CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

okay so I am doing the podcasts and just listened to the polygraph episode. Adam had stayed in that guesthouse before, but had also stayed in the house...in the guest room where Rebecca was hung from the bed out the balcony.

the things he says in the pre poly interview are very sexually tinged. he talks about being "dispatched " to the guest house which is funny because that's the word I used when I was searching for things that could have pissed him off.
turns out...thats exactly how he felt for a moment and he expressed being worried about propriety etc...with his brothers girlfriend and keeping everything in check. How she came and got him at the airport, how they talked and everything.

also he never planned out his trip to the mansion with his brother , he arranged everything with Rebecca and he thought she wanted him to come out.he also mentions that there was some talk that something might have happened to Adam prior to his fall like a heart condition or something else..

okay so this is where I am now..
I think there is some prior something or other with Rebecca..I think there is way more to this. She may have even confessed something however small to him...it definitely didn't sound like he really went there for Jonah... mOO

mOO

Last edited:
okay so I am doing the podcasts and just listened to the polygraph episode. Adam had stayed in that guesthouse before, but had also stayed in the house...in the guest room where Rebecca was hung from the bed out the balcony.

the things he says in the pre poly interview are very sexually tinged. he talks about being "dispatched " to the guest house which is funny because that's the word I used when I was searching for things that could have pissed him off.
turns out...thats exactly how he felt for a moment and he expressed being worried about propriety etc...with his brothers girlfriend and keeping everything in check. How she came and got him at the airport, how they talked and everything.

also he never planned out. his trip to the mansion with his brother , he arranged everything with Rebecca and he thought she wanted him to come out.he also mentions that there was some talk that something might have happened to Adam prior to his fall like a heart condition or something else..

okay so this is where I am now..
I think there is some prior something or other with Rebecca..I think there is way more to this. She may have even confessed something however small to him...it definitely didn't sound like he really went there for Jonah... mOO

mOO

Or maybe it was all in his imagination? That seems more likely. If she rejected his advances, perhaps he became engraged. Still, his reaction was so out of line, psychotic even.

Or maybe it was all in his imagination? That seems more likely. If she rejected his advances, perhaps he became engraged. Still, his reaction was so out of line, psychotic even.
this is what I am saying..something is not right...I need to listen to it again..maybe he has a thing for her or something has occurred between them before and it's a secret, or yes maybe he thinks wow this chick wants me to come out, she wants to pick me up , she's lonely, she's all alone...or maybe he got her to open up to him talking on the phone and everything..maybe Dina put him up to the whole mess. Can I even say that? mOO

I am wondering if anything about that night is true. How do we know he was immediately dispatched to the GH? Honestly
I don't believe this story. I don't believe the morning story either.I don't believe his *advertiser censored* viewing was before he found her. And isn't he supposed to be worried about his nephew? Did he confront Rebecca? Did he accuse her of doing something to him? was this entire evening an evening of torture and hell for this poor woman? Did Jonah even know he was there?

omigod , the cops didn't even track their phones. mOO

I am wondering if anything about that night is true. How do we know he was immediately dispatched to the GH? Honestly
I don't believe this story. I don't believe the morning story either.I don't believe his *advertiser censored* viewing was before he found her. And isn't he supposed to be worried about his nephew? Did he confront Rebecca? Did he accuse her of doing something to him? was this entire evening an evening of torture and hell for this poor woman? Did Jonah even know he was there?

omigod , the cops didn't even track their phones. mOO

No, the cops only looked up Rebecca's phone records. They claimed they tried to retrieve Jonah's voice mail message, but yada, yada, we've heard that excuse. They took Jonah's word for the contents of his VM message.

Remember, Jonah was believed to also be concerned because his pharma company Medicis was in the midst of a $2.6 billion merger with another pharma company, Valeant. He wanted to downplay the tragedy and scandal as much as possible.

Last edited:
did Dina ever take a poly?

after all these years this case is just getting stranger ...is it ok to ask about Dina? I can't remember...
ugh...mOO

No, only Adam. JMO, they gave him the poly so they could claim he passed it and then have an excuse to not arrest him. That's how it worked out.
BTW, here's a link to an old article that mentioned Jonah's PR control of news about the deaths. It also mentions that RZ said she suspected Max may have been "planking" and accidentally fell off the banister upstairs.

Old threads

OCT. 30, 2023 5:23 PM PT

More than a month after being nominated by Mayor Todd Gloria to serve on the San Diego Ethics Commission, former Sheriff Bill Gore has withdrawn his nomination in the face of overwhelming opposition.

Gloria’s staff announced the withdrawal in a memo released late Monday — hours before the city council was scheduled to formally consider the recommendation.

[..]

Criticism of the Gloria nomination began as quickly as the San Diego mayor introduced his selection.

“The sheriff’s department under his leadership was badly mismanaged,” said Darwin Fishman, a cofounder of the Racial Justice Coalition of San Diego and former member of the city’s community review board on police practices.

Gore “should not be rewarded for this abysmal record with an appointment to the ethics commission,” Fishman said. “We should set a higher bar for this commission and respect the work that is being done by this commission.”

OCT. 30, 2023 5:23 PM PT

More than a month after being nominated by Mayor Todd Gloria to serve on the San Diego Ethics Commission, former Sheriff Bill Gore has withdrawn his nomination in the face of overwhelming opposition.

Gloria’s staff announced the withdrawal in a memo released late Monday — hours before the city council was scheduled to formally consider the recommendation.

[..]

Criticism of the Gloria nomination began as quickly as the San Diego mayor introduced his selection.

“The sheriff’s department under his leadership was badly mismanaged,” said Darwin Fishman, a cofounder of the Racial Justice Coalition of San Diego and former member of the city’s community review board on police practices.

Gore “should not be rewarded for this abysmal record with an appointment to the ethics commission,” Fishman said. “We should set a higher bar for this commission and respect the work that is being done by this commission.”
It’s shocking the mayor would even consider him for that job.

I think of a time one of my cousins had a total personality change the minute family members left the house and he was alone with me...he terrified me and chased me and tore at my clothes to the point I locked myself in a bedroom and pushed a huge dresser in front of the door...until my family returned. I even had the window wide open in case I had to jump. no joke.

someone can literally turn on you and they can be harboring another person underneath an innocent exterior.

so it really makes me think she was murdered because I can picture this situation where she is alone in that house with
an out of control individual.

on the other hand,

I know someone who hung themselves, ( not naked) but with an elaborate scene and staging almost like an art installation. So I don't discount that she may have gone completely mad and did this to herself .

on the other hand.

I know how two rotten individuals can get together and decide to kill someone who is a threat to their financial well being, by either knowing something or being in a position to rearrange the hierarchy.

or

how two individuals can be filled with hate and blame someone for something without really knowing the truth.

mOO

ok, sorry to be going on and on but I have been looking around on Reddit and it's not just me or websleuths..this case is a
hot topic all over the place. here's my thing..

there feels like a disconnect somewhere in the chain of events...my disconnect is the staging.

the staging seems so weird if he murdered her because it would be so much easier to just make a note and maybe hang her in the closet or something, or make her just disappear or shoot her and stage it as self inflicted...BUT NO!

Japanese rope binding.

sex play. autoerotic asphyxiation. elaborate bindings...where was he going with this..?

actually this looks like he strung her up and had sex with her outside on that table and the table broke.
please tell me why he needed two showers? was he turned on by the sight of Rebecca? did he actually know hours earlier than he says? What I'm getting at is this looks sexual...you would think he would want to cover that up because it points to him..I think part of this kind of bondage is done with a partner who does the binding.

I can't rule out some kind of possible prior relationship with them on the down low. For Jonah to say she knew the nautical ropes were in the garage so this shows she did it...well where else would they be? Any idiot would look in the garage for a rope.

I'm also having a problem because if Adam did this...wouldn't he want to do something less outrageous?

and why are her feet so muddy? was there water used to clean her off..? it looks like she was dragged around..

did the polygrapher ask if he had had any kind of sexual relationship prior to Max's accident? Was he able to trick her into the bindings? Did Jonah and Rebecca practice Japanese rope binding in their intimate life?

Im just not done with this case. mOO

I think of a time one of my cousins had a total personality change the minute family members left the house and he was alone with me...he terrified me and chased me and tore at my clothes to the point I locked myself in a bedroom and pushed a huge dresser in front of the door...until my family returned. I even had the window wide open in case I had to jump. no joke.

someone can literally turn on you and they can be harboring another person underneath an innocent exterior.

so it really makes me think she was murdered because I can picture this situation where she is alone in that house with
an out of control individual.

on the other hand,

I know someone who hung themselves, ( not naked) but with an elaborate scene and staging almost like an art installation. So I don't discount that she may have gone completely mad and did this to herself .

on the other hand.

I know how two rotten individuals can get together and decide to kill someone who is a threat to their financial well being, by either knowing something or being in a position to rearrange the hierarchy.

or

how two individuals can be filled with hate and blame someone for something without really knowing the truth.

mOO

Sorry you had to go through that. It can be terrifying when you're alone and someone is trying to sexually assault you. JMO, there's enough evidence of SA to point to Adam as the killer, not to mention RZ's defensive wounds. The elaborate knots that the average person wouldn't know how to tie are also significant evidence. There's also a problem with the knots on RZ's wrists being tied by someone who stood in front of her. The gloves with "mixed" DNA, etc.

I've involved a very skeptical friend. 3 things feel key.

the note on the door is not characteristic of the victim in anyway, meaning syntax, not the kind of message Rebecca would write, the handwriting, the location of the writing so high up. everything about the message and it being in the 3rd party.

She is naked . just not plausible.

her feet are bound. ( not only this but the knots tied are not related to any kind of Shabari (sic) knots in Asian bondage practice.) why would she bind her feet for her suicide when she has to get over a railing?

he is leaning to the side of murder based on these elements.

after listening to the new podcasts etc. I am surprised to learn about Adam actually staying in that room on his previous visit a year prior. It's too bad they didn't process everything as a crime scene.

apparently there are other footprints on that balcony, there are glove impressions on her body. Also the condition of
Rebecca in general...she looks filthy, post mortem like she was literally dragged around the yard...supposedly she just came out of the shower so why is she is such poor condition, her nails, hair ? this is perplexing to me.

the simple answer is she was murdered...when Jonah came into Maxie's hospital room after he was told Rebecca was dead..
he said it was Asian honor and made a hari kari gesture like falling on a sword. So in my mind there is some kind of conspiracy here. What a cold, insulting and heartless thing to say about your girlfriend who is horribly dead at your house and you have just been notified.

several people who were in that room took note of his reaction.

mOO

apparently there are other footprints on that balcony, there are glove impressions on her body. Also the condition of Rebecca in general...she looks filthy, post mortem like she was literally dragged around the yard...supposedly she just came out of the shower so why is she is such poor condition, her nails, hair ? this is perplexing to me.
^^rsbm

Boot print on the balcony previously explained as belonging to LE. Please see earlier thread links.

^^rsbm

Boot print on the balcony previously explained as belonging to LE. Please see earlier thread links.

it is my understanding there were shadow prints over and just behind her prints as though someone was behind Rebecca. This was revealed in the Oxygen investigative piece. mOO

No, of course not. There are some cases where family members have been waiting a decade for the FBI to analyze DNA crime scene evidence.

It will be very helpful, though, if the family can get the new sheriff to request help from the FBI.

It's also a fact of life in the US that very wealthy, powerful people can exert a lot of influence over LE. It's very rare for a rich person to go to jail in the US.
it's very rare for a rich person to go to jail anywhere.

this is what I am saying..something is not right...I need to listen to it again..maybe he has a thing for her or something has occurred between them before and it's a secret, or yes maybe he thinks wow this chick wants me to come out, she wants to pick me up , she's lonely, she's all alone...or maybe he got her to open up to him talking on the phone and everything..maybe Dina put him up to the whole mess. Can I even say that? mOO
I believe any attraction she had to him was all in his own mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back