MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fentanyl Testing Strips instrux*
I'm curious what ppl who thought about trying FTS or who have used these strips have to say.
Anyone actually using these in the context of a party or other social gathering?
Is this something a small time friends & family dealer might do?
Or only ppl in the distribution/supply chain btwn illegal manuf's & end users would do?

Please note: For most drugs, you need ½ teaspoon of water. If you are testing methamphetamines, use1 full teaspoon.
Step 3: Place the wavy end of the test strip down in the water and let it absorb for about 15 seconds.
Step 4: Take the strip out of the water and place it on a flat surface for 2 to 5 minutes."

But they didn't play there, that day. They played in California. But I do now understand "Arrowhead Time" as the way of informing the home team.

I get it now. Here on WS, we get different timestamps - local time for Kansas City is best, IMO. It started around 3:25 Arrowhead Time.

It was over at 6:35 pm or thereabouts, Arrowhead Time. And everything I read says that the three friends came over after the game was over. The three friends showed up after that ( we don't know exactly when) but "after the game."

IMO
I really do believe they were at a local sports bar nearby and JW invited them over to celebrate.

This entire case smacks of being local. They all attended the same high school, still lived and worked in the area and now three are dead because of toxic drugs. I think their dealer is local and went to the same high school.

I believe there will be an arrest after the "death investigation" concludes.

JMO

If you find someone with a straight glass stem and they are laying there dead you might assume there was no criminal involvement. That would be my guess.

your guess to what? you didn't quote what you were replying to
what is a straight glass stem and who had it?

Sorry but, you imagined dealers in the past didn't want to get their customers addicted? I think it's in the job description.
Just to clear this up…..
You do realize I was only referring to the deadliest drug ever, Fentanyl.
Not to anything in the past .

The past has nothing to do with Fentanyl, at least to my knowledge .

Last edited:
I understand the profit angle but why not still use things like corn starch which presumably is less expensive than fentanyl
The end dealers may cut with the corn starch type stuff, but they're most likely getting the coke with the fentanyl already laced in by the cartels. This is all MOO and thoughts.

Now that most US States have legalized marijuana and buyers can just buy it easy peasy in a dispensary in most states, the cartels are concentrating more heavily on other drugs. They want to ensure their market by supplying more addictive substances.

These three men were educated and must've known the dangers, but they still went ahead and partook it appears. Recreational drugs are popular, but the trouble is the times have really changed. MOO, it's possible Americans are driving their own fentanyl crisis by wanting that cheap, powerful impactful high, and eventually it gets addicting. That is what the cartels are betting on.

"Fentanyl is a leading cause of drug overdoses in the United States. The U.S. has said that China is the primary source of the precursor chemicals synthesized into fentanyl by drug cartels in Mexico. China denies this."

BBM/UBM
  • But the cartel is shifting its focus to a new, more potent drug to keep up with changing US appetites.
  • At a lab in Sinaloa's heartland, cartel members told Insider how they're working to keep US drug users hooked.

Last edited:
These three men were educated and must've known the dangers, but they still went ahead and partook it appears.
You make a good point here. One of these men particularly would have known the dangers better than the other two. The one with the pharmacy technician education/training. The course he took to pass his test must have included those topics imo.

When you smoked the coke, did you sprinkle it atop a joint? Just curious. I know you can inject it as well. I believe most simply snort it, the way they do heroin (which can also be smoked and injected). Thank you for your insight as to probably use by the deceased at this party and house, and for your sincere candor. Much appreciated. .
Moo...we would remove some tobacco from the end of a cigarette, pour in a bit of coke, tap cigarette so the coke travels down into tobacco just a bit, twist paper end, lite. As a waitress in a tourist town the tips were often drugs. It was very educational. ...moo

All of it is interesting and has been a real eyeopener! But is a novice grower as intelligent as you are? Fentanyl seems to be pouring across the border and killing way too many of us!

JMO

Yes. Exactly. It is made in one country, transported to another and pouring across the border.

So something needs to be done.

THC mixed with cocaine is uncommon but it happens. I have smoked honey oil on the end of a pin and rolled in coke called them snowballs. And coco puffs weed or hash, spliff or joint coke sprinkled on top before rolling. Forgot about that it was a different time and life.

"in order to profit more from the amount of marijuana sold, when it is sold by the weight"

Marijuana is heavier than a powdery substance like fentanyl. That's why it is weighed in pounds. It would take a lot more fentanyl to equal the volume vs the weight of marijuana.

Absolutely. When we legalized marijuana, what I expected, happened. Our people are lazy. One could buy tobacco and roll own cigarettes, but this doesn't happen. People stop by at 7/11 and buy "Marlborough". And they don't buy in huge amounts, either.
So when marijuana got legalized, most people migrated to pot stores. It was more expensive plus tax, but, adults buy marijuana in stores that care about their license.

So what happened to all black market pot dealers? Well, they switched over to schoolkids and, also, they started cultivating clientelle that felt that their pot was of a better quality than in dispensaries. How can you convince someone that your MJ is of better quality if they all are, tbh, comparable? Well, probably by adding something that will amplify the high. So that the next day he'd call you, and in a week, he'd have withdrawals off your weed and understand what's going on, but it would be too late.

Only the real trouble is, no one, not probably the head of cartel in your state, can control what kind of fentanyl he's going to receive. (((

Three guys stepped out back to smoke some crack. It was contaminated with Fentanyl the effects hit them in seconds. Crack is Cocaine. It is just cooked with baking soda. No one sprinkled it on a joint or taped it into the end of a cigarette. sheesh

All MOO here-- There's no telling unless you can provide a link. I don't think you can say for sure they smoked crack or how they partook in their cocaine. It may have been a purer form laced with fentanyl. They may have snorted the cocaine for a better impact than smoking it, and done it inside. They could've gone out back to smoke a cig. What way they partook of the coke I think the autopsy will determine. I don't know which delivery system would be more fast acting deadly, I'd guess snorting it. That's only a guess though.

You don't get a better impact from snorting smoking hits within seconds.

Exactly. Goes directly into the lungs, with all of that space, then, straight to the brain.

No one can make sense of what people who are doing drugs do, when they did it, why they did it, whatever else. There is no making sense of things that are nonsensical. Nothing nefarious. Nothing to see here, bad batch. They all took the same bad stuff.

The real question is where did they get it from?! And who else is taking it...may as well keep Narcan right next to EAD kits.

Fentanyl Testing Strips instrux*...
I don't know about the testing strips, @al66pine, but from what I read you can't count on them to give correct results. Is that true?
You don't get a better impact from snorting smoking hits within seconds.
You're right, @GC Light. I looked it up.

According to many sites-- Smoking the drug affects the brain more quickly than snorting. When cocaine is smoked, it goes directly into the lungs to be oxygenated rather than having to travel through the blood vessels to the heart first. Oxygenated blood can then go directly from the lungs to the heart and brain.

This is interesting about rehab treatments outcomes between the two-- the smokers vs snorters, with the snorters staying in abstinence longer.
The majority (80%) reported smoking as their primary route of cocaine administration. Overall, results indicated better cocaine use outcomes both during the treatment phase and through a 12-month follow-up period for intranasal users compared to smokers, although not all differences reached statistical significance.
Intranasal users remained in treatment longer, F(1, 408) = 3.55, p < .05, and showed a trend toward achieving longer periods of sustained abstinence within treatment,

Last edited:
Bbm.
At this time, I think it's important for LE to try to piece together the timeline of the deaths, for the relatives' sakes.
They aren't going to let go of this just yet ... imo.
Not sure if they're thinking about a civil lawsuit ?
I'd imagine by now they aren't thinking foul play, but who brought the deadly drugs if it wasn't one of the three deceased ?
Omo.

Ironically, maybe all of them.
If it was a drug party, they probably brought their own, the guest had his, and they might have even ordered some extra delivered. "Who" was the source of laced coke? Essentially, some dealer they bought it from. MOO - It would be interesting to see if indeed there were more ODs that night in Kansas City. Usually bad batches are linked to clusters of ODs within the same night. JMO.
I strongly suspect that all men had the history of prior SA but considered clean by their relatives and loved ones, they might have promised to return home on time. Sort of a curfew because their families could have been watching them. So they might have left the bar earlier to stop by at JW's, have a dose and still get back home in time. To me, it sounds plausible.

Again, very sorry for the relatives. Addiction, yes, but seems that the victims were known in the community, had supportive families and were likable. Mostly, they did have the chance of eventually kicking the habit. Now there is none.

Many years ago I was an oral surgery assistant. We put kids to sleep daily with a concoction of versed, propofol and fentanyl. This was back from 2002-2008. Fentanyl wasn’t available on the streets like it is now. It’s actually a safe drug when used properly. It’s the synthetic crap that’s being made that’s killing people. :(
Good information, helps to understand how quickly the overdose would have happened.

Also, on the subject of Narcan, I noticed at our grocery store's pharmacy that Narcan is now on the shelves for purchase with other over-the-counter items. For families with relatives who are known to use drugs that aren't purchased at dispensaries, sounds like it would be a good idea to stock up on Narcan.

Even the ones that don't. Just carry it in your car because in downtown, people can OD on the street. I believe all workplaces should have it, too. What I am going to type now might sound strange but - let us not assume that our kids will always say "no" if we give them "honest talks" about drugs. Better buy them narcan before sending off to college, and say, "always take it with you if you plan to attend drug parties".

It is like with birth control pills - if you are putting your teenage daughter on them, you are not condoning her to have sex, you are preventing the pregnancy.

Moo ..it is a big jump to label them addicts. Many people are occasional recreational users. Moo

Happy to change, but it doesn't really matter in the long run. What matters is that they are gone, and it was supposed to be a fun night. I honestly hope that maybe this case will be some catalyst for a normal root-cause analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2