Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRANSCRIPTION OF 3RD PRESS CONFERENCE

17TH FEBRUARY

(Lieutenant thanks everyone involved in the search efforts)

LIEUTENANT - I can say that, last night, investigators searched several locations throughout the area looking for Audrii, unfortunately, they did not find her, that's the reason why the search continues this morning.

This investigation is very fluid, however, I can say that we ended up identifying a backpack yesterday, at the dam, that is consistent with that belonging to a child, and so we are going through those contents right now to evaluate what's in that.

I mentioned yesterday that we have persons of interest; today I want to announce that we have one main person that we are looking at right now as a person of interest and that is Don Steven McDougal, 42, of Livingston. He was arrested yesterday for an unrelated aggravated assault charge and in furtherance of this investigation, we're asking for the public to call the Polk County Sheriff's Office or use our iWatch Texas app to report seeing the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban that we put out on X this morning. That is McDougal's vehicle, so anyone that saw that vehicle on Thursday or Friday, we're asking that you call the Polk County Sheriff's Office, use the iWatch Texas app, and report what you saw to investigators.

I also want to announce that we are very thankful for the Polk County Crimestoppers for offering a $7,000 reward for tips leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for Audrii's disappearance, and these tips can be anonymous.

I also want to say that we are hopeful that we can bring Audrii home alive and that's what we are absolutely working for, right now, but based on the evidence that we've got, we understand that foul play is a factor as well.

REPORTER - Why was McDougal taken to the 59 bridge, Trinity river?

LIEUTENANT - That's part of the ongoing investigation right now, our investigators remain absolutely committed to finding Audrii and so I don't want to get into those investigative efforts ,but they're absolutely ongoing.

REPORTER - Was the backpack discovered on water or land?

LIEUTENANT - I'm not sure where it was found, our investigators are looking through that now but we do know it was right down there in the dam and it was wet.

REPORTER - You mentioned that you all found it near the dam, about the area around the marina - how closely related is that to the search site over by the Trinity river?

LIEUTENANT - So, where we did the press conference yesterday.. the bag was found down there, by the river there.

REPORTER - Any additional evidence found along the Trinity river of 59 that you can mention?

LIEUTENANT - We're not giving out additional information on that right now. Again, we are looking at this as a criminal investigation as well, and so we have to protect the integrity of that and again I want to reiterate - our sincere hope is that we bring Audrii home, so anyone who has information, who has seen that vehicle, the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban, please call investigators and give us your information.

REPORTER - Is McDougal co-operating with you all?

LIEUTENANT - Erm.... I would say that there are times, but I don't want to get farther into that right now. Our investigators have done a great job in doing what they do best, which is uncovering the facts, leading them to draw conclusions and that's exactly what they're doing right now.

REPORTER - Do you all have control of the vehicle right now or is it still out in the wind?

LIEUTENANT - No, no, we have control of it.

REPORTER - Is McDougal still in custody?

LIEUTENANT - Yes, yeah, he was arrested last night on the unrelated aggravated assault charge.

REPORTER - I guess... a personal level, the scale of something like this has to be a tough one for law enforcement and the community. Talk a little bit about how you all are holding up and how you guys are using this to kind of push you forward in this work.

LIEUTENANT - You know, I think that brings up a great point. Everybody is committed. They realise that Audrii was loved by so many folks and that is the driving force for us to get answers to bring her home, but it certainly resonates through the law enforcement community. Many of us have kids and how this can happen, and so we are working exceptionally hard. Investigators from many agencies that are out here, and nonprofits that are out here, to bring Audrii home.

REPORTER - Can you shed any light on the timeline between the time that the father was notified that she was not in school and the report was actually made that she was missing?

LIEUTENANT - We can say that about 5.30 Thursday, is when she was reported missing. I don't want to get into any further details than that; I want to protect this investigation so that our investigators can do what they do best.

REPORTER - Does it still hold true that she never made it to school or got on the bus?

LIEUTENANT - Right. She did not make it school. That was the reason why the father.. the family became very concerned when she did not get off the bus.

REPORTER - It's going to start getting darker in a few more hours and so what time are you guys going to be out searching for Audrii?

LIEUTENANT - We were actively searching throughout the night last night and so I would surmise that if the evidence is driving us that far the investigators that we've got are dogged they are absolutely committed to finding Audrii, and so, if there's a reason to be out here at night, that's exactly what they're going to be doing.

REPORTER - Were there any other items, other than the backpack, found?

LIEUTENANT - There were other items that were found, but we're not getting into what those items were. That's all part of the investigative effort that we've got ongoing right now.

REPORTER - You mentioned that your investigation is leaning towards possible foul play, can you expand on that a little bit?

LIEUTENANT - I don't want to go any farther than that. We're looking at all factors and so our primary focus and hope is that we bring Audrii safely home, but we also realise that foul play may be a factor. So, we're just considering that, in light of the Crimestoppers reward, so, that's where we're at right now.

I want to thank everybody for being here. We will continue to provide updates on X, but if more information becomes available we'll certainly hold another press conference to keep the public and you all informed. Again, thank you for being here.

Thanks for this, that was a super speedy transcription!

He said "Audrii WAS loved by lots of people," he knows :(.

I'm 100% speculating here, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think they may have found clothing, and/or footwear. Again though, I am totally guessing.

FEB 17, 2024
Cummings said investigators searched several locations overnight, but did not find Audrii.

Authorities are asking anyone who may have seen a 2003 dark blue Chevrolet Suburban on Thursday or Friday to contact the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. Cummings said the vehicle belongs to McDougal and that they have control of it, but they want to hear from anyone who may have seen it.

Cummings said investigators did find a backpack near the Lake Livingston dam Friday which they said was consistent with belonging to a child. Other items were also found, according to Cummings, but authorities are not revealing what those items were at this time.
Bbm.
Audrii's phone ?

I'm 100% speculating here, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think they may have found clothing, and/or footwear. Again though, I am totally guessing.
yes, my thoughts too. clothing. :(

I was thinking similar.

Cummings said investigators did find a backpack near the Lake Livingston dam Friday which they said was consistent with belonging to a child. Other items were also found, according to Cummings, but authorities are not revealing what those items were at this time.

Cummings said based on the evidence they currently have, they believe foul play may be a factor in Audrii’s disappearance.

So what are we looking at in terms of the evidence they currently have? Found in the house? Or in the Blue SUV?
Something is leading them to the "possibility" of foul play other than the fact she is missing - IMO.

They have the SUV in their possession - what they are looking for is video or eyewitnesses who saw the vehicle
from late Wednesday 2/14/24 to late Thursday 2/15/24.

1708205017241.png

Cummings said based on the evidence they currently have, they believe foul play may be a factor in Audrii’s disappearance.

So what are we looking at in terms of the evidence they currently have? Found in the house? Or in the Blue SUV?
Something is leading them to the "possibility" of foul play other than the fact she is missing - IMO.

They have the SUV in their possession - what they are looking for is video or eyewitnesses who saw the vehicle
from late Wednesday 2/14/24 to late Thursday 2/15/24.

View attachment 484042
"Based on the evidence they currently have", my guess would be something totally random like a single shoe (her size and the exact style of shoes she was known to be wearing) would be a massive piece of "foul play" evidence. Besides finding her backpack, I do suspect they found something else they know is hers. Something an 11 year old child wouldn't just discard and walk away from.

jmo

This case reminds me in some ways of the Maddox Lawrence case in NY in 2016. Her body was recovered in water that looks very much like this site. She had been weighed down and dropped off a bridge by her killer (in that case, her father), who was brought to the site in shackles to identify the exact spot. It then took divers to recover her. I wonder if it’s too late in the day to launch divers. Also looking for an overhead view of where the dam is relative to Trinity.

"Based on the evidence they currently have", my guess would be something totally random like a single shoe (her size and the exact style of shoes she was known to be wearing) would be a massive piece of "foul play" evidence. Besides finding her backpack, I do suspect they found something else they know is hers. Something an 11 year old child wouldn't just discard and walk away from.

jmo
Can't help feeling it's also something linked to the vehicle. Maybe a cadaver dog hit?

I have a feeling that he isn't just the father's roommate and there's a deeper connection between him and the family. Also, why isn't the person (or people) who legally has custody of the missing child pleading for her safe return and keeping her name and face out there by talking to the media? The only person speaking on Audrii's behalf is her biological mother who doesn't have custody of her and has zero contact with her. Isn't that sad?

I have a feeling that he isn't just the father's roommate and there's a deeper connection between him and the family. Also, why isn't the person (or people) who legally has custody of the missing child pleading for her safe return and keeping her name and face out there by talking to the media? The only person speaking on Audrii's behalf is her biological mother who doesn't have custody of her and has zero contact with her. Isn't that sad?
I’m wondering if they feel they’ll be judged for allowing this person proximity to her.

I’m wondering if they feel they’ll be judged for allowing this person proximity to her.
They absolutely will be, and already are (although it's considered not victim friendly here). It's just the way it goes when a known child predator is allowed in close contact with an underaged child. Folks have honest, legitimate questions and opinions about that.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member