MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

The victim that escaped said Haslett killed "two" of her friends. How she would have known that has not been disclosed.

The sheriff now says that investigators do not believe Crosdale and the woman who escaped knew each other or saw each other last year.

As soon as the women had escaped and Haslett was arrested, LE was seeking to speak with Crosdale (women found in the barrel) because she may be a potential witness. What clued LE into looking for Crosdale if the women that escaped didn't know Crosdale or tell LE that Crosdale was possibly a victim in the case?

If all this is true (what the living victims says about her two friends) and LE is not just holding back on information saying the two didn't know each other, that would mean there are at least three murder victims.
This is what I came to say.

So escape victim said Haslett killed two of her friends, but Crosdale was not one of those two people.

I need someone to explain it like I’m five, how there isn’t an investigation into a serial killer. Because it seems to me the only evidence of not a serial killer is LE stating “not a serial killer” and no one believes them.

The whole he said she said and she’s dead so better believe what he said defense.
I have a feeling that if/when Haslett is charged in connection with Jaynie's death, he will probably claim she "consensually" got in the barrel after they had "consensual" sex. JMO.

Also, I wonder if LE identified Jaynie as a potential witness because they found her fingerprints in his house (if she was involved in sex work, there's a decent chance her prints were on file).

So, if escaped female did not know Crosdale, but LE knew to be looking for her as a potential "witness" that tells me that LE probably found out who Crosdale was by DNA evidence or other physical evidence found in his home after investigation began into the allegations of there being others by the escapee.

Hence defense attorney trying to make lemonade out of it and "volunteer" that Haslett had indeed had Crosdale in his home where she participated in consensual adult activities.

We also learned that Crosdale's remains were in an advanced state of decomp, dental records were used to positively ID her, meaning she's likely been dead a while. So yeah, she may well have been a victim prior to escapee or during the time she was being held captive but the two females paths didn't cross.

A Clay County Judge on Monday denied a motion to increase the bond for Timothy Haslett, the Excelsior Springs man accused of kidnapping and repeatedly sexually assaulting a woman he had chained and locked in the basement of his home for several weeks.
[…]
But Haslett’s attorney Tiffany Leuty Winningham argued the $3 million cash bond was excessive and no additional charges had been filed against her client.

The judge agreed.

After the hearing, Leuty Winningham confirmed that Jaynie Crosdale had been in Haslett’s home and had consensual sex with Haslett. She did not provide additional details.
His attorney is certainly not going to say Haslett raped her, even if he knew he did. They lie, lie, lie....... It's all part of the system.

I have a feeling that if/when Haslett is charged in connection with Jaynie's death, he will probably claim she "consensually" got in the barrel after they had "consensual" sex. JMO.

Also, I wonder if LE identified Jaynie as a potential witness because they found her fingerprints in his house (if she was involved in sex work, there's a decent chance her prints were on file).
"...he will probably claim she "consensually" got in the barrel after they had "consensual" sex. JMO.

Just take the "probably" out of the sentence and you've hit the nail on the head.

women are done putting up with controlling jerks. So men that like to control women (usually those equipped with small, er self esteem) have begun to take them hostage. Why wine and dine and cajole when you can just grab one of those disposable ladies off the street? (please note the sarcasm in that last sentence)

The victim that escaped said Haslett killed "two" of her friends. How she would have known that has not been disclosed.

The sheriff now says that investigators do not believe Crosdale and the woman who escaped knew each other or saw each other last year.

As soon as the women had escaped and Haslett was arrested, LE was seeking to speak with Crosdale (women found in the barrel) because she may be a potential witness. What clued LE into looking for Crosdale if the women that escaped didn't know Crosdale or tell LE that Crosdale was possibly a victim in the case?

If all this is true (what the living victims says about her two friends) and LE is not just holding back on information saying the two didn't know each other, that would mean there are at least three murder victims.

I agree most likely fingerprints or DNA, or possibly she left behind some ID, either accidentally or she was smart and she managed to hide it somewhere, I really hope it's the latter!.

His attorney is certainly not going to say Haslett raped her, even if he knew he did. They lie, lie, lie....... It's all part of the system.

Are they allowed to outright lie? I thought that lawyers don't ask their clients directly if they did it, ethically if the client confesses, the lawyer isn't allowed to say they didn't do it then, right?. They have to find a way to create reasonable doubt without lying?.

I might have made that up in my head though!

The investigation of Ms. Crosdale’s death is active and ongoing. Clay County Prosecuting Attorney Zachary Thompson and Chief Deputy Prosecutor Robert Sanders will accompany the Missouri Highway Patrol tomorrow (August 8, 2023) as they continue to search the Missouri River for additional evidence. “Our office will continue to pursue evidence quickly and aggressively in this matter. If anyone has information that could assist in this investigation, we encourage you to contact law enforcement,” the release stated.

And for now, Dull said Excelsior Springs have no leads on other potential victims, and no other known missing person cases are tied to Haslett’s.

Dull said he only knew of a few other calls for service at Haslett’s address. Two were welfare checks; one of those came from Haslett’s employer, Dull said, and the other was from a family member. Both were concerned when they hadn’t heard from Haslett.

I take it searching the river for additional evidence means the bodies of the two friends the living victim says Haslett killed.

JMO
I'd say you're right. Like so many of the creeps we discuss on here, he targeted women he thought he could remove from society without anyone caring. I never put much stock in 'never reported missing/no known missing in the area' from LE. Too often in these cases, the people have been missed by their loved ones, but the reports aren't taken by LE or aren't investigated because of the person's arrest history, drug addiction, or homelessness being factors. Like that family in Florida in The Killing Season that had to report their loved one's car stolen, because the cops wouldn't take a missing persons report, and the family figured that at least if they were looking for the car they were doing SOMETHING.

MOO

I'd say you're right. Like so many of the creeps we discuss on here, he targeted women he thought he could remove from society without anyone caring. I never put much stock in 'never reported missing/no known missing in the area' from LE. Too often in these cases, the people have been missed by their loved ones, but the reports aren't taken by LE or aren't investigated because of the person's arrest history, drug addiction, or homelessness being factors. Like that family in Florida in The Killing Season that had to report their loved one's car stolen, because the cops wouldn't take a missing persons report, and the family figured that at least if they were looking for the car they were doing SOMETHING.

MOO
I’d also like to add that their families may not even know that they’re missing, due to the lifestyle. My ex boyfriends son was found chopped up in a suitcase. We didn’t realize he was ‘missing’ (even though we had been looking for him) because he was in active addiction and it was common for him and his girlfriend to disappear for a while. So just because there are no registered missing persons reports, doesn’t mean they’re not missing. IMO

I’d also like to add that their families may not even know that they’re missing, due to the lifestyle. My ex boyfriends son was found chopped up in a suitcase. We didn’t realize he was ‘missing’ (even though we had been looking for him) because he was in active addiction and it was common for him and his girlfriend to disappear for a while. So just because there are no registered missing persons reports, doesn’t mean they’re not missing. IMO
That is so very horrible. I totally agree on not being registered doesn't mean not missing. I truly believe that for every Namus entrance there are -let's say- 5 persons missing, but nobody reported it or family tried and were giving the runaround, because the missing person has no permanent residence. That's one of the things that is bothering me in this case so much. IMO if a community is saying there are (more) missing women it's LE's due diligence to find out where this is about and not to say....nobody is missing, because there is no-one reported.

That is so very horrible. I totally agree on not being registered doesn't mean not missing. I truly believe that for every Namus entrance there are -let's say- 5 persons missing, but nobody reported it or family tried and were giving the runaround, because the missing person has no permanent residence. That's one of the things that is bothering me in this case so much. IMO if a community is saying there are (more) missing women it's LE's due diligence to find out where this is about and not to say....nobody is missing, because there is no-one reported.
One of the individuals the community said was missing, was later found safe. Unsure if LE looked into this and found the individual or not.

“We have asked the public to remain vigilant for any suspicious objects, such as blue barrels, particularly on or around the Missouri River,” said Alexander Higginbotham, a spokesman for the Clay County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. “We have reason to believe that additional evidence may be contained in another blue barrel that could be located on the Missouri River.”

“We have asked the public to remain vigilant for any suspicious objects, such as blue barrels, particularly on or around the Missouri River,” said Alexander Higginbotham, a spokesman for the Clay County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. “We have reason to believe that additional evidence may be contained in another blue barrel that could be located on the Missouri River.”

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt when they say 'additional evidence' that they probably mean another body. What an unholy mess. These poor women.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back