UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the details of the abuse these kids endured is breaking me. How could anyone stand by RF after hearing this? I'm disgusted. It's so much worse than I imagined. My hope for her children is that they never have to see their evil monster of a "mother" again. I hope she spends a lot of time behind bars, and that people around her treat her the way she treated her vulnerable children.

From the beginning of her reign of perfect mom of 6 and appeared on her vlog or whatever she called it, IMO, it was all about her and any attention she could or would get. Pretty mom with her eyelashs and dressed to the nines, and her cute, attractive kids, she found her niche and I'd like to think it snowballed but maybe not. Also, IMO, the father is not innocent in this. He might not have been present for the latest abuse but this didn't happen overnight and what man listens to someone tell him to leave his family for a year or more.All JMO, it's disgusting

The father should possibly face charges as well.
He had to have been present for some of the abuse.
Imo.

She was hellbent on hurting the children, who she believed were 'possessed' and 'evil'.

I don't believe it was the children who were possessed !!
Imagine covering up cuts in their skin with duct tape and replacing the shackles.
Horrid painful abuse.
Omo.

Last edited:
From the get-go this case was so troubling. How many parents were trapped into believing this? Believing her?

Moo. I have a 19 year old neighbor, who barely graduated high school. She did face abuse by her biological father in her youth. She has had lots of therapy over the years. But now, with absolutely no training, she has set herself up as an "Influencer" talking to others about sexual abuse. She is getting $$ from something. And is proud to be an Influencer. I just dread over the thoughts that she might be "influencing' children. MOO.

I am hoping this case gives parents (and all of us) pause to understand what these "Influencers" are, and do.

What is the real goal, and intent?

It was hard to find articles in true MSM (there are more "how to" articles than warning articles)
but I did find one from Public Broadcasting!!

Serious question:
What were dedicated followers following her for, was she pushing anything? Recipes, cookbook, fitness, skincare sponsorships? Or was it actual parenting tips?
I'm guessing it was all about wishing they could be that perfect, beautiful mother, with those perfect, beautiful children in the perfect, beautiful house.
We can all get sucked in by the supposed perfection of others. But it's not real life. "Reality TV" and "reality YouTube" and "reality Instagram" are posed and fake. No one has a perfect life.

One of Ruby's sisters posted a video where she talked about how/when she found out about Ruby's arrest. She said her family was at a site somewhere for an important shoot for her YouTube channel. She said they had gotten all dressed up and were focused on looking great. The shoot was going to take a while. So...this is not reality. This is all put on for their vlogs. And people lap it up.

My sister was a producer for reality tv shows. She told us how fake everthing is. It is very scripted. And the subjects' responses to surprises is exaggerated. And she said that reality shows focused on a particular 'celebrity' are all about stroking their ego. It's all about playing to our natural emotions.

I'm guessing it was all about wishing they could be that perfect, beautiful mother, with those perfect, beautiful children in the perfect, beautiful house.
We can all get sucked in by the supposed perfection of others. But it's not real life. "Reality TV" and "reality YouTube" and "reality Instagram" are posed and fake. No one has a perfect life.

One of Ruby's sisters posted a video where she talked about how/when she found out about Ruby's arrest. She said her family was at a site somewhere for an important shoot for her YouTube channel. She said they had gotten all dressed up and were focused on looking great. The shoot was going to take a while. So...this is not reality. This is all put on for their vlogs. And people lap it up.

My sister was a producer for reality tv shows. She told us how fake everthing is. It is very scripted. And the subjects' responses to surprises is exaggerated. And she said that reality shows focused on a particular 'celebrity' are all about stroking their ego. It's all about playing to our natural emotions.

Agree. Most are promoting themselves and/or a product. I’ve seen accounts with products being pushed with ‘no comments’. They don’t want anyone commenting on the products not working. That alone makes it sketchy.

I’m a tough sell for any of it, including being a follower. Nothing is picture perfect but people buy into the hope of it being possible for them. Sad…

what she sold on her youtube 8 passengers was herself and a fake picture perfect Christian family lifestyle. MOO she enjoyed the attention and that became addictive, then she began to believe her own hype and give parenting advice to others gullible enough to buy the facade she presented of her perfect life and family.

MOO Jodi saw her weakness and need for attention and used it, made Ruby feel validated, important, and better than others, which only served to create the monster that became these two women together.

what she sold on her youtube 8 passengers was herself and a fake picture perfect Christian family lifestyle.
Even more specifically, the perfect Mormon family. RF is was definitely a Mormon mommy blogger/influencer. JH was also riding this train, cashing in by saying "Having trouble being the perfect Mormon family? I can help!" RF as the face of a perfect Mormon family was the ideal match for this charade.

This November 2021 article takes an interesting dive into Mormon mommy blogging and might offer some insights into what's going on. Why are so many of the most influential moms on the internet Mormon? Influencer culture and LDS theology fit together surprisingly well

Even more specifically, the perfect Mormon family. RF is was definitely a Mormon mommy blogger/influencer. JH was also riding this train, cashing in by saying "Having trouble being the perfect Mormon family? I can help!" RF as the face of a perfect Mormon family was the ideal match for this charade.

This November 2021 article takes an interesting dive into Mormon mommy blogging and might offer some insights into what's going on. Why are so many of the most influential moms on the internet Mormon? Influencer culture and LDS theology fit together surprisingly well

Thank you for this find!

I am so happy these disgusting people plead guilty - the children do not have to testify and further abuse them. This is horrible from this article though:

In the statement, Hildebrandt said they tried to convince the boy that he was evil, and the punishments were necessary for him to repent and were an act of love.

Franke's daughter received severe emotional harm from Hildebrandt's actions, according to her plea statement. It said she received the same treatment as her brother, aside from the binding and other specific instances and her feet were "repeatedly injured" from being barefoot.

According to the statement, Hildebrandt also "forced or coerced (the girl) to jump into a cactus multiple times."

I am so happy these disgusting people plead guilty - the children do not have to testify and further abuse them. This is horrible from this article though:

In the statement, Hildebrandt said they tried to convince the boy that he was evil, and the punishments were necessary for him to repent and were an act of love.

Franke's daughter received severe emotional harm from Hildebrandt's actions, according to her plea statement. It said she received the same treatment as her brother, aside from the binding and other specific instances and her feet were "repeatedly injured" from being barefoot.

According to the statement, Hildebrandt also "forced or coerced (the girl) to jump into a cactus multiple times."
Cruel.

By doing so, she took the benefit of Franke’s plea deal away from her and also made sure she wouldn’t get screwed by Franke’s testimony. Whatever she would have gotten would’ve been worse, I believe. I think she also thought she wasn’t going to let Franke get a deal while she didn’t.

I hope they both get the absolute max. We don’t need to hear all the gory details. We’ve heard more than enough. Thank God those kids don’t have to relive any of that. All I want is for there to be true Justice for those children - stiff sentences - and for child protective services to remain in their lives, ensuring they receive treatment and aren’t abused again, as long as possible.

Please Lord don’t let the father get them. And I hope they get excellent therapists and good homes. Not like what happened to the Turpin kids.

Finally, I truly hope the judge makes sure to make a statement on the record that those kids were be bad. They’re normal. The ones who were bad were Jodi and Ruby.

All of that would equal Justice to me.

By doing so, she took the benefit of Franke’s plea deal away from her and also made sure she wouldn’t get screwed by Franke’s testimony. Whatever she would have gotten would’ve been worse, I believe. I think she also thought she wasn’t going to let Franke get a deal while she didn’t.

I hope they both get the absolute max. We don’t need to hear all the gory details. We’ve heard more than enough. Thank God those kids don’t have to relive any of that. All I want is for there to be true Justice for those children - stiff sentences - and for child protective services to remain in their lives, ensuring they receive treatment and aren’t abused again, as long as possible.

Please Lord don’t let the father get them. And I hope they get excellent therapists and good homes. Not like what happened to the Turpin kids.

Finally, I truly hope the judge makes sure to make a statement on the record that those kids were be bad. They’re normal. The ones who were bad were Jodi and Ruby.

All of that would equal Justice to me.

How did Hildebrandt take the benefit of Franke’s plea deal away from her?

By doing so, she took the benefit of Franke’s plea deal away from her and also made sure she wouldn’t get screwed by Franke’s testimony.
My assumption was that RF's testimony about the extent of JH's sadistic cruelty will be critical in determining JH's sentence, but I'm not sure about how that works exactly. Maybe RF has already done all her testifying about what transpired as part of her plea deal or perhaps RF will testify on sentencing day (Feb 20, is it?).

The information gleaned from the kids during their interviews surely has been key in corroborating the testimony of RF and JH.

JH went completely off the rails this past summer and didn't bother to try to hide her sadism - she tortured and starved two children.

MOO, She was so deep into her psychopathy that she didn't care where this was going, which was ultimately the death of these two children from starvation and thirst -- I can't see any other outcome if the son hadn't escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark