CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

you have to make me believe that Rebecca completely lost her mind and put on this fantastical display in the middle of total tragedy and outrageous pain . you have to make me believe she was severely mentally ill and would do this horrible
display out of anger rather than do so many other things like leaving...going to a hotel, going home to her family..

I understand her pain and distress..this is the most frightening and heartbreaking situation and a person could break down.
she was alone in the house with no support
there was a phone call that was possibly traumatic
she didn't know what to do.
I think she was trying to hold it together trying to help picking up the brother at the airport, staying there
being responsible staying available and on call.

I think there was a disregard for Rebecca maybe blaming her..she felt her home being torn away, her relationship
may not survive this..just a wellspring of terrible outcomes.

sadly she didn't know she was in danger and that this tugboat brother was there to get rid of her.

mOO

BBM
That's the part yet to be determined, JMO.
he was found responsible in civil court...the police made concessions and avoided charging in this case. I am convinced of it and wish all the elements and facts of this case would be totally re-examined and every square inch of that house to be re examined and tested...Rebecca was standing in the way once the heir to the fortune was going to die. Nobody
wanted Rebecca married into the family, follow all the motives..mOO

he was found responsible in civil court...the police made concessions and avoided charging in this case. I am convinced of it and wish all the elements and facts of this case would be totally re-examined and every square inch of that house to be re examined and tested...Rebecca was standing in the way once the heir to the fortune was going to die. Nobody
wanted Rebecca married into the family, follow all the motives..mOO

I understand. I've no doubt he did it, but not sure he did it in a rage or if he discussed it with someone else.

Even if they didn't want Rebecca to be married into the family, they didn't have to kill her, right? JMO, murder within families is most often related to money/financial matters.

I think Jonah knows his brother very well... it could be both...in a rage and in a conspiracy... it sounds fantastical until
you start examining the detours everyones life is about to take...then imagine the paranoid feelings toward Rebecca and here she is acting as lady of the house and putting Adam in the guest house. Rebecca not responding to discuss what happened to Max, and the mother of Adam is kept out of the house.

Rebecca seen as responsible for Max's death and also the fear of losing Jonah to Rebecca and Rebecca giving him another child. She was in the middle of a total mess and was in danger, I don't think she understood..I wonder if Jonah told her to leave the house in that call, I wonder if he was ever concerned about her safety...or if he knew all along but had second thoughts.

everybody is still suspicious as far as I am concerned.

mOO

The Shacknai family dynamics are very strange. I can't help but think of the Florida Adelson family and how they decided to deal with "a family problem" (i.e., 2014 murder of law Professor Dan Markel).

It always seemed to me that the convicted brother always felt accepted and closer to his brother's estranged ex-wife than to his brother. I don't doubt whatsoever that JS used his power, wealth, and political connections to affect the investigation but I'm inclined to believe JS communicated not with his brother but his father. My opinion only.

I was in San Diego on business when Rebecca was murdered, and this is the case that led me to Websleuths. I remember it like yesterday: news helicopters were flying over the mansion live streaming RZ's naked body in the garden while neighbors were gawking from their rooftops. I was simultaneously calling newsrooms and the FAA--- imploring them to cease filming and/or shut down the air space over the mansion. I was horrified. :eek:

Best wishes to Doug and Mary for health, strength and comfort.

I understand. I've no doubt he did it, but not sure he did it in a rage or if he discussed it with someone else.
^^rsbm
I think Jonah knows his brother very well... it could be both...in a rage and in a conspiracy... it sounds fantastical until you start examining the detours everyones life is about to take...
^^rsbm

And what bout Max? I thought they came to the conclusion that he may have been strangled. What happened to him?
are these details being covered up too? who could have done this? The truth has not been discovered. Maybe there is more of a reason than we know for Rebecca's murder. Max could have been dying all night maybe unconscious due to being strangled in a rage by someone. Lots of bad things come to mind and child abuse is one of those things also keeping certain people from ratting out someone. mOO

And what bout Max? I thought they came to the conclusion that he may have been strangled. What happened to him?
are these details being covered up too? who could have done this? The truth has not been discovered. Maybe there is more of a reason than we know for Rebecca's murder. Max could have been dying all night maybe unconscious due to being strangled in a rage by someone. Lots of bad things come to mind and child abuse is one of those things also keeping certain people from ratting out someone. mOO
I disagree. No evidence Max was strangled or attempted strangulation. Max died when life support was terminated after he somehow dropped with his scooter from the balcony. If anything, Max may have been encouraged to engage in risky behavior with his scooter for social media photo opps. MOO

Right now watching the revisit of this case on Oxygen. I am outraged all over again- this case is so clearly a murder--- one thing that stood out watching it this time, is how she was degraded in this manner of death. She would never ever have degraded herself by being nude and tying herself up and hanging herself. Criminologists consulted in this case clearly state "someone did this to her"--- of course someone did and Adam Shaknai is more likely than not that someone. Common sense alone should tell anyone that this is murder---

Also, watching Shaknai taking the polygraph- he never says OMG I couldn't believe I found her that way it was horrible- or words to that effect- in fact he never mentions her at all- all he does is talk about how finding her is affecting him--- and how great a guy he is for cutting her down!!!! he is a real piece of work

Last edited:
Right now watching the revisit of this case on Oxygen. I am outraged all over again- this case is so clearly a murder--- one thing that stood out watching it this time, is how she was degraded in this manner of death. She would never ever have degraded herself by being nude and tying herself up and hanging herself. Criminologists consulted in this case clearly state "someone did this to her"--- of course someone did and Adam Shaknai is more likely than not that someone. Common sense alone should tell anyone that this is murder---

Also, watching Shaknai taking the polygraph- he never says OMG I couldn't believe I found her that way it was horrible- or words to that effect- in fact he never mentions her at all- all he does is talk about how finding her is affecting him--- and how great a guy he is for cutting her down!!!! he is a real piece of work

Don't forget the visits to the Spreckles mansion by the ex-wife's family around the time that Rebecca was murdered. The insults, etc. The public "gaslighting" was so intense on this case, with the public constantly being chided for following the evidence to logical conclusions. We were told again and again that the injuries - bruises, scratches, skin avulsions, cuts to Rebecca's body were simply due to her bouncing around under the balcony as it hung from the rope.

It was more than lies from Adam Shacknai, it was lies from his brother, his brother's friends, the in-laws, the former prosecutor who showed up at the crime scene, the sheriff, the medical examiner, the attorneys, etc.

LE were able to trace the digital evidence from Rex Heuermann's regular cell phone and burner phones he used several years ago. I wonder if LE can retrieve the digital evidence from Rebecca's cell phone as well as that of Adam's and other family members and friends in the days leading up to and after her death?

Last edited:
Don't forget the visits to the Spreckles mansion by the ex-wife's family around the time that Rebecca was murdered. The insults, etc. The public "gaslighting" was so intense on this case, with the public constantly being chided for following the evidence to logical conclusions. We were told again and again that the injuries - bruises, scratches, skin avulsions, cuts to Rebecca's body were simply due to her bouncing around under the balcony as it hung from the rope.

It was more than lies from Adam Shacknai, it was lies from his brother, his brother's friends, the in-laws, the former prosecutor who showed up at the crime scene, the sheriff, the medical examiner, the attorneys, etc.

LE were able to trace the digital evidence from Rex Heuermann's regular cell phone and burner phones he used several years ago. I wonder if LE can retrieve the digital evidence from Rebecca's cell phone as well as that of Adam's and other family members and friends in the days leading up to and after her death?
Why won't San Diego law enforcement re-open the case, to reinvestigate- there are so many issues that are clearly not resolved regarding her death. Personally, I feel that the Shaknai family's money and influence, especially Jonah, (who told the SD Police Dept to wrap the investigation up as soon as possible), has tainted their investigation--- I have no idea how the Zahau family can appeal to to get this case re-opened. It is so unfair, so unjust, it just blows my mind.

something is weird about the message on the wall too..it's not just over the top staging..it feels like a message.

like perhaps Jonah told Max's mother not to blame Rebecca and that she save'd Max after his fall.

she saved him
can you save her

it's all just insanely suspicious and it makes me wonder if others were actually involved or somehow colluded at some critical juncture of this mess. it also makes me very suspicious of Max's fall and possible other things that could have made Rebecca into a liability such as she witnessed something or knows something. Perhaps there is a reason she shipped her little sister off immediately . Could Rebecca have been in a position to bring down the house of Shaknai?

there is quite a bit of this story that is not making sense to this day...mOO

something is weird about the message on the wall too..it's not just over the top staging..it feels like a message.

like perhaps Jonah told Max's mother not to blame Rebecca and that she save'd Max after his fall.

she saved him
can you save her

it's all just insanely suspicious and it makes me wonder if others were actually involved or somehow colluded at some critical juncture of this mess. it also makes me very suspicious of Max's fall and possible other things that could have made Rebecca into a liability such as she witnessed something or knows something. Perhaps there is a reason she shipped her little sister off immediately . Could Rebecca have been in a position to bring down the house of Shaknai?

I believe that message on the wall is a red herring- Somebody wrote that to throw the police off- police go down rabbit holes with messages like that---

she saved him
can you save her

Agree, this case is so exceptional. After following it for a number of years, every time I review it again, it is still so suspicious. The more murder cases you follow, the more this one stands out with unanswered questions, bungled and missing evidence.

I believe that message on the wall is a red herring- Somebody wrote that to throw the police off- police go down rabbit holes with messages like that---
yes, it's very stagey like a theater production..it's dramatic...it's crime scene cliche' ... still though the words are worth some analysis even if it's just some subconscious drivel and a red herring.

yes, it's very stagey like a theater production..it's dramatic...it's crime scene cliche' ... still though the words are worth some analysis even if it's just some subconscious drivel and a red herring.
I think the words have been analyzed, but from my recall no one has really come up with a definitive interpretation- which is understandable

Speaking of staged, I believe her death, the way it was portrayed was staged!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back