UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO disclaimer!

The only good thing about this entire rodeo is the possibility that it will shut down JH's toxic therapy practices. I can't imagine she'll get out of this without some time in the gray-bar hotel.

Gotta say, that sweet 8 Passengers and Connextions cash bought RF an excellent criminal defense attorney.

In terms of legal strategy, would RF taking a plea deal now stop the possibility that JH could testify at RF's trial re: RF's (possible, alleged) complicity in the (possible, alleged) abuse of her own children?
The gloves are off and it's now every woman for herself!!

I do believe that Jodi was a negative influence on Ruby, but Ruby already had questionnable parenting tactics. She was already mistreating her children before she met up with Jodi. All of this is clearly just my opinion!
I can't wait to see both of them in prison. I hope Ruby doesn't manipulate here way out of prison time.

RUBY's attorney": “It is our firm belief that Ms. Franke is a devoted mother who, unfortunately, was led astray,” her firm said in its Friday statement, referencing the impact of Hildebrandt’s alleged influence. “She is sincere in her commitment to securing the best possible future for her family, and we remain hopeful that, with the right support and understanding, she can navigate a path of healing and growth.”

KEVIN's attorney: “Kevin did not want to be separated,” Kester had said. “He wanted to work through concerns as a family. There was never any formal, written decree of separate maintenance or separation agreement. The separation was under terms proscribed by Ruby and Jodi Hildebrandt.”
Family vlogger Ruby Franke expected to enter plea agreement in child abuse case

ME: and yet they are both grown adults who made decisions that led to the abuse of their children. Is Jodi toxic and a menace? Yep. Are the Franke's excused for simply ceding their lives, decision making and children to that nasty woman? NO THEY ARE NOT. Too little, too late.

Franke, 41, is due in court in Utah's Washington County at 11 a.m. local time. The statement from Winward Law, the law firm representing Franke, did not elaborate on the details of the agreement.

"Our client is working with the prosecutor's office and anticipates resolving this matter quickly by entering a plea agreement with the court on Monday, December 18th," the firm said.
YouTuber Ruby Franke expected to enter plea agreement Monday, lawyer says
:rolleyes:

Watch Live: YouTube Mom Child Abuse Case — UT v. Ruby Franke — Court Hea... https://youtube.com/live/kT-Ll4kYCCQ?si=uXuilA79CmL_SJy- via @YouTube

NOTE: The judge is NOT allowing live streaming of today's #RubyFranke hearing. We will have the footage after the hearing and will post it on our YouTube and air it on @LawCrimeNetwork

I will live tweet the hearing.

So much for that. The judge's webinar was supposed to be audio only. It never came on and hearing is over. Stand by for details.

NEW: #RubyFranke pleaded guilty to four counts of 2nd-degree felony child abuse. Sentencing in February. Waiting to hear if plea is subject to her testifying against Hildebrandt.

Utah: Second-Degree Felony Child AbuseA second-degree felony charge of child abuse carries a maximum sentence of up to 15 years in prison and a $19,000 fine (including surcharge)

Ruby Franke entering court today ahead of plea.

How do you plead? #RubyFranke: "With my deepest regrets and sorrow for my family and my children, guilty.”

1702927072110.png

PLEA TERMS: #RubyFranke agreed to testify against #JodiHildebrandt. She agreed to serve a prison term running consecutively not concurrent. The Utah board of parole and pardons determines the exact length of time but each count carries up to 15 years.

Last edited:
The plea agreement states that Franke will serve a prison term and that her sentences for each of the four felony convictions will be served consecutively, meaning one after the other. She is also required to testify against her co-defendant in the case, Jodi Hildebrandt.
[snip]
from the plea document: Specific instances of abuse committed by the defendant include (1) kicking RF while wearing boots, (2) holding his head underwater, and (3) cutting off oxygen by placing her hands over his mouth and nose.

(Count2)Thea ctions described above caused severe emotion harm to RF due to the fact that they began in May and escalated throughout the summer months. Additionally, the defendant and another adult regularly sought to indoctrinate RF and convince him that he was evil and possessed. And that he needed to willingly be obedient to avoid punishments. And that the punishments were necessary to repent. He was also told that everything that was being done to him were acts of love.

Count 3) The defendant’ actions also caused severe emotional harm to EF. Other than binding and the specific instances of abuse RF was subjected to, EF was subjected to the same treatment as her brother: she was isolated and forced to do the physical tasks, remain outside, ‘and denied food and water. She was also repeatedly told she was evil and possessed, the punishments were necessary for her to be obedient and to repent, and these things were being done to her in order to help er. EF was convinced that she was evil and needed to go through these things in order to repent.

(Count 4) The defendant's actions caused two or more physical injuries to EF. She was forced to work outside in the heat barefoot. She was also forced to run barefoot on dirt roads for ‘an extended period of time. EF’s feet were repeatedly injured by, and she was repeatedly sunburned. When examined on August 30, these wounds were apparent by scabs, blisters, and sloughing skin.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/parenting-vlogger-ruby-franke-pleads-guilty-to-felony-child-abuse-charges/

@tlcya, that horror is beyond what I could have imagined, just complete total evil. The summer heat in St. George (near JH's home) in the summer is blistering hot, over 100 degrees on the hottest days. I think that if the boy had not been able to escape that one or both of those children would be dead; I think he probably realized that as well.

When is the punishment phase of her plea?

Quick google search on 2nd degree felony child abuse in Utah and I think this is the statute that applies to RF. Please correct if this is in error. From the Utah State Legislature website:
76-5-109.2. Aggravated child abuse
Aggravated child abuse.having the care or custody of such child, causes or permits another to inflict serious physical injury upon a child. A violation of Subsection (2) is a second degree felony if done intentionally or knowingly

"causes or permits another to inflict serious physical injury upon a child"

If this is RF's charge, the actual abuse is falling squarely on JH, although RF admits with her plea that she knew of/allowed JH's abuse. Not looking good for RF and stick a fork in JH, she's done.

I'd be very interested in the nature of the fallout in the community of people who were paying mega bucks for Connextions "therapy".

Last edited:
I wonder who was in the court room for her. She looked behind where she would be sitting and smiled when she walked in to the court room. I am so angry reading what she did to her son beyond what we knew happened (tying up and starving him). I am assuming she is not receiving any punishment for abuse to her daughter?

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: From approx May 22, 2203 to Aug 30, 2023 (day son escaped), the defendant intentionally or knowingly inflicted and allowed another adult to inflict serious physical injuries upon her children that were ages 9 and 11/12 (I believe the son was 11 and turned 12 over the span of the above dates).

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The defendant's actions involved the physical torture of RF. RF was forced to do physical tasks for hours and days at a time. These included wall-sits, carrying boxes full of books up and down stairs and working outside. RF was forced to do outside labor without shoes and in the summer heat.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: He was forced to stand in the direct sunlight for several days. He was forced to remain outside at all hours of day and night for extended periods of time. These actions resulted in repeated and serious sunburns with blistered and sloughing skin.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: RF was denied adequate water for several of the days he was required to remain in the summer heat and he was punished when he secretly consumed water. He was denied sufficient food and when given food he was given very plain meals (e.g. rice and chicken) while others in the house ate regular and more flavorful meals.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: He was isolated from other people and denied all forms of entertainment including books, notebooks and electronics. After RF attempted to run away in July, his hands and feet were regularly bound. Binding included being tied to the defendant (Ruby Franke) and to weights.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal:Many times the binding included using two sets of handcuffs, one on RF's wrists and one on his ankles. At times with RF lying on his stomach, ropes were used to tie the two set of handcuffs together so that his arms and lower legs were lifted off the ground.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The bindings resulted in injuries to RF's wrists and ankles where handcuffs cut through the skin and damaged the muscle-tissue. These injuries were treated with homeopathic remedies and covered with duct tape. The binding were placed on top of the duct tape.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Specific instances of abuse committed by the defendant include kicking RF while wearing boots, holding his head underwater, cutting off oxygen by placing her hands over his mouth and nose.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Additionally, the defendant and another adult regularly sought to indoctrinate RF and convince him that he was evil an possessed. And that he needed to willingly be obedient to avoid punishments. And that the punishments were necessary to repent. He was also told that everything that was being done to him were acts of love.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Child "EF" who was nine years old - EF was also subjected to bindings and the same treatment as her brother, she was isolated and forced to do the physical tasks, remain outside, denied food and water. She was also told she was evil and possessed.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The defendant's actions caused two or more physical injuries to EF. She was forced to work outside in the heat barefoot. She was forced to run barefoot on dirt roads for extended periods of time. EF's feet were repeatedly injured.

I wonder who was in the court room for her. She looked behind where she would be sitting and smiled when she walked in to the court room. I am so angry reading what she did to her son beyond what we knew happened (tying up and starving him). I am assuming she is not receiving any punishment for abuse to her daughter?
RF is the son and EF the youngest daughter. Ruby is pleading guilty to counts 1, 3, 5 and 6. 5 and 6 are the counts relevant to the abuse of the daughter found at Jodi's home.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: From approx May 22, 2203 to Aug 30, 2023 (day son escaped), the defendant intentionally or knowingly inflicted and allowed another adult to inflict serious physical injuries upon her children that were ages 9 and 11/12 (I believe the son was 11 and turned 12 over the span of the above dates).

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The defendant's actions involved the physical torture of RF. RF was forced to do physical tasks for hours and days at a time. These included wall-sits, carrying boxes full of books up and down stairs and working outside. RF was forced to do outside labor without shoes and in the summer heat.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: He was forced to stand in the direct sunlight for several days. He was forced to remain outside at all hours of day and night for extended periods of time. These actions resulted in repeated and serious sunburns with blistered and sloughing skin.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: RF was denied adequate water for several of the days he was required to remain in the summer heat and he was punished when he secretly consumed water. He was denied sufficient food and when given food he was given very plain meals (e.g. rice and chicken) while others in the house ate regular and more flavorful meals.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: He was isolated from other people and denied all forms of entertainment including books, notebooks and electronics. After RF attempted to run away in July, his hands and feet were regularly bound. Binding included being tied to the defendant (Ruby Franke) and to weights.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal:Many times the binding included using two sets of handcuffs, one on RF's wrists and one on his ankles. At times with RF lying on his stomach, ropes were used to tie the two set of handcuffs together so that his arms and lower legs were lifted off the ground.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The bindings resulted in injuries to RF's wrists and ankles where handcuffs cut through the skin and damaged the muscle-tissue. These injuries were treated with homeopathic remedies and covered with duct tape. The binding were placed on top of the duct tape.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Specific instances of abuse committed by the defendant include kicking RF while wearing boots, holding his head underwater, cutting off oxygen by placing her hands over his mouth and nose.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Additionally, the defendant and another adult regularly sought to indoctrinate RF and convince him that he was evil an possessed. And that he needed to willingly be obedient to avoid punishments. And that the punishments were necessary to repent. He was also told that everything that was being done to him were acts of love.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: Child "EF" who was nine years old - EF was also subjected to bindings and the same treatment as her brother, she was isolated and forced to do the physical tasks, remain outside, denied food and water. She was also told she was evil and possessed.

HORRIFIC details in #RubyFranke plea deal: The defendant's actions caused two or more physical injuries to EF. She was forced to work outside in the heat barefoot. She was forced to run barefoot on dirt roads for extended periods of time. EF's feet were repeatedly injured.

Truly horrible targeted abuse. She needs to be removed from these children forever.

I'm so sad reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member