Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

Snipped from link above-

Additionally, the Kingsbury lawyers are looking to continue their discovery into the custody case, including a deposition of the Fravel family and Adam.

The judge did approve the request, excluding Adam’s deposition.

JMO, there is more to be discovered about the Fravel family, that takes time ...
Madeline's Father who has custody of the kids, is willing to forego quick decisions to ultimately gain a win (so to speak),
All just MOO.
Of course I don't know all the details, but from this distance seems that the decision should already be a LOCK in favor of her parents....

Agree!! But the Fravel's request is for court ordered vistitation. My point being - given their history of covering for their son and disparaging the Kingsbury family (spelled out early on in this thread). Visitation could be harmful to the children.

Snipped from link above-

Additionally, the Kingsbury lawyers are looking to continue their discovery into the custody case, including a deposition of the Fravel family and Adam.

The judge did approve the request, excluding Adam’s deposition.

JMO, there is more to be discovered about the Fravel family, that takes time ...
Madeline's Father who has custody of the kids, is willing to forego quick decisions to ultimately gain a win (so to speak),
All just MOO.
Looks like the Fravel's withdrew their motion for visitation and the Kingsbury's withdrew their motion for deposition.

Good, that makes me happy!

Attachments

• MCRO_85-FA-23-900_Order-Other_2023-11-03_20231111164251.pdf
    339.9 KB · Views: 8

‘Finding Madeline’ reporter discusses series​

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) –Before Madeline Kingsbury was a household name in southeast Minnesota, she was a mother of two and an employee at Mayo Clinic. Her disappearance and later grim discovery are the subject of a 3-part series profiling Madeline Kingsbury, Adam Fravel, their relationship and the investigation.

Kingsbury Case​

KINGSBURY
Finding Madeline

Finding Madeline: Episode Three

Updated: Nov. 16, 2023 at 4:53 PM PST
|
By Olivia Prondzinski
Madeline Kingsbury's loved ones are now dealing with the grim discovery. Her alleged killer Adam Fravel finds himself behind bars.

KINGSBURY
Finding Madeline

Finding Madeline: Episode Two

|
By Olivia Prondzinski
Hundreds search for the missing Madeline Kingsbury. Meanwhile, ex-boyfriend Adam Fravel remains silent.

KINGSBURY
Finding Madeline: Episode One

Finding Madeline: Episode One

|
By Olivia Prondzinski
Those closest to Madeline Kingsbury and her accused killer Adam Fravel recount their lives.

I’ve listened to all three parts, nothing new but I have a better sense of who Maddie was. I loved the stories of her when she was young. Always so determined, even then.

I guess KTTC was trying to provide all parties a voice by including Adams sister. But IMO, she did not tell a believable account and is still throwing out innuendos (look at boyfriend). In short- there is something wrong with the apples from this tree.

1702005169725.png
Madeline Kingsbury's family members, from left, David Kingsbury, Cathy Kingsbury, Megan Kingsbury and Krista Naber speak in October outside the Winona County Courthouse after Madeline's accused killer, Adam Fravel, appeared in court. Several of the family members are expected to be called as witnesses in the murder trial.
Rachel Mergen, River Valley Media Group file photo

A defense lawyer for the man accused of killing Madeline Kingsbury and hiding her body says he likely will seek to move the court proceedings out of Winona County.

An omnibus hearing for Adam Fravel, who faces two charges first-degree murder and two charges of second-degree murder, is set for Dec. 14 in Winona County Circuit Court.

In court documents filed ahead of that hearing, Fravel’s lawyer, Zachary Bauer, stated, “it seems inevitable that the defendant will need to seek a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial.”

Bauer pointed to the amount of media coverage the case has generated and specifically cited concern about the impact a KTTC-TV three-part series called “Finding Madeline” might have on the case. He claimed the series, which was broadcast last month, was “inevitably seen by a significant portion of a potential jury pool.”

Fravel’s omnibus hearing is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, in Court Room 1 with Judge Nancy Buytendorp presiding.

The hearing will be in a hybrid format, with spectators able to view the court hearing remotely via Zoom. The meeting ID for the Zoom will be 160 150 4231, with passcode 5279546.

DEC 8, 2023
[...]

Winona County Attorney Karin Sonneman said in a court document filed Thursday that no change of venue motion had been filed by the defendant's legal counsel.

"The court has in no way indicated its position should the defense file a change of venue motion," she stated.

The statements from Bauer and Sonneman come after KTTC-TV requested to use cameras in the courtroom during the upcoming omnibus hearing. Cameras in the courtroom are prohibited in Minnesota, except under certain circumstances in which all parties agree to allow them. The TV station's request was denied.

[...]

On Nov. 17, court documents were filed that revealed prosecutors plan to seek aggravated sentencing for Fravel because of "particular cruelty" toward Kingsbury, including the concealment of her body and the offense taking place inside her home where she had "an expectation of privacy."

Prosecutors also indicated they plan to introduce evidence of domestic violence or verbal or physical abuse by Fravel toward Kings-bury. ...

[...]

From the article:

"The search warrant went on to say that any cash Fravel acquired, he used towards installing a new home gym rather than contributing to bills or child care. This included federal COVID-19 relief payments. According to someone close to the couple, Fravel always seemed to have access to money but what was his was 'his', and what was Kingsbury's was 'theirs.'"

DEC 14, 2023
Adam Fravel, the man accused of killing Madeline Kingsbury appeared in court Thursday for his pre-trial Omnibus hearing.

[...]

During the hearing it was announced both the prosecution and defense are looking at a fall date for a criminal trial.

All pre-trial motions must be submitted by January 19. The defense obtained more than 1,800 pages of the grand jury transcript that indicted Fravel with the first-degree murder charges.

[...]

“Taking the time to do this right is very important. As much as we would like it to be over, believe me we would really like it to be over. We’re willing to go the distance for as long as it takes for justice for Madeline,” David Kingsbury explained.

As of Thursday afternoon, Fravel’s next court appearance will be March 19 and 20, and April 30 for contested Omnibus hearings.

DEC 14, 2023
The unsealed documents reveal since September 2021, all rent payments for Kingsbury and Fravel’s shared Winona townhome were paid solely by Kingsbury, and they were often making late payments, leading to a nonrenewal of their lease in September 2022.

Investigators say Fravel was financially dependent on Kingsbury, and without a steady relationship, he would lose that support. Kingsbury also had a $170,000 life insurance policy.

New documents shed light on possible motive behind Madeline Kingsbury murder

From the transcript:
1:22
and thus end her support of him they
1:26
also discovered Kingsbury had a 170,000
1:30
death benefit from her employer no
1:32
beneficiary was listed for it but it's
1:35
believed it would go to her children
1:37
which fravel* would have had access to

corrected spelling from "fril"

Last edited:
[ ...} Fravel’s next court appearance will be March 19 and 20, and April 30 for contested Omnibus hearings.

I wondered when the next hearing would be, hopefully the trial really will be held in the fall this year.

From the article:

"The search warrant went on to say that any cash Fravel acquired, he used towards installing a new home gym rather than contributing to bills or child care. This included federal COVID-19 relief payments. According to someone close to the couple, Fravel always seemed to have access to money but what was his was 'his', and what was Kingsbury's was 'theirs.'"
Well he has lots of time to access that prison gym now! The whole financial part of their relationship just screams financial abuse. I'm with Maddie's dad on the trial - take however long it needs to take to get a conviction - especially since Fravel is awaiting trial in jail. This case is so infuriating. I can see why he didn't want to separate - he'd lose his meal ticket - by why not just go home to his enabling family. Was it really worth it to kill her for the $170,000? Though in so many of these DV cases it is about losing control when the partner is moving out. I'm just so sad for her kids and family.

“Defense attorneys have filed several motions in the case. One asks for Fravel’s trial to be moved out of Winona County. The motion cites extensive media coverage of the case and the involvement of an “overwhelming number of residents of Winona County and other surrounding counties” in search efforts for Kingsbury.

Another motion asks to have the first-degree murder charge against Fravel dismissed. Defense lawyers say “sufficient admissible evidence” was not presented to the Grand Jury to justify a first-degree murder charge.

A third motion concerns the second-degree murder charge. Prosecutors have said they plan to seek an aggravated sentence against Fravel if he is convicted because Kingsbury and her family were treated with “particular cruelty” because they say Kingsbury was killed in her bedroom and her family spent months in anguish not knowing what happened to her. Defense lawyers say no evidence has been presented that Kingsbury was murdered in her bedroom and the mental trauma of third parties who were not present during the alleged offense is not a “proper basis” for an aggravated sentence under state law.“

Adam's attorney's can ask for a lot of things, doesn't mean they will get their wish. Go ahead and move the trial, that doesn't concern me. But this is a 1st Degree Murder Case if there ever was one, I don't see that changing. At least I hope not!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back