UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

"In Scots law, murder occurs when a person takes the life of another either deliberately (with intent) or in circumstances where the accused person exhibits reckless disregard for the life of their victim."

The latter part of that quote would indicate to me that this is murder. Jmo.

"Culpable homicide will be the appropriate charge where an act (or failure to act) brings about the end someone's life but there was no intent on the part of the accused. Often, a charge of murder will be reduced to culpable homicide on further scrutiny of the facts."

I'm glad Tonys family finally get some closure although i'm sure it is of little consolation for their loss.

I have a feeling the sentence will be soft and disapointed at the procurator accepting lesser charges. Should be 15 year minimum for this.

Legally classed as murder or not, their intention was to let him die and conceal it by going so far as burying him, covering him in dead animals and bleach and getting rid of evidence (bike, fixing the car).

if there was ever any shred of attempting to help him why would they go back in a truck without phones or have called an ambulance at any point afterwards.

Scum.

The High Court in Glasgow was told that Alexander McKellar, known as Sandy, had taken his girlfriend to see the grave site in September 2020.

McKellar had told the woman that he was speeding when he hit the cyclist at night in 2017.

He told her he had panicked and returned to the scene in a different vehicle with his brother to recover the body.

The court heard that the woman left a Red Bull can at the site of the grave as a marker, before contacting police.

A major search operation subsequently recovered Mr Parsons' body.

[...]

The brothers will be sentenced on 25 August at the High Court in Glasgow.

Good on the girlfriend for doing the right thing, and for having the foresight to leave a drink can at the scene.
What happened to Tony is dreadful though and my thoughts are with his family and friends.
Sentencing will be at the end of August, I hope that the fact that they both pled guilty doesn't lessen the sentence.

There's no way the parents were completely oblivious to all this. Their sons will have been acting strange, they'll have seen their car damaged from hitting a "deer", they'll have known the son had prior speeding offenses and they'll have known the police came to talk to them about it. It'll have been blindingly obvious. The locals all seem to have figured it out long before the police too.

We don't know that it was "sudden". He may have shown all his friends and previous girlfriends but she was the first to go to the police.
Still unanswered questions that we will probably never find out now.

I had wondered about his bike and apparently it was hidden behind a waterfall but never found.

One slightly positive note is that they have given the family some answers rather than just purely deny everything likely other killers. Only because they were caught of course.

Still unanswered questions that we will probably never find out now.

I had wondered about his bike and apparently it was hidden behind a waterfall but never found.

One slightly positive note is that they have given the family some answers rather than just purely deny everything likely other killers. Only because they were caught of course.
The bikes a strange one to me, can't be too many waterfalls round there and water flow wouldn't have carried it far if it became dislodged.

I also think the Police have a few questions to answer here. They would have looked at CCTV at the hotel to see Tony leave and they would have seen the brothers leaving. They were told to pay attention to them, received short shrift when they went to the farm which in itself is suspicious and essentially did nothing until the girlfriend came forward.

I also think the Police have a few questions to answer here. They would have looked at CCTV at the hotel to see Tony leave and they would have seen the brothers leaving. They were told to pay attention to them, received short shrift when they went to the farm which in itself is suspicious and essentially did nothing until the girlfriend came forward.
I assumed the brothers were at the hotel earlier in the night, not the same time, but could be wrong.

Some fuller details in this report regarding the injuries inflicted during the collision and the likely cause of death- rib injuries and possible collapsed lung and effect on breathing.

Also on what was said on the night via a text to AMcK's then partner (not the one who later left the red bull can):

“Aw hun, I hit a deer in Robert’s pick up tonight. That’s all I needed.”

Not surprising local people had their suspicions (and the new partner asked the question she did.)

Killer driver led girlfriend to shallow grave where he buried cyclist - The Oban Times.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beauxhope34
Back