UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these are Kevin’s sisters? Sisters in law? Doing an ‘exclusive’ interview with Daily Mail?
Cynthia, who is the wife of Ruby's husband Kevin's older brother Alan, said, 'We had no idea what was going on in the family.

'I don't think she should get out on bail. I do believe the allegations against her. After all of this she should be put away forever if convicted.'

Jennifer Franke, 42, who is married to Kevin's brother Aaron, said, 'Ruby isn't really my cup of tea. I've never really liked her from day one. She always thought she was better than anyone she's around.

'If you look up narcissist in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Ruby.'
[snip]
'I feel bad for Kevin, he's like almost brainwashed. I feel sorry for him,' Kevin's sister-in-law said

YouTuber mom Ruby Franke's family says she should be put away forever

seems like Ruby wears the pants per the sisters in law

ETA I note tho that these women haven't really interacted with Ruby and Kevin in the last decade. So their reaching out to the DM kinda feels icky, as if they couldn't wait for their 15 now that the SIL they dislike is in the news. I think they are right in their assessment of the couple but if they haven't been around in a decade the Mail probably didn't seek them out if you know what I mean.

Cynthia, who is the wife of Ruby's husband Kevin's older brother Alan, said, 'We had no idea what was going on in the family.

'I don't think she should get out on bail. I do believe the allegations against her. After all of this she should be put away forever if convicted.'

Jennifer Franke, 42, who is married to Kevin's brother Aaron, said, 'Ruby isn't really my cup of tea. I've never really liked her from day one. She always thought she was better than anyone she's around.

'If you look up narcissist in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Ruby.'
[snip]
'I feel bad for Kevin, he's like almost brainwashed. I feel sorry for him,' Kevin's sister-in-law said

seems like Ruby wears the pants per the sisters in law

ETA I note tho that these women haven't really interacted with Ruby and Kevin in the last decade. So their reaching out to the DM kinda feels icky, as if they couldn't wait for their 15 now that the SIL they dislike is in the news. I think they are right in their assessment of the couple but if they haven't been around in a decade the Mail probably didn't seek them out if you know what I mean.
Betcha anything Ruby will tell Santa not to leave any gifts for her sisters-in-law this year.

jmo

So these are Kevin’s sisters? Sisters in law? Doing an ‘exclusive’ interview with Daily Mail?
Jodi lived with Ruby and Kevin while being their therapist??? Weird and unethical. imo

"'When Jodi moved into the family's Springville marital home, one of the first things she did was separate Ruby and Kevin, it was almost like the movie War of the Roses.

'Ruby was living on one side of the house and Kevin was living on the other. Kevin couldn't talk to Ruby unless Jodi was present.'"

Jodi lived with Ruby and Kevin while being their therapist??? Weird and unethical. imo

Based on the stuff that’s been coming out in podcasts and via surviving adult children, I don’t think Jodi believes in the concept of ethics. I’m not even being facetious. She might have paid lip service to whatever ethics training she received, but it had nothing to do with how she practiced, or her weird culty “Truth”/distortion concepts.

When I started reading about this case my heart sank- swap some names and professions out and I've heard this story before from exmo friends and employees. Right down to the sexual abuse happening among the children. I can't help but wonder how many other children are suffering in Utah right now and just don't have the media attention.

Based on the stuff that’s been coming out in podcasts and via surviving adult children, I don’t think Jodi believes in the concept of ethics. I’m not even being facetious. She might have paid lip service to whatever ethics training she received, but it had nothing to do with how she practiced, or her weird culty “Truth”/distortion concepts.
This part really seems culty:

"'It was cult. Kevin was in a men's group at ConneXions, he had a checklist of what he needed to do to be better and if you did they would praise you and if you didn't they would chastise you.' ...

Kevin moved out last July 2022. He lived in a townhouse near the family home where he had a minder from ConneXions that would stay with him at the townhouse and watch over him."

This part really seems culty:

"'It was cult. Kevin was in a men's group at ConneXions, he had a checklist of what he needed to do to be better and if you did they would praise you and if you didn't they would chastise you.' ...

Kevin moved out last July 2022. He lived in a townhouse near the family home where he had a minder from ConneXions that would stay with him at the townhouse and watch over him."

WOW. Yeah that’s something out of the Scientology playbook.

'Shari told us that Kevin was kicked out last July 2022, at the time we never knew about Jodi and the influence she would have on the family.

'At the time Shari told us, ''My dad wont talk to me. He wouldn't take phone calls answer emails etc.''

She continued telling Jennifer, 'My dad thinks he's a horrible person, they (Ruby and Jodi) have him brainwashed believing he is a bad person.'

'Shari tried contacting her father after he moved out, but he blocked everyone on social media, his cell phone, email.

'I feel bad for Kevin, he's like almost brainwashed. I feel sorry for him.'

'I've known Kevin since he was 11-years old, he's a good guy. Ruby and Jodi brainwashed him into moving out and abandoning his family.

'After Ruby was arrested my husband called Kevin and told him if he needed anything to let him know. Kevin responded by saying, ''gaslighting is real. This is messed up.''

'In some ways I think Kevin to an extent is also a victim, he was always the more nurturing one in the relationship.

I knew it, they kicked Kevin out due to him being in distortion and probably claim he has a sexual addition per the Jodi MO. Interesting allegations in this article about Jodi moving in with the couple in their home and then having them live on seperate ends of the house. Him being not allowed to speak to his wife unless Jodi was present??? Him later being forced to move out with a "minder" to look after him. Him being alienated from all other family members.

WOW. Yeah that’s something out of the Scientology playbook.
I agree.

And Jessi (Jodi's neice) said that Jodi would take something from your life and exploit it. These good lists/bad lists in group would be a fertile source of stuff to hold over the men in the men's group. If grown men are vulnerable to Jodi's manipulation, the kids didn't have a chance, especially if the parents were in on it.

jmo

Same Mail link. Kevin was put under a ' minder from Connexions' !!

Jennifer said the family heard that Jodi moved into the Franke family house between 2021 and 2022.

Jennifer said she heard at some point, Ruby and Kevin started to go to Jodi and her company for marriage counseling.

'It was cult. Kevin was in a men's group at ConneXions, he had a checklist of what he needed to do to be better and if you did they would praise you and if you didn't they would chastise you.

'When Jodi moved into the family's Springville marital home, one of the first things she did was separate Ruby and Kevin, it was almost like the movie War of the Roses.

'Ruby was living on one side of the house and Kevin was living on the other. Kevin couldn't talk to Ruby unless Jodi was present.'

Kevin moved out last July 2022. He lived in a townhouse near the family home where he had a minder from ConneXions that would stay with him at the townhouse and watch over him.

ETA - Didn't realise another poster already highlighted that

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am still not giving Kevin a pass and anybody who can be manipulated into abandoning his children shouldn’t get custody without some serious questions asked.

He certainly wasn’t Brain washed when he was condoning rubys behavior on YouTube .

IMO

I am still not giving Kevin a pass and anybody who can be manipulated into abandoning his children shouldn’t get custody without some serious questions asked.

He certainly wasn’t Brain washed when he was condoning rubys behavior on YouTube .

IMO
I'm not giving him a pass either and I apologize if anyone got that impression from my curiosity about how all this happened.

jmo

If anything, this only proves that the father is not in any shape to get custody of these children.

Also, it kind of confirms what I suspected. That the daughter going no contact wasn't really her choice at all and the parents actually stopped communicating with her. That poor girl.

If anything, this only proves that the father is not in any shape to get custody of these children.

Also, it kind of confirms what I suspected. That the daughter going no contact wasn't really her choice at all and the parents actually stopped communicating with her. That poor girl.
actually, she may well have gone no contact with her mom and stayed in contact with her dad. She clearly has tried to keep an eye out for her younger siblings and was able to glean from someone at some point that her mother had left them alone unsupervised for several weeks, hence her call to LE to request a wellness check (one of the 12-15 LE calls to that residence over the years)

I wouldn’t say that necessarily because when Sheri did a Instagram for Father Day post she thanked the Men in her life and Kevin was omitted completely.

I believe Sheri was old enough to realize how toxic the family environment were by the time she left for college and distance gave her that space to realize that she had to cut them out for her own mental health.

Imo

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads