UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume that RF warned Pam and the husband in the phone call or text to circle the wagons, stonewall police/CPS, don't let them near the kids.

"I did make her scrub the floor..." Not, "she mopped the floor", but scrubbed, so I'm assuming hands and knees. Punitive.

Pam, when you say, "I did make her scrub the floor..." she is not doing it of her own free will.

SRSLY, who talks like this, using legal CYA language?
“I did make her scrub the floor, ...But she did so of her own free will.

Who talks like this in this circumstance? Someone who has a friend in her shady organization who regularly sends children over to do menial labor as punishment - MOO proof this woman is well aware of why police are there and what Ruby's "family emergency" was. IMO

“I did make her scrub the floor, ...But she did so of her own free will.

Who talks like this in this circumstance? Someone who has a friend in her shady organization who regularly sends children over to do menial labor as punishment - MOO proof this woman is well aware of why police are there and what Ruby's "family emergency" was. IMO
Exactly. I think it's generally understood that an adult doesn't violate the free will of friends' children when taking them in during a family emergency. There is no need to clarify that in normal circumstances.

It's all weird. Not sure we'll ever get to the core of what the Connexions people were doing as it's not part of the actual charges against Ruby. ?

jmo

Exactly. I think it's generally understood that an adult doesn't violate the free will of friends' children when taking them in during a family emergency. There is no need to clarify that in normal circumstances.

It's all weird. Not sure we'll ever get to the core of what the Connexions people were doing as it's not part of the actual charges against Ruby. ?

jmo
To me, IMO it is a very bitter and angry woman, Jodi and her efforts to recruit like minded women to hang around with and ultimately control

To me, IMO it is a very bitter and angry woman, Jodi and her efforts to recruit like minded women to hang around with and ultimately control
I agree. This type of child abuse feels very much about the caretaker's extreme need to control everyone and everything in their lives. They are power hungry, cruel dictators. They long to be the center of attention at all times and demand adoration from everyone they meet. And will stop AT NOTHING to ensure they get it. True narcissists who feed on their vindictiveness.

SALT LAKE CITY (Court TV) — In an interview with Court TV’s Vinnie Politan, the attorney representing the husband of a YouTube creator accused of child abuse revealed new details about the couple’s relationship and pending divorce.
[snip]
Politan pressed Kester about why Kevin would have been willing to leave his family in the first place.

“My first question was, ‘Where were you?'” Kester said of his first meeting with Kevin. “And he said, ‘Randy, I was so desperate to get back with my wife and my children, I was willing to take anyone’s advice who I thought was a professional and could help me reestablish my relationship and my bond with my kids and my family and my wife,’ and he said in hindsight, ‘I was brainwashed.'”
Explosive allegations in divorce between YouTuber Ruby Franke and husband

Kester suggested this was all due to the influence of Hildebrandt, who describes herself as a family therapist and educator. He said she had been acting as the family's counselor and had encouraged Kevin to move out of the house.
[snip]
Kester said Hildebrandt told Kevin that limiting communication and contact in this way would make the family more "wholesome."

Kevin was "living by himself in a small apartment," Kester said, while Ruby and the kids remained in their "quite large home in Springville."

"His communication with his children was zip," Kester told Court TV. "His communication with Ruby was only at her discretion."
Husband of Ruby Franke, the YouTube star arrested on suspicion of child abuse, was brainwashed and forced into isolation, attorney says

According to court filings on Thursday, Dec. 7, Eric Clarke, the Deputy Washington County Attorney has requested separate hearings for Franke and Hildebrandt.

Waiver hearings are scheduled to determine if the two sides can reach a plea bargain.
[snip]
Franke’s waiver hearing was requested for Dec. 18 and Hildebrandt’s hearing requested for Dec. 27.
Washington Co. attorney requests waiver hearings in Franke, Hildebrandt child abuse case

If a plea bargain can be reached, a preliminary hearing and trial would likely not take place. However, it’s also a hearing in which sentencing could take place following a guilty plea.
Washington Co. attorney requests waiver hearings in Franke, Hildebrandt child abuse case

I'm torn on a potential plea deal. I don't want the children to have to testify. But I also don't want these two to get off lightly either! I have to think there is a strong case, if neither have yet tried again to get bond. What do you all think?

I'm torn on a potential plea deal. I don't want the children to have to testify. But I also don't want these two to get off lightly either! I have to think there is a strong case, if neither have yet tried again to get bond. What do you all think?
If she gets out while the children are still minors, I'm afraid they will all be together again.

I am concerned a plea deal will simply end with the children being returned to the influences of Jodi and to the care of their mother, something I am adamantly against.

I do not trust their father to prevent that despite all the "I didn't know, wasn't my fault, I was brainwashed" noises he is now making.

over a YEAR. That is how long he remained absent from his children's lives, with ZERO contact, at Jodi's behest, per his own lawyer.

Yeah, not a fan of any sort of plea that puts Ruby back in the kids' lives while they are still vulnerable to her sickness and would serve to put Jodi back on the streets to continue "treating" people (licensed or no) through referrals from the church.

nope nope nope.

JH and RF restrained the kids and starved them, a form of torture. These are extremely serious crimes. They are both still in jail.
The only exception would be if this was all JH, separating RF from her kids, telling RF that she, JH, was doing therapeutic treatment/intervention.
Both kids have by now been able to tell investigators exactly what happened, how long they were restrained, what were the details of their food deprivation, were they kept in isolation together or separately, was there sensory deprivation as well, as well as the extent of RF's involvement.

Oh please!! I think the prosecution can just show her YouTube videos from before Jody to prove otherwise. I’m will stipulate that Jody made things worse and Jody is a step worse than Ruby, but Ruby is no saint!!

I hope she doesn't get a light punishment and is allowed to have contact with her children again. Since the adult children are already in contact with the father I fear her pleading guilty is just a way of getting a lighter sentence and getting out ASAP to go back to the "family" like nothing happened. I can't imagine how those poor kids must be feeling.

This Law & Crime Sidebar episode includes more of the statement released by Ruby's lawyer.
It includes:
Ruby is aware that Kevin Franke has filed for divorce. While she is devastated by this news, she acknowledges and understands his anger and reasoning. Despite the pain, she respects his decisions and remains hopeful that, with time, she can contriubute to rebuilding trust and fostering understanding within their family. Ruby has offered her full cooperation in helping her children reunite with their father.
The law firm goes on to say that Ruby loves her children and it was unfortunate that Jodi led Ruby astray.

Clearly she is putting full blame on Jodi and is hoping Kevin gets custody of the children. I'm guessing she hopes she can ultimately convince (manipulate) him into get back together since she's so "sincere and apologetic".

I hope Kevin doesn't get custody of the kids. He has shown that he makes poor judgements about his children.

MOO disclaimer!

The only good thing about this entire rodeo is the possibility that it will shut down JH's toxic therapy practices. I can't imagine she'll get out of this without some time in the gray-bar hotel.

Gotta say, that sweet 8 Passengers and Connextions cash bought RF an excellent criminal defense attorney.

In terms of legal strategy, would RF taking a plea deal now stop the possibility that JH could testify at RF's trial re: RF's (possible, alleged) complicity in the (possible, alleged) abuse of her own children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu