MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding what would be seen from which window, I go back to the floor plan I drew up.

The only large, floor-to-ceiling windows with a clear view of the patio, are the patio doors in the dining room and the two large windows in what I've called the entertainment room.

I believe Ricky and Clayton were somewhere in the vicinity of the "X3". They were on the ground and at least partially hidden by snow. David was seated but it's unclear exactly where the chair was. If it was closer to the "X1" he may have been just about visible from the kitchen window. If it was closer to the "X2" he could easily be hidden from view by someone in the kitchen.

If JW spent most of the time sleeping on the couch or upstairs in his bed, and only came down to go in the kitchen, he might have only gone in the rooms marked in green:

Untitled-1.jpg

I believe the illegal drug business is constantly changing in any particular location because of law enforcement crackdowns, new players trying to bring in different kinds of product, gang rivalries at all levels, changing user preferences, etc.

So, just as an example, a newcomer to the business might find a source for cheaper, lower quality cocaine, and then, by mixing it with fenty they can produce twice as many batches, so offer it at a lower price. Meanwhile, because of a DEA raid, or cartel violence, the better quality cocaine is in short supply, and the cheaper stuff is snapped up. That dealer is careful, for a while, and makes so much money, he doesn't care if one batch goes wrong, he's working on the next batch....

There's nobody running quality control, there's no information sharing between producers, there's no one thinking ahead about the long term. It's all, get as much money as you can today, because who knows what'll happen tomorrow.

Why anyone would trust these people about stuff they put in their bodies is beyond me - but they do...

JMO
I don't think people involved in selling illegal drugs think long term. They do not care about the people who buy it because there will always be more people who buy it. There are people who don't die, but just quit drugs. They are not too worried about that, imo. Even if those people truly stay off drugs, they can sell to someone else.

I think their long term planning, if any, is more in the line of what to do when arrested. Maybe when to skip town, things like that. They are worried about themselves more.

I can't believe I'm going to share this but I am. Hope it helps. About 15 years ago, I had a fractured back in 2 places. I was prescribed Percocet at first and over time required stronger and stronger meds to deal with the pain. I ended up on fentanyl patches. Now fentanyl patches are made from pharmaceutical grade fentanyl and the amount of the drug is consistent with its strength on the label, not this stuff we are talking about here. I figured out how to abuse them. I felt no pain and felt pretty productive. My tolerance grew over time. I could abuse to the point that I would lean over in my chair and nod off and have no recollection of it. I got to this point at about 5 years of opiates. Fentanyl is 100x stronger than morphine. I took it daily, never truly od'd and ran a business like that. Nobody knew. If someone that did not have a tolerance to opiates took it, well I can only imagine that they would be completely unaware of anything. I do remember that while I was feeling high from the fentanyl, I was warm. So much so that working outside in the middle of winter in the northeast, I was never chilly. I was maybe even sweaty. I have also done cocaine. It has the opposite effect as far as being awake and aware but you also get quite toasty. I really think these guys did their bumps or lines of coke and went outside either to smoke (possibly a joint) or to cool off. Opiate naive, they began to nod off or possibly begin to enter the beginning stages of an overdose. I would be interested to know if vomit was found near them or possibly in their mouth or esophagus. JW either could have had the same reaction to the drugs and happened to be inside or JW had been ingesting fentanyl thru his drug of choice for a long period of time that he was much more opiate tolerant. He may have not even taken into consideration how opiate naive his friends were or this batch was stronger than it had been. One grain of fentanyl in this batch could have been three times as potent as yesterdays. Anyone who has done coke knows that you can drink like a fish while you are doing it. In fact, lots of people will drink a ton in order to try to come down from the speedy heart racing feeling. Might be why JW had wine 2 days later. Coke binge!

Just wanted to add that I'm sober over 10 years now. Opiate addiction is awful.

BBM. So very true, pure greed is what motivates the drug cartels bringing in this poison.

JMO
Often that motivates local dealers , those purely in it for $ do not indulge in it, because that is unwise imo ime. It's different with pot imo, some would sell enough to cover their personal use ime, but now many can grow it. With laced coke it has always seemed so dumb to me, lace it with fentanyl, your "customer" dies and there goes your $ for their repeat business. Plus people talk.

Regarding what would be seen from which window, I go back to the floor plan I drew up.

The only large, floor-to-ceiling windows with a clear view of the patio, are the patio doors in the dining room and the two large windows in what I've called the entertainment room.

I believe Ricky and Clayton were somewhere in the vicinity of the "X3". They were on the ground and at least partially hidden by snow. David was seated but it's unclear exactly where the chair was. If it was closer to the "X1" he may have been just about visible from the kitchen window. If it was closer to the "X2" he could easily be hidden from view by someone in the kitchen.

If JW spent most of the time sleeping on the couch or upstairs in his bed, and only came down to go in the kitchen, he might have only gone in the rooms marked in green:

View attachment 480550
My exact thoughts! Great job drawing the layout out!

Not sure if this has been posted:

“Willis has a PhD from Vanderbilt University. As an HIV vaccine researcher, he worked both at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative’s Neutralizing Antibody Center in La Jolla, California, and from his native Kansas City.

His academic resume includes 55 published papers — five times the academic output of ex-Harvard president Claudine Gay — and an award from the Scripps Consortium for HIV/AIDS for his contribution to the development of an HIV vaccine”

I have been a long time lurker on websleuths and joined recently so I could click on a photo to view it, but this is my first post.

This is such a sad case and while most people suspected what the cause would be, it’s still awful. I’m just posting to share an article as it has made it several times into mainstream media here in Australia and I thought this article was quite a good summary (I assume it is an ok source as it is one of our main news broadcasters).

The interesting take aways for me were:
- the house belonged to JW’s parents (mentioned previously above)
- JW reportedly was know to be a supplier/user of drugs well back into high school (the article refers to him as being known as “the chemist”)
- JW had an incredibly high academic publication output. I don’t know a lot about the effects of various drugs but are any of these drugs stimulant like and could they actually be used to enhance performance/enable you to work without sleep etc- I’m specifically wondering about cocaine? (obviously an extremely dangerous and dreadful idea but I wonder if it might explain why a seemingly high achieving academic continued with risky drug use).

Article here https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/a8b6daaedefaa205aed438bfe38c31e9

I can't believe I'm going to share this but I am. Hope it helps. About 15 years ago, I had a fractured back in 2 places. I was prescribed Percocet at first and over time required stronger and stronger meds to deal with the pain. I ended up on fentanyl patches. Now fentanyl patches are made from pharmaceutical grade fentanyl and the amount of the drug is consistent with its strength on the label, not this stuff we are talking about here. I figured out how to abuse them. I felt no pain and felt pretty productive. My tolerance grew over time. I could abuse to the point that I would lean over in my chair and nod off and have no recollection of it. I got to this point at about 5 years of opiates. Fentanyl is 100x stronger than morphine. I took it daily, never truly od'd and ran a business like that. Nobody knew. If someone that did not have a tolerance to opiates took it, well I can only imagine that they would be completely unaware of anything. I do remember that while I was feeling high from the fentanyl, I was warm. So much so that working outside in the middle of winter in the northeast, I was never chilly. I was maybe even sweaty. I have also done cocaine. It has the opposite effect as far as being awake and aware but you also get quite toasty. I really think these guys did their bumps or lines of coke and went outside either to smoke (possibly a joint) or to cool off. Opiate naive, they began to nod off or possibly begin to enter the beginning stages of an overdose. I would be interested to know if vomit was found near them or possibly in their mouth or esophagus. JW either could have had the same reaction to the drugs and happened to be inside or JW had been ingesting fentanyl thru his drug of choice for a long period of time that he was much more opiate tolerant. He may have not even taken into consideration how opiate naive his friends were or this batch was stronger than it had been. One grain of fentanyl in this batch could have been three times as potent as yesterdays. Anyone who has done coke knows that you can drink like a fish while you are doing it. In fact, lots of people will drink a ton in order to try to come down from the speedy heart racing feeling. Might be why JW had wine 2 days later. Coke binge!

Wow! What a powerful and eye opening story. Thank you for sharing!

It makes me wonder how high someone's tolerance can go before ODing. You hear stories where people take 60+ pills a day of xyz.

Maybe it is possible that JW had a tolerance to fentanyl, enough that it didn't kill him.

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience and WEALTH of first hand knowledge. I'm very happy for you and thankful for you and your good life for the past ten years and ongoing. You definitely deserved it.

Wow! What a powerful and eye opening story. Thank you for sharing!

It makes me wonder how high someone's tolerance can go before ODing. You hear stories where people take 60+ pills a day of xyz.

Maybe it is possible that JW had a tolerance to fentanyl, enough that it didn't kill him.
Remember fentanyl is 100x more potent than morphine. The average joe who gets morphine iv in the hospital feels pretty out of it and sometimes even pukes. If these poor guys didn't have tolerance to opioids, well you get the point. Fentanyl is quite often part of the cocktail the anesthesiologist gives a person to go under for surgery.

Not sure if this has been posted:

“Willis has a PhD from Vanderbilt University. As an HIV vaccine researcher, he worked both at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative’s Neutralizing Antibody Center in La Jolla, California, and from his native Kansas City.

His academic resume includes 55 published papers — five times the academic output of ex-Harvard president Claudine Gay — and an award from the Scripps Consortium for HIV/AIDS for his contribution to the development of an HIV vaccine”

Vanderbilt... That's interesting. Vanderbilt is not a ridiculous distance from KC.. it's an 8 hour drive. I see he did work in California, but still... I think people in KC saw JW from time to time over the years.

Some people have been talking like his friends couldn't have seen him since high school... I think they did. He probably got in touch with people when he visited his father. Probably he intended to move home to KC at some point all along.

Jmo

Often that motivates local dealers , those purely in it for $ do not indulge in it, because that is unwise imo ime. It's different with pot imo, some would sell enough to cover their personal use ime, but now many can grow it. With laced coke it has always seemed so dumb to me, lace it with fentanyl, your "customer" dies and there goes your $ for their repeat business. Plus people talk.
Well yes but also micro amounts would also get you addicted

https://x.com/alcaprari23/status/1753923141766660513?s=46&t=s2RxeM4Fg01yesFUzL6bDw

"Just spoke to a source close to Jordan Willis, who is disputing the viral claims that he was a "Chemist" who manufactured designer drugs for his friends.

Source tells me he's devastated at the loss of his friends and would never make drugs for them. He's in rehab voluntarily after this "gigantic wake-up call." Says he's suffered from depression and alcoholism over the past 15+ years and would use drugs recreationally, but does not believe he is a narcotic addict.

"He never manufactured anything, that's not what he would do. That's so crazy to me that people would actually think, just because of his profession, that he is a mad scientist," source tells me. "The whole country is pointing fingers at him but he's had zero time to grieve... and now they are taking another life, essentially. He's never going to be able to get over this.""

Attachments

• IMG_6956.png
    IMG_6956.png
    258 KB · Views: 22
I'd be interested to know whether any of the deceased and including all 5 attendees had been prescribed medical fentanyl for pain management. I'm aware that CG had a motorcycle accident a few years ago which may have resulted in a chemical dependency. So is it possible that some drug users, especially those who were prescribed the drug by their doctor who now refuses to refill prescriptions because of all the bad press, opt to take fentanyl without realizing how deadly the stuff is. I mean you'd have to live under a rock these days not to be aware of the dangers of the drug but addictions are powerful motivators to rationalize the behavior.

Interesting point. After reading about typical ways that people get fentanyl (and how they die - @girlhasnoname posted the article), it was interesting how many deaths were related to patches. I do know that they are sometimes stolen from nursing homes, and that some people get them and sell them. I definitely know people who feel they can't get opiates from their own doctor any more.

Well yes but also micro amounts would also get you addicted
But unless the dealer told you, you wouldn't know you were addicted to fentanyl, you'd just want more cocaine (which is itself highly addicting). It just blows my mind that people are still basically taking speedballs (whether they know it or not). If they try other dealers, they may have a subtle view that their first dealer (the one with the fentanyl laced stuff) had better stuff - but if it becomes the case that nearly all local street dealers have fentanyl laced cocaine (or meth), the national epidemic of fentanyl deaths makes sense (I just can't figure out the dealer's advantage in this).

Willingly Taking the Risk. Responsibility.
.... the 3 daughters of the single dad. There’s got to be some disappointment or anger over a parent willfully taking such a risk. It’s still tragic, but there is responsibility factoring in as well.
sbm
@SMK777 "willfully taking such a risk"
Yes, unless someone held a gun to their heads, by taking what they may have believed or assumed was plain old, every day, run of the mill cocaine, like in the past _#_ batches they got thru same source(s)/dealer(s), these three men willingly took two or more serious risks.
Risk Factor #1. Cocaine purity. Unexpectedly high? Enough to kill?
Risk Factor #2. Fillers or additives. Like Fentanyl? Enough to kill?

If this batch had, say, 2 or 5 times more “oomph” than previous batches, seems that alone could be fatal. It’s not known whether that occurred here.
Fentanyl in this batch was reported to be three times an amt known to be fatal.

Were these men first time users, consistent weekly or monthly or daily users? IDK. In terms of risk, I doubt that it matters, ICBWrong.

These ^ RISKS LOOM LARGE EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone ingests “street-sourced” drugs.
imo

Last edited:
<rsbm>

Welcome to Websleuths NovaBeans, and Thank You for post.

Jumping off your post to say ...

Assuming JW is innocent, the above part of his friend's statement is precisely why we are strict with the WS Victim Friendly policy of not making insinuations and accusations against people who are not officially named by LE to be POI or suspect.

It's easy to be the keyboard warrior, but I don't know if many people have actually known someone who has been falsely accused and seen what it does to them ... Yes, sometimes for the rest of their lives.

There isn't much worse than re-victimizing a victim. Trust me when I say .. if they are strong enough to live through the nightmare, it changes who they are :(

Members who persist in making direct or indirect accusations against an innocent person face a loss of posting privileges.

DON'T DO IT FOLKS !!

Willingly Taking the Risk. Responsibility.
sbm
@SMK777 "willfully taking such a risk"
Yes, unless someone held a gun to their heads, by taking what they may have believed or assumed was plain old, every day, run of the mill cocaine, like in the past _#_ batches they got thru same source(s)/dealer(s), these three men willingly took two or more serious risks.
Risk Factor #1. Cocaine purity. Unexpectedly high? Enough to kill?
Risk Factor #2. Fillers or additives. Like Fentanyl? Enough to kill?

If this batch had, say, 2 or 5 times more “oomph” than previous batches, seems that alone could be fatal. It’s not known whether that occurred here.
Fentanyl in this batch was reported to be three times an amt known to be fatal.

Were these men first time users, consistent weekly or monthly or daily users? IDK. In terms of risk, I doubt that it matters.

These ^ RISKS LOOM LARGE EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone ingests “street-sourced” drugs.
imo
Yes, unfortunately it’s becoming a game of Russian roulette, and probably they’d rather not think about it. Tragic all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump