CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

It is so obviously staged, except to the San Diego POLICE and apparently the coroner!!!
didn't we come to discover that the Tug Boat Captain did theater in school..set design etc? or did I dream this..? he definitely knows all his sailors knots and is a rope expert , so there's that. They easily found him guilty in civil court.
someone has sealed some mouths shut in my opinion. mOO

didn't we come to discover that the Tug Boat Captain did theater in school..set design etc? or did I dream this..? he definitely knows all his sailors knots and is a rope expert , so there's that. They easily found him guilty in civil court.

I recall that during his civil trial, but don't have a link right now, only this one from his guilty verdict.

I have a vague recollection of Tugboat Captain Adam active in theatre but I'm not recalling anything about it being in high school. I want to say it was something he did in Memphis -- maybe as a volunteer for a theatre company. I just recall his river work schedule was conducive to this where he typically worked 28 days on and 28 days off which gave him nearly a month off every other month. Does this sound familiar? However, I too could be misremembering.

The Oxygen Series "Death At the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau" -- especially episode 4, "Final Theories," is a great refresher for anybody questioning why we still talk about the injustice by the San Diego Sheriff's Office. Also, based on the evidence never tested, I can't think of any reason why the ME has not changed the manner of death from suicide to undetermined. MOO

The Oxygen Series "Death At the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau" -- especially episode 4, "Final Theories," is a great refresher for anybody questioning why we still talk about the injustice by the San Diego Sheriff's Office. Also, based on the evidence never tested, I can't think of any reason why the ME has not changed the manner of death from suicide to undetermined. MOO

That is a great series and illuminating--- This case demands re-opening the investigation into this highly suspicious death. It is extremely puzzling why the manner of death has not been changed to undetermined and leads me to believe there are things going on behind the scenes to keep this case closed. The Shaknai family has a lot of influence--- just sayin'

There are a couple of other so called suicide cases that are in this category--

and what of cameras around this "mansion" ? no camera's? no security? I cannot remember the details on security system etc......were all the security camera's not working or did this all happen out of the camera's eyes? makes it even more suspect in my opinion. mOO

and what of cameras around this "mansion" ? no camera's? no security? I cannot remember the details on security system etc......were all the security camera's not working or did this all happen out of the camera's eyes? makes it even more suspect in my opinion. mOO

IIRC, the security system wasn't turned on that night.

I have a vague recollection of Tugboat Captain Adam active in theatre but I'm not recalling anything about it being in high school. I want to say it was something he did in Memphis -- maybe as a volunteer for a theatre company. I just recall his river work schedule was conducive to this where he typically worked 28 days on and 28 days off which gave him nearly a month off every other month. Does this sound familiar? However, I too could be misremembering.

Yes, it was discussed during the civil suit trial.

Home security was not turned on. It seemed to me this was not unusual for the household especially when the children were visiting and house guests were in/out. Also, a reminder that Rebecca's murder was July 2011 -- predates the prevalence of the ring cams, etc. which we take for granted are everywhere today.

@Burma, appreciate the heads up on podcast. I am a huge podcast listener and these are definitely worth the listen to though I still need to listen to the Dec. 23 podcast. Well done by Ginger.

I am so sorry for your loss and for everything you and your family go through. I continue to keep RZ’s sister, you and your family in my thoughts. No one ought to have ever been through what y’all go through.

— Neighbor hearing scream speaks volume

— It’s really concerning IF someone else there during the 911 call and the mucus (1st heard about stain) like stain.

100% on board w/Paul Holes "this is a homicide, Rebecca Zahu did not do this to herself" and "the physical evidence doesn’t support the sheriffs theory.”

That’s been my (along w/many) stance since day one. They chose to ignore the mounting of evidence... homicide.

moo

@Burma, appreciate the heads up on podcast. I am a huge podcast listener and these are definitely worth the listen to though I still need to listen to the Dec. 23 podcast. Well done by Ginger.

I am so sorry for your loss and for everything you and your family go through. I continue to keep RZ’s sister, you and your family in my thoughts. No one ought to have ever been through what y’all go through.

— Neighbor hearing scream speaks volume

— It’s really concerning IF someone else there during the 911 call and the mucus (1st heard about stain) like stain.

100% on board w/Paul Holes "this is a homicide, Rebecca Zahu did not do this to herself" and "the physical evidence doesn’t support the sheriffs theory.”

That’s been my (along w/many) stance since day one. They chose to ignore the mounting of evidence... homicide.

moo

I recall that early news reports mentioned the neighbor hearing the screams and the loud music playing at the mansion that night. Within a month or so, there was no trace of that reporting in any of the news media stories. It had all disappeared from the internet. The information didn't re-appear until the civil trial.

Since then, I've seen similar witness accounts and other evidence scoured from the news media in a couple other cases. It seems to always be details that illuminate details of the crime and crime scene, that incriminate suspects. Maybe just a coincidence.

Last edited:
So I am refreshing myself with this case. There is alot to read through so could someone tell me why the police ruled this a suicide?

So I am refreshing myself with this case. There is alot to read through so could someone tell me why the police ruled this a suicide?

Bc everything pointed to suicide.
Read up on her background.

The incident with Max Schacknai was the tipping point.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess one of my concerns is a "documentary" literally interviewing a "true crime enthusiast" to gather facts about a case. Not family, not a friend, not someone connected to the victim...

This case seemed to me to be swept quickly under the rug after it occurred, much to the relief of local LE.

Bc everything pointed to suicide.
Read up on her background.

The incident with Max Schacknai was the tipping point.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Many experts, including Paul Holes and Cyril Wecht, feel it was staged to look like a suicide. Evidence revealed it wasn't.

In the beginning, the San Diego PD began to investigate it as a suspicious death, but the investigation was taken over by San Diego Sheriff's Dept. who decided it was a suicide. They didn't examine or test all of the evidence at the crime scene. Subsequent examination revealed Rebecca had been sexually assaulted with the handle of one of the knives found at the crime scene. The handle of the knife was covered in her menstrual blood. "Mixed" DNA that was found on the knives and other items at the crime scene were not fully tested to determine the source of the other DNA, etc. The damage to her neck revealed two separate marks for strangulation. It was believed by Cyril Wecht that she was strangled to the point of unconsciousness, assaulted, trussed up and the pushed over the balcony to hang.

These are just a few discrepancies. Probably better to read the links others above have suggested, especially Death at the Mansion.

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

This is why SDSD and the ME need to reopen the investigation - test evidence that wasn't tested, re-test other evidence according to new science and, JMO, go back to retrieve digital data from the cell phones, computers, etc. Rex Heuermann was recently arrested as a serial killer based on digital data retrieved from cell towers, internet searches and cell phones from evidence as old as 2011. It's available.

As people who are interested in this case, I assume you all support the idea of re-opening and completing the investigation.

why wouldn't she just hang herself somewhere in the house ?... the whole thing is absurd. <modsnip - referenced post was snipped of unapproved source>

ok so I am reading that she was depressed apparently..but that doesn't mean she committed suicide. mOO
added I had forgotten about the text messages she wrote about feeling empty etc.

Last edited:
Did you read the part where she faked a kidnapping and stole a thousand dollars worth of jewelry from Macy's back in 2009.

Where's the evidence of murder?

Everything points to rebecca sadly taking her life.

I think the messages that max wasn't going to make it send her spiraling.

Jmo
was it a faked kidnapping? I knew she ran away...that she was spiraling is the easy answer, yes things were very bad...it's just such an elaborate scene and none of it jibes.
but. what I have been told by someone in the Psychiatric field, is that suicide is almost always out of anger and rage, that anger is the overriding emotion...but not always recognized..I don't know that I agree with this but some persons that I have known who committed suicide all did a dramatic suicide.
2 jumped, one from one of the tallest high-rises, one in a huge Mall from a top level.
1 hung himself in the woods and made an art installation there as part of the presentation.
one od'd on a rooftop and left a note,
In only one of these scenarios do I see rage..but maybe it is something to look for. I cannot rule out a dramatic display
in a hanging because I know some one who actually did that.
My problem with it is I don't see her doing this..all of it is so out of this world..and there is no note, the writing on the wall is not a note. and if she wanted it to look like a murder scene she really did a number because it is the weirdest murder scene ever.

it's far more likely this scene was created in that bedroom to cover up the fact that she was strangled in a rage..the physical evidence says so. There is just so much wrong with all of it...it doesn't tell a story, it doesn't lead you to understand her, she hangs herself in the nude with her period and on display like a house of horrors. She could have easily hanged herself...it's pretty simple...even her wrists could have been tied much more easily...

one question I had was why would he wrap her neck in a t-shirt if she was already dead? I do have questions but
I still think she was murdered. mOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back