NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents of missing Madalina Cojocari to appear in court Thursday - WBTV
<snipped & BBM>
The parents of missing 12-year-old Madalina Cojocari will appear in court on Thursday.

[...]

The warrants unsealed in July revealed that Cornelius Police were made aware of surveillance photos that appeared to have shown her and a relative on Dec. 16 in western North Carolina.

Diana Cojocari is scheduled to be in court at 9:30 a.m., while Palmiter will have a bond hearing as well as a motion to compel during the afternoon court session.

It is possible that both parents could enter a plea during their appearances.

I know it's a general "formality" to plead NG but for crying out loud, the girl went missing and NO ONE reported her missing. That much is a documentable fact, so how in the heck can she plead NG to something that she clearly is guilty of?
I was just thinking that. Waste of time and money. Personally I think she's guilty of much more.

I know it's a general "formality" to plead NG but for crying out loud, the girl went missing and NO ONE reported her missing. That much is a documentable fact, so how in the heck can she plead NG to something that she clearly is guilty of?
Because as you said, it's just a formality. She's not stating under oath that she didn't commit the crime. It just means she wants the prosecution to prove that she committed the crime to a jury, as is her right. No attorney would let their client plead guilty at arraignment, unless there is some strategic reason for doing so.

So these morons each claim they don’t know where their own child is, yet neither seem particularly distraught about it. They certainly weren’t upset for the weeks she was missing and wasn’t in school.
And all they’ve got to charge the mom with is failure to report a missing child. Wow.

I am pretty sure we know what the translated thoughts will be. Info the maternal grandmother has will have come from DC, so I am betting grandma says she thinks that her son in law is responsible for Madalina's disappearance.

I am pretty sure we know what the translated thoughts will be. Info the maternal grandmother has will have come from DC, so I am betting grandma says she thinks that her son in law is responsible for Madalina's disappearance.
Yes, I doubt she would point a finger at her daughter. Of course DC fudged the facts to her family once already when she gave them a story different from what the school officials reported. It’ll be interesting to see what she’s been told by DC.

All I could make out of the interview was “I don’t know” and “trafficked,” lol. The 5 o’clock news is supposed to have a translation.

Wow she came all the way from Moldova just to hear the plea? I could understand the actual trial. Every person in this family needs to be watched IMO.
Too bad she didn’t come over when DC was desperately trying to smuggle herself and Madalina away from CP. instead DC turned to a relative who is possibly involved with drug running and trafficking.

This whole case just sucks.

Christopher Palmiter, Diana Cojocari's husband and the stepfather of Madalina, was in court around 3 p.m. The judge gave him a $25,000 bond with electronic monitoring and pre-trial supervision. His original bond was $200,000. Palmiter also pleaded not guilty but was offered a reduced bond, while Diana Cojocari was not.

Christopher Palmiter, Diana Cojocari's husband and the stepfather of Madalina, was in court around 3 p.m. The judge gave him a $25,000 bond with electronic monitoring and pre-trial supervision. His original bond was $200,000. Palmiter also pleaded not guilty but was offered a reduced bond, while Diana Cojocari was not.

Interesting, looks like she is being held to higher account on the face of it.
Well, she was also caught with drugs in prison..
maybe therein lies the problem.

I'm honestly not surprised. I think whatever happened to Madalina happened directly at the hand of her mother.

jmo

"My granddaughter is alive, but she's been kidnapped," Rodica Cojocari told WCNC Charlotte's Lexi Wilson. Rodica Cojocari believes her daughter Diana Cojocari, along with Madalina, were sold to traffickers for $5 million."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant