MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

If you trace the Missouri River back a bit toward Excelsior Springs, it's not too far. Missouri City is directly south of Excelsior Springs and is on the river. It's possible he put her body in the river upstream, closer to Missouri City, and it ended up downstream where the kayakers were.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The river carried her there. Off topic but I suspect that's where little Lisa Irwin ended up too. (totally different case)

It’s like there is a manual to this on the dark web. We’ve had other cases of kids found in sheds recently. How many others?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand another one today
Caldwell said he and other community leaders' concerns were dismissed by authorities when they initially alleged that young women were being abducted from Prospect Avenue, an area of Kansas City notorious for sex workers. Caldwell said that most of the women working in that area are Black.

I wonder who will prosecute this. Jackson County (which includes Kansas City) or Clay County (which includes Excelsior Springs)? Location abducted from or location held captive/possibly some killed? Presumably Clay County?

You know, it's funny you should say that (and not in a humorous way). I was just thinking that it sounds like the Sarah Everard case where Wayne Couzens pretended to be a police officer which is how he kidnapped her. My thought was... was this guy on Websleuths and taking notes???
Aaaaand another one today, out of Oregon...https://apnews.com/article/interstate-kidnapping-escape-oregon-b4ad69d3b356156a8d25c723ffcea442

Aaaaand another one today, out of Oregon...https://apnews.com/article/interstate-kidnapping-escape-oregon-b4ad69d3b356156a8d25c723ffcea442
Uh huh. I posted that info a few hrs ago here, only I included the link to our Websleuths page for it.

Yikes! Appears there's another guy like Haslett in Oregon! Down to one of the women escaping which led to his arrest! They were also prostitutes.

''A "violent sex assault offender" accused of holding a kidnapped woman captive in a makeshift cinderblock cell in his Oregon garage may have other victims, the FBI said Wednesday.

I mean it sounds like Heuermann was doing this in Long Island (and maybe elsewhere) too. Sadly, women aren't really safe anywhere. Time to start taking disappearances of sex workers and poor women forced to live on the fringes SERIOUSLY! And listen to the Black community when they tell you what's going on in Black neighborhoods! They were dead on with this one, sadly.

I mean it sounds like Heuermann was doing this in Long Island (and maybe elsewhere) too. Sadly, women aren't really safe anywhere. Time to start taking disappearances of sex workers and poor women forced to live on the fringes SERIOUSLY! And listen to the Black community when they tell you what's going on in Black neighborhoods! They were dead on with this one, sadly.
Until someone is officially reported missing, there is no case started.

These women likely got into Haslett's vehicle voluntarily, so no one saw or reported any abductions.

Prostitutes are easy prey for someone like Haslett. Unfortunately this happens all over the world, not to sex workers only in the US. Abduction is the highest cause of mortality among Female Sex Workers.

I think this women eventually would have been killed like the others, if she didn't escape. If Haslett would have killed his victim that did escape, there would likely be more subsequent victims. The most likely reason he hadn't yet killed her is becuase he hadn't found a new victim to take her place.

JMO

Excelsior Springs police are looking into the possibility that Tim Haslett could be involved in the death of a woman whose remains were found in the Missouri River.

On June 24, two kayakers contacted the Missouri State Highway Patrol about a body in the river, near Hills Island Chute, north of Grand Pass, Missouri.

The remains were confirmed as Jaynie Crosdale, whom police were trying to locate because they believe she had information about the ongoing criminal caseagainst Haslett.

Dull confirmed to KSHB 41 I-Team reporter Sarah Plake that Crosdale's remains were found in a blue barrel.

Kansas City Man Accused of Targeting Black Woman
Timothy M. Haslett was arrested and charged with first-degree aggravated rape, first-degree kidnapping and second-degree assault.

“The family of Ms. Crosdale has been notified, and our hearts go out to them for their loss,” the July 31 statement said. “Our office is working closely with law enforcement to gather all evidence and information that is needed to build the strongest case possible and deliver justice for Jaynie Crosdale.”

Two of the individuals that community activists said may have been linked to a serial killer they thought was stalking the Kansas City area were not.

One had been located safe. The other may have been killed in a shooting in Birmingham AL.

KCPD: 17-year-old reported missing in September found safe KCPD: 17-year-old reported missing in September found safe

Arrests Made in the Jada White Homicide Investigation Media Release 72- Arrests Made in the Jada White Homicide Investigation | Birmingham Police Department

Officials said kayakers found a blue barrel on an island in the Missouri River in Saline County on June 24. Excelsior Springs Police Chief Greg Dull said the kayakers opened the barrel to find Jaynie Crosdale’s remains in “advanced decomposition.”
[…]
After Haslett’s arrest, police started searching for Crosdale, saying she might have information that could help them in their investigation. Dull said police believe Haslett had contact with Crosdale before he was arrested.

Details about Crosdale’s cause of death or when she died have not been released.

Dull wouldn’t comment on whether the barrel Crosdale was found in was similar to the barrels found on Haslett’s property in Excelsior Springs.

When asked about evidence linking Haslett to Crosdale’s death, Dull said DNA evidence takes time to examine.

Excelsior Springs police chief says Jaynie Crosdale had contact with Timothy Haslett prior to a woman escaping Haslett’s home last year.
[snip]
Blue barrels were in the driveway of Haslett’s Excelsior Springs home when KMBC shot video of the crime scene in October of 2022.

They’re very similar,” Dull said.

Dull said investigators do not believe Crosdale and the woman who escaped knew each other or saw each other last year.
[snip]
“We didn’t have anything that we could say she was a victim, but we knew they had contact,” Dull said.
Police confirm remains of missing woman found in blue barrel, similar to those seen at suspect's home, in Missouri River

ETA What I find odd is sheriff is reported in the KMBC story to have confirmed that the blue barrels at Haslett's home are very similar to the one Crosdale was found in. Even features a direct quote. While the fox4 report says he wouldn't comment. different news orgs, same sheriff same day?

Last edited:
The victim that escaped said Haslett killed "two" of her friends. How she would have known that has not been disclosed.

The sheriff now says that investigators do not believe Crosdale and the woman who escaped knew each other or saw each other last year.

As soon as the women had escaped and Haslett was arrested, LE was seeking to speak with Crosdale (women found in the barrel) because she may be a potential witness. What clued LE into looking for Crosdale if the women that escaped didn't know Crosdale or tell LE that Crosdale was possibly a victim in the case?

If all this is true (what the living victims says about her two friends) and LE is not just holding back on information saying the two didn't know each other, that would mean there are at least three murder victims.

A Clay County Judge on Monday denied a motion to increase the bond for Timothy Haslett, the Excelsior Springs man accused of kidnapping and repeatedly sexually assaulting a woman he had chained and locked in the basement of his home for several weeks.
[…]
But Haslett’s attorney Tiffany Leuty Winningham argued the $3 million cash bond was excessive and no additional charges had been filed against her client.

The judge agreed.

After the hearing, Leuty Winningham confirmed that Jaynie Crosdale had been in Haslett’s home and had consensual sex with Haslett. She did not provide additional details.

After the hearing, Leuty Winningham confirmed that Jaynie Crosdale had been in Haslett’s home and had consensual sex with Haslett. She did not provide additional details.
RSBM

I'm not buying his attorney's claim that Jaynie "had consensual sex" with Haslett in his home and then just-so-happened to end up in a blue barrel like the ones Haslett had all over his property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo
Back