VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking the judge will let deliberations continue until 4.30pm from today onwards?

Also why aren’t the hours 9-5? Or at least 9.30 till 5?
Crazy to think the hours are 10.30, stop for lunch at 1, carry on at 2, finish at 4… is there any reason why the deliberation hours aren’t like office hours?

Am I right in thinking the judge will let deliberations continue until 4.30pm from today onwards?

Crazy to think the hours are 10.30, stop for lunch at 1, carry on at 2, finish at 4… is there any reason why the deliberation hours aren’t like office hours?
He added that, should the deliberations continue into next week, the proposed deliberation hours would be extended to 10.30am-4.30pm, rather than 10.30am-4pm. That would be dependent on jurors being able to manage those hours.

I think that it would be out and out cruel to expect the jurors in such an upsetting and complex case to deliberate for 8 hours a day ( or seven if they are having an hour lunch break) and the reason for the shorter days is to protect their mental health as much as possible.

Wasn't it mentioned about LL's travel times to and from court at one point? That she already has a long day with the hours they're sitting because of the commute.

I think that it would be out and out cruel to expect the jurors in such an upsetting and complex case to deliberate for 8 hours a day ( or seven if they are having an hour lunch break) and the reason for the shorter days is to protect their mental health as much as possible.
Cruel??? Is that actually the reason or you completely guessing?

Wasn't it mentioned about LL's travel times to and from court at one point? That she already has a long day with the hours they're sitting because of the commute.
Can't she be transfered to jail in Manchester for the time of the trial?

Can't she be transfered to jail in Manchester for the time of the trial?
Nearest female prison to Manchester is Style. Some people say that is where she is but I have my doubts with the 90 min travel time given at beginning of trial. Even when it’s peak travel time it doesn’t take that long to Manchester from there unless there is a serious accident.

jmo

Bronzefield was mentioned but not sure how far away that is. I think that may have been on remand prior to the trial, though.

I know she was definitely Low Newton in Durham at one point. Not sure how long for, though.

I dropped my other half off at airport yesterday (near Style) at 8:30am for his connecting flight. Took us 50 mins from Rossendale and skirting around Manchester on the M60.

Lucky duck is covering the Athletics in Budapest - let’s just say I’m not his N°1 fan at the moment or the foreseeable future with some of the jobs he’s on… :confused:

WINNER Announcement

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Jul

Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tue 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thu 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m
Mon 24th - day 6 - 4h 20m
Tue 25th - day 7 - 4h 20m
Wed 26th - day 8 - 4h 15m
Thu 27th - day 9 - 4h 20m
Fri 28th - day 10 - 3h 50m (12pm - 4pm minus 2x 5 min breaks)
Aug
Tue 1st - day 11 - 4h 10m
Wed 2nd - day 12 - 4h 20m
Thu 3rd - day 13 - 4h 10m
Fri 4th - day 14 - 4h 15m
Tue 8th - day 15 - 4h 20m (majority direction given at 3pm)
Wed 9th - day 16 - 4h 20m
Thu 10th - day 17 - 4h (12pm to 4pm - assumed no lunch break)
Fri 11th - day 18 - 3h 25m (1pm to 4.30pm minus 5m)
Tue 15th - day 19 - 4h 20m

Running total = 77h 40m

The Winner (due to being the closest guess) Is -

80h - @V347 (backed by @crystalline and @Jw192 )

CONGRATULATIONS!!! @V347

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member