followed him.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hopefully I am wrong but it seems this case has hit the "back burner" with the DPD. I mean really, after over two years there has been no news (at least news released to the public). Surely there is some information out there and I wish that we could find out what is going on. Something seems strange about the lack of information????

Is there a way an update could be obtained under the freedom of information act? I'm in UK so not sure if this type of act exists in USA. It's very strange that there has been no updates whatsoever.
Typically FOIA requests are denied if it's an active case.

in June last year, someone put in a request for AW's autopsy and was denied for that reason. Found Deceased - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

ETA: Section 552 is Texas's open records act. 552.108 exempts law enforcement if: (1) release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime. Source: GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 552. PUBLIC INFORMATION

Typically FOIA requests are denied if it's an active case.

in June last year, someone put in a request for AW's autopsy and was denied for that reason. Found Deceased - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

ETA: Section 552 is Texas's open records act. 552.108 exempts law enforcement if: (1) release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime. Source: GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 552. PUBLIC INFORMATION
Ah ok, thank you for clarifying. In the UK a young girl went missing a few years ago and there wasn't always many updates which was frustrating because at times it felt like she had been forgotten about (she has since sadly been found murdered) so another sleuther on here used to email the local paper's journalist, who then used to contact police for an update. The police would sometimes update them and then something would be written up in the local paper a few days later. What I'm getting at is the police were more likely to release info to the journalist rather than some random person they don't know contacting them. Journalists often have friendly work type relationships with police due to the nature of their jobs involving each other. Might be worth a try if anyone knows who to contact at the local media outlet?

Very strange in my humble opinion - not a word about what is going on. Has this case been totally forgotten?

Sadly, I think this often happens. It's as if LE is waiting for evidence to come to them... maybe they are too busy with current cases, maybe there isn't enough funding nor personnel, or there's something else that hinders further investigation... I don't know. :(

I often wonder why these murders (that occurred in Georgia) are unsolved. I am sure there are many more cases across the country that just seem to be filed away.

-Katherine Janness - 2021
-Mr & Mrs Russell Dermond - 2014

Sadly, I think this often happens. It's as if LE is waiting for evidence to come to them...
Yes, that's exactly what they'd like. And very rarely does it happen!

Of course, they don't have the money or staffing resources to have every case open and active, that's why there are thousands of "cold" cases.

It's so sad
I don't think a perp will ever be found in Alan's case. Not unless a very, very similar incident happens again and they get good evidence and a good lead this time.

I'm not presuming that's what happened here (although it may have) but I think it's probably pretty common in investigations to just hit a wall and not have anything new come up to investigate. I can only imagine when that happens for LE it must be pretty frustrating for them as well, considering the work they put into closing these cases.

jmo

As I recall, I don't think there was a lot of evidence in Alan's case. No CCTV, no fingerprints in his car, no witnesses.

Some cases are like that, sadly. And they are the ones that sink fast. But there is always hope, as on occasions something comes out of nowhere! Even decades later!

I have seen cases stay categorized as 'open' for years and years despite no visible progress being made. one 'benefit' for law enforcement is those files never enter the public record, and so they don't get the public backlash if they're depicted negatively in the records.
hoping this isn't what is going to happen to alan :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753