NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

Has he been asked about the possibility of sending her to Othram or one of the other companies?
If you go back a few pages in this thread, you'll see that a Irondequoit Town Board meeting in March 2022 greenlit funds for genealogy testing for IJD, and she would be most likely be worked on by NCMEC and Parabon Nanolabs.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, you'll see that a Irondequoit Town Board meeting in March 2022 greenlit funds for genealogy testing for IJD, and she would be most likely be worked on by NCMEC and Parabon Nanolabs.
I don't believe Parabon have commented on this case yet, but I've seen GG companies not disclose their involvement in cases before.

I don't believe Parabon have commented on this case yet
PN rarely do, but I believe the "partnership" was foremost with NCMEC, who often works with PN, but when they identified Mindy Clevidence (formerly known as Highland Park Jane Doe) recently, they were working with Intermountain Forensics and Innovative Forensics.

Got to keep in mind that whoever is working on IJD might not be allowed to disclose whether or not they are working on her, too.

Oh cool. That's good!
IKR?? Fingers crossed! :D

Somewhere upthread it's also mentioned that because the remains were very old and in bad shape, just getting usable DNA will likely take a few extra steps, which means more time. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late 2024 at the earliest.

I can;t find any trace of Joyce Ann Fisher on Find-a-grave, for what that's worth.
Edit: Also no further mention in the nys historical newspapers

2nd edit: Newark, NY and Irondequoit, NY are only 35-40 miles apart
This sounds like a really good find wow!!

Joyce is alive (as far as I can tell) and married. I have no idea what happened following her disappearance but she did appear to have eventually made it back to to upstate NY.
Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 12.23.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-04 at 12.22.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-04 at 12.21.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-04 at 12.21.21 AM.png

Ah, well that does seem to fit. Seems like she is no longer missing. Thank you.

Back to the drawing board, or rather, the NYS newspaper archives. And I guess I'll have to send another email to that Medical Examiner.

New possibilities

Virginia Hicks, 17, lived with foster parents in Roosevelt, Levittown. disappeared September 26, 1950. Attended Hempstead High School

Mary Elizabeth Bierman, 13, daughter of Walter Bierman, disappeared, possibly with a neighbor boy, May 12, 1963, Wellsville New York (~100 miles from Irondequoit)

Lilli Passalacqua, 18, daughter of Anthony Passalacqua, missing from Auburn NY (~70 miles from Irondequoit), February 4, 1954

Adele Ida Walter, 17, daughter of Harold J. Walter vanished from her home over "family troubles", Huntington, Suffolk County, NY July 24, 1952

Last edited:
New possibilities

Virginia Hicks, 17, lived with foster parents in Roosevelt, Levittown. disappeared September 26, 1950. Attended Hempstead High School

Mary Elizabeth Bierman, 13, daughter of Walter Bierman, disappeared, possibly with a neighbor boy, May 12, 1963, Wellsville New York (~100 miles from Irondequoit)

Lilli Passalacqua, 18, daughter of Anthony Passalacqua, missing from Auburn NY (~70 miles from Irondequoit), February 4, 1954

Adele Ida Walter, 17, daughter of Harold J. Walter vanished from her home over "family troubles", Huntington, Suffolk County, NY July 24, 1952

1. I can't find anything on Virginia, unfortunately. This is the one the worries me.
2. Mary was found days after her disappearance.
3. Lillie lived in Waterloo until her death in 1992. There's records placing this Lillie in the missing Lilli's parent's home, leaving no doubt on whether this is the missing Lilli.
4. After a large search, Adele returned home with a family friend.

Thank you Sims! You are awesome.

Ok I tried to search out all the Virginia Hicks but it's such a common name. She would have been 17 in 1950 which places her date of birth somewhere near 1933.

Edit: rereading the article, it's possible that she is not one of the run-aways living with foster parents.

I found some references to a woman with that name and location, but there's not enough information in the old article for me to be sure it's the same as the girl who ran away.

p.s. I think she's not one of the foster kids, but it's ambiguous. And no names anyway :p

p.p.s. Two teenagers, one male and one female, from the same high school disappearing at the same time, makes me wonder if they left together.

So Virginia Hicks is still questionable.

new list (and so many more to go)
1. Catherine Shattuck, 15, missing for three days at time of report, December 6, 1952

2. Hattie Mason, 14, grandaughter of Walter Mason from Ogdensburg, 20 July 1960.

3. Beverly Jane Korn, 13, mother Mrs. Alice Korn, January 4, 1951

4. Eileen Farraday, 15, daughter of John Farraday, ran off with a boy Robert Humeston, September 25, 1952, still missing a month later,

5. Sandra Legg, 15, daughter of John Legg of Stafford, NY, ran out of a movie house about 50 miles away from Irondequoit

6. Helga Kaserer, 13, father John Kaserer, missing from Toronto, last seen in Ogdensburg

Edit to say: I am one-fifth of the way through the archives. I will not lose hope.

Last edited:
So Virginia Hicks is still questionable.

new list (and so many more to go)
1. Catherine Shattuck, 15, missing for three days at time of report, December 6, 1952

2. Hattie Mason, 14, grandaughter of Walter Mason from Ogdensburg, 20 July 1960.

3. Beverly Jane Korn, 13, mother Mrs. Alice Korn, January 4, 1951

4. Eileen Farraday, 15, daughter of John Farraday, ran off with a boy Robert Humeston, September 25, 1952, still missing a month later,

5. Sandra Legg, 15, daughter of John Legg of Stafford, NY, ran out of a movie house about 50 miles away from Irondequoit

6. Helga Kaserer, 13, father John Kaserer, missing from Toronto, last seen in Ogdensburg

Edit to say: I am one-fifth of the way through the archives. I will not lose hope.
1. I found her in the 1950 census, but nothing after 1952.
2. I found some possible records, but nothing concrete.
3. Beverly married to someone with the surname Thomas, and died in 2016.
4. In 1953, Eileen and Robert contacted their parents, saying they settled upstate. Their parents visited them, and they were doing fine.
5. Sandra was found by State Police soon after her disappearance.
6. Helga is confirmed to still be missing, and has a thread here.

I'd say submit a tip about Helga. She's still missing, and is a possibility.

Ok, I'll submit for Helga. It could be a match, who knows?

Edit: Helga went missing from only fifty miles away !!

2nd edit: I submitted it to Doe Network, and hopefully there will be some inter-country cooperation and something can be compared.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitriawastuti
Back