UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

Some fuller details in this report regarding the injuries inflicted during the collision and the likely cause of death- rib injuries and possible collapsed lung and effect on breathing.

Also on what was said on the night via a text to AMcK's then partner (not the one who later left the red bull can):

“Aw hun, I hit a deer in Robert’s pick up tonight. That’s all I needed.”

Not surprising local people had their suspicions (and the new partner asked the question she did.)

Killer driver led girlfriend to shallow grave where he buried cyclist - The Oban Times.
Sick b******* the both of them

I wonder why he suddenly took his girlfriend to the grave sight years later? Guilt or possibly to show her what he was capable of?
I read in an article the other day she had asked pre marriage if he had any secrets.

Did anyone on this thread know or meet her?

Previous articles mention bleach as well as animal carcasses which was omitted in the narrative.

Whoever wrote that anon letter should be ashamed of themselves. Could have opened this case up years before she did.

I find it interesting articles I've read mention Roberts partner waving from the court etc, she did nothing to help the family of Tony Parsons.

Why was there blanket silence if 'known locally'. If such prolific drug/drink drivers why did noone report them?

Was it because they were liked or was it through fear?

I reckon Robert's sentence will be single figures (and they've already done what like a year and half or so) but I hope Sandy's is double. I think they can still hand a life sentence for culpable homicide especially in light of the circumstances

I also think the Police have a few questions to answer here. They would have looked at CCTV at the hotel to see Tony leave and they would have seen the brothers leaving. They were told to pay attention to them, received short shrift when they went to the farm which in itself is suspicious and essentially did nothing until the girlfriend came forward.
Yep. I always thought that the police knew about Auch estate from early on and needed to wait until something solid came up.

Did anyone on this thread know or meet her?

Previous articles mention bleach as well as animal carcasses which was omitted in the narrative.

Whoever wrote that anon letter should be ashamed of themselves. Could have opened this case up years before she did.

I find it interesting articles I've read mention Roberts partner waving from the court etc, she did nothing to help the family of Tony Parsons.

Why was there blanket silence if 'known locally'. If such prolific drug/drink drivers why did noone report them?

Was it because they were liked or was it through fear?

I reckon Robert's sentence will be single figures (and they've already done what like a year and half or so) but I hope Sandy's is double. I think they can still hand a life sentence for culpable homicide especially in light of the circumstances
A number of locals in Tyndrum had strong suspicions about them from the very beginning.

How can the family seek compensation, this I'm confused about.

Civil cases I'm sure you self fund, and tragically i doubt he was probably insured anyway.

The anonymous letter intrigues me

How can the family seek compensation, this I'm confused about.

Civil cases I'm sure you self fund, and tragically i doubt he was probably insured anyway.

The anonymous letter intrigues me
Why do you think insurance doesn't come in to play? Surely they'd charge him with driving without insurance if that were the case.

Either way, I'm more than comfortable with AP's family going after existing assets and/or future income.

The McKellars have got off really lightly as far as I can see.

Why do you think insurance doesn't come in to play? Surely they'd charge him with driving without insurance if that were the case.

Either way, I'm more than comfortable with AP's family going after existing assets and/or future income.

Yes, hopefully the Parson's will have had legal protection included on their driving policy. I once claimed as a passenger in a taxi, when a car slammed into the taxi, claiming directly from the car driver's insurance. A MacK was driving his brother's car so he should be covered for 3rd party and if not, could be sued for damages.

Fair enough.

I hope they get compensated, I agree they appear to have gotten off very lightly

Yes, hopefully the Parson's will have had legal protection included on their driving policy. I once claimed as a passenger in a taxi, when a car slammed into the taxi, claiming directly from the car driver's insurance. A MacK was driving his brother's car so he should be covered for 3rd party and if not, could be sued for damages.
Actually surely it's the estates insurance perhaps if estate cars. Does them fixing it at a behind closed doors garage arrangement invalidate the insurance?

They'll have zero future earnings I imagine and from what people have said (could just be callous rumours jumping on band wagon) they had no money anyway.

Could the estate be sued?

Actually surely it's the estates insurance perhaps if estate cars. Does them fixing it at a behind closed doors garage arrangement invalidate the insurance?

They'll have zero future earnings I imagine and from what people have said (could just be callous rumours jumping on band wagon) they had no money anyway.

Could the estate be sued?
It was a "hit and run" accident (and return, but that's by and by). A "third party" was killed. It should be possible to claim on the vehicle policy whoever owns the car or paid for the insurance, I'd have thought. But the car was reported to be "his brother's" so I'm going with that. As the claim in question is for the "third party" and not for the damage to the car I don't think it matters where/how it got repaired. Liability is not now disputed. I'm far from an expert in any of this though.

I just hope that the Parson family can come to a place of resolution through whatever steps they are able to take. They have been disempowered throughout this very grievous sequence of events. If taking such action helps at all, good for them.

"32-year-old Caroline from Glasgow said her life has been destroyed after police:

Pressurised her into spying on the killer
Threatened with legal action if she didn’t co-operate
Arrested and threw her into jail after she refused to be filmed in court for a BBC documentary about the case."

"32-year-old Caroline from Glasgow said her life has been destroyed after police:

Pressurised her into spying on the killer
Threatened with legal action if she didn’t co-operate
Arrested and threw her into jail after she refused to be filmed in court for a BBC documentary about the case."
I don't blame her for not wanting to being filmed in court, but if that's the reason they escaped from a murder conviction that's shocking.

Surely justice has to come before the considerations of making a documentary.

Hope she now gets the help she needs.

How she found out...

“I said if we were going to be together and be a team, he needed to tell me what was wrong and I’d support him.

“He started having a panic attack. He was gasping and started wailing. Then he told me what he’d done… something that he’d got away with for years.”

The whole thing sounds like a total nightmare for her and I'd guess the police were more tough with her because of her job, but it sounds like they were expecting way too much and not offering any support whatsoever. I think it's understandable that she panicked when she heard about the filming of the trial. But I feel that we'll never get the full facts. She was potentially under pressure from many sides.

somethings not right about that whole story. within 5 weeks hes engaged to her and confesses to a murder and she's also tapped up by police within that timeframe? would seem more likely she was tapped up to meet him in the first place?

somethings not right about that whole story. within 5 weeks hes engaged to her and confesses to a murder and she's also tapped up by police within that timeframe? would seem more likely she was tapped up to meet him in the first place?
Yep. Seems a bit strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner
Back