Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that she was removed from My Clear by someone she knows, hence very little evidence and a lot of focus on the family. Perhaps she got into a car of her own accord because it was someone she knew.
IMO …. Supt Hatt did seem to imply that until approx 8:00am (1hour) Samantha was on foot, but not so after that … that suggests a vehicle to me …

(From the presser - that was my take on the information given)
IMO

My thoughts are that she was removed from My Clear by someone she knows, hence very little evidence and a lot of focus on the family. Perhaps she got into a car of her own accord because it was someone she knew.
My feeling is, she met persons unknown to her

She was killed there and then in the vehicle and driven away

I feel it's been planned, with quite a few involved

Last edited by a moderator:
Or possibly a motorbike?

Do you have examples of such cases? I can't think of any where they "disappear" a mother of 3.
No, at least not to my knowledge. I didn't say there were similar cases in relation to organised crime.

I was just making the point that organised crime gangs in Australia, including the current Outlaw Motorcycle gangs (Bikies) or those formed around drug kingpins (eg Carl Williams etc), think nothing of murder just for payback purposes.

She has not been found at the Canadian Plantation or on trails from there to home. It seems like there is no body, or obvious crime scene. Every criminal, no matter how well planned, leaves something behind - that's history. Investigators need to find the original crime scene.

If she has been taken from the location where she disappeared, then it's unlikely that it was voluntary. Police think that she is no longer alive, and she sounds too smart to run away with a murderer.

IMO …. Supt Hatt did seem to imply that until approx 8:00am (1hour) Samantha was on foot, but not so after that … that suggests a vehicle to me …

IMO

I was just wondering what the end of Sam's GPS trail looks like.

I remember in Theo's case, his GPS showed that he stopped at a recreation park (where others are known to hang out) then after a few minutes veered off on a hard-to-find bush path ... sometimes running ... he lost his hat along there, and it was later found.

Maybe Sam's GPS trail shows some erratic movements at the end. Stopping for a bit. Maybe then continuing down Boak Road for a little while before the GPS went blank.

imo

IMO
My impression as well ... investigators pinpointed a location where something changed after reviewing digital devices.

I honestly don't think that the police put out alerts warning people about public safety, when someone has disappeared.
I can't recall that happening in any of the cases I have followed here.
They seem more likely to warn the public if a convict has escaped from prison.

As we have read, the women runners of Ballarat are already taking even more safety precautions (avoiding the area) just by virtue of Sam's disappearance.
I think that is more of what happens ... the police put an alert out about the circumstances, people make their own judgements on their safety.

imo
I assumed it would not be a general rule but depending on the particular disappearance case.

If they believe it was not a targeted disappearance but random and there is still a dangerous predator on the loose in the area, it would make sense for a need for some kind of caution to the public for their safety. Also because this is a small township, it is more likely that the perpetrator(s) are not far away compared to a similar crime happening in a large metropolis.

Last edited:
No, at least not to my knowledge. I didn't say there were similar cases in relation to organised crime.

I was just making the point that organised crime gangs in Australia, including the current Outlaw Motorcycle gangs (Bikies) or those formed around drug kingpins (eg Carl Williams etc), think nothing of murder just for payback purposes.
There is one recent one I can think of ….

Lametta Fadlallah, 48, and Amy Hazouri, 39, were hit by a hail of bullets while sitting in a car outside the former's home on Hendy Avenue, Panania, on Saturday night.

SNIP

Superintendent Doherty said the shooting of two women was a new low in Sydney's gangland.

"There used to be an unwritten law with the criminal element, especially in organised crime, that you don't touch family and you don't touch women," he said.

"I think that rule of engagement from the law book has been thrown out the window."

Would you ever say that about a male victim? If you don't know Samantha then that's just speculation and frankly unfair.
Yes, I am only speculating, and I would also speculate the same about a male victim. The only difference might be that in some "blokey" circles, a male might really resent taking orders from a woman. Especially in rural Australia, which I know well.

I initially thought random attack … but the longer it goes without finding her body the more I think it’s someone she knows -

If Sam was sexually assaulted by a random. they wouldn't be leaving her around to give up evidence. Either alive to say what happened, or dead for her body to reveal another person's DNA.

imo

Yes, I am only speculating, and I would also speculate the same about a male victim. The only difference might be that in some "blokey" circles, a male might really resent taking orders from a woman. Especially in rural Australia, which I know well.
Are you thinking misogynist?
Blokey circle disappearing Samantha during her Sunday morning run because she is female? I think that's possible ... gender based violence is not uncommon.

I wonder if vpol have found any foot or tyre prints in the area they’re searching ?

It seems likely that evidence on her devices indicated that something happened at Boak Road. I added red line as possible running route, purple represents 4 roads that she crossed during her run.

The overview map is from abcnews linked upthread.
The highlighted red/white dot centres on a small dam( reservoir ) almost opposite the phone transmission tower/ small building to the southern side of Boak Rd ( cars could be parked there comfortably ).IMG_7500.png
It seems likely that evidence on her devices indicated that something happened at Boak Road. I added red line as possible running route, purple represents 4 roads that she crossed during her run.

The overview map is from abcnews linked upthread.

Attachments

• IMG_7501.png
    IMG_7501.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 30
There is one recent one I can think of ….

Lametta Fadlallah, 48, and Amy Hazouri, 39, were hit by a hail of bullets while sitting in a car outside the former's home on Hendy Avenue, Panania, on Saturday night.

SNIP

Superintendent Doherty said the shooting of two women was a new low in Sydney's gangland.

"There used to be an unwritten law with the criminal element, especially in organised crime, that you don't touch family and you don't touch women," he said.

"I think that rule of engagement from the law book has been thrown out the window."

The one thing about this type of crime, though, is the gangs generally use a "hail of bullets' or firebomb a rival member's home or business. Yes, with family inside.

I am not sure that I have ever heard of a bikie gang disappearing someone's wife. It seems to me that they like to take ownership (but not criminal ownership) of their crime.

its possible she was killed cleanly, no blood, strangled, knocked out, leaving no evidence and her body dumped into the vehicle and driven from the scene, her phone thrown on the way, her body could be anywhere, buried miles away and all within an hour or two

The highlighted red/white dot centres on a small dam( reservoir ) almost opposite the phone transmission tower/ small building to the southern side of Boak Rd ( cars could be parked there comfortably ).View attachment 485970

I was thinking that near that small dam wouldn't be a bad area for a vagrant to set up camp. Water close by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti