UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

Locals I spoke to seemed to know about the confession to the fiancé before it became public. I wonder how they knew. I assumed that she was a local until today.

Some of this is utter nonsense imo.
who asked her to help then get more evidence.

Police put the twins under surveillance and Caroline was ordered not to tell a soul what she was doing.

Asked. Not ordered, asked. And of course if you're assisting an investigation you can't talk about it.

They never said ‘you must record’ but it was heavily insinuated that the first one was so helpful

So... if someone thanks you for being incredibly helpful about something incredibly important because they appreciate you've done something useful that they didn't ask for... that's an insinuating that she must do more?
And they’d say ‘you must have more information, they must be talking about it. You’re with them all the time
I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion to come to or ask about
Despite her objections, Caroline said she was told there would be consequences if she failed to turn up at court and in a panic decided to flee.
A warrant was issued for her arrest

Is she seriously complaining that it was explained to her what could happen if she failed to do something and then it... happened? A woman of that level of education can't comprehend contempt of court?

I don't doubt that she's been through a horrific ordeal but come on, now. JMO

Last edited:
Are we right to assume the coverage and release of 'alledged criminality' against the investigative team must be serious to warrant media coverage and escalation to the PIRC?

Takes balls to help the police and then effectively attack them.

I assume the probe is how they've treated or interacted with her, as its not complaints from the accused.

If criminality is found regarding her treatment would that affect the sentencing? Im not sure. It may be a case of civil action between her and the crown/police?

Are we right to assume the coverage and release of 'alledged criminality' against the investigative team must be serious to warrant media coverage and escalation to the PIRC?

Takes balls to help the police and then effectively attack them.

I assume the probe is how they've treated or interacted with her, as its not complaints from the accused.

If criminality is found regarding her treatment would that affect the sentencing? Im not sure. It may be a case of civil action between her and the crown/police?

Some of this is utter nonsense imo.

Asked. Not ordered, asked. And of course if you're assisting an investigation you can't talk about it.

So... if someone thanks you for being incredibly helpful about something incredibly important because they appreciate you've done something useful that they didn't ask for... that's an insinuating that she must do more?

I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion to come to or ask about

Is she seriously complaining that it was explained to her what could happen if she failed to do something and then it... happened? A woman of that level of education can't comprehend contempt of court?

I don't doubt that she's been through a horrific ordeal but come on, now. JMO
Sry, I'm useless at quoting the posts you've quoted plus your own.

I respectfully disagree with your conclusions though. She sounds terrified and I doubt her horrific ordeal has ended. She's frightened about the future. I'm sure we're all pretty much agreed that she did the right thing by going to the police about the grave and her ex's confession but imo she needs more protection, she needs to feel she and her family have protection going forwards. I don't need to tell you that Scotland's a small country, it's not as if you can disappear to the ends of the earth and at least imagine you might be safe.

While it's obviously a good thing the murderer has been found guilty and imprisoned, this case makes me so sad. I followed it from early on, though never posted because I didn't see that I had anything useful to add. I know the area from decades ago in my childhood, but from out of a car not on a bicycle. I'm a cyclist now though and it hits home for that reason too.

I remember either on here or maybe in the media at the time some people questioned why Mr. Parsons got rather a late train up north so he ended up cycling in the dark. Who knows? Maybe some little thing happened and he missed the earlier train but decided not to postpone his charity ride, but to go through with it. I so wish he'd gone with the suggestion of the hotel employee (or owner maybe?) to spend the night at the hotel. Hindsight is perfect. How could Mr. Parsons have known?

So, so sad for his family. A small consolation that they at least finally know what happened, were able to have a funeral for him and that the murderer and his accomplice brother have been sentenced.

RIP Mr. Parsons. Best wishes going forwards for your family.

She lived with the twins for 8 months after contacting the police and with them knowing that someone had revealed the grave site to them?? Can I actually believe that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back