Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a $500,000 reward, I'd imagine plenty of people who've known Mr AKA over the years are racking their memories for clues.

Also, it's a large enough amount to make it worth for a family member to betray him and share any secrets they're keeping.
I doubt very much they will step up.
They have money somewhere - he doesn't keep a 'company' going for decades - still today - without it being attached to some sort of financial gain overseas.
But all of that will be looked into now and hopefully every single red razoo will be taken from all of them.

I'm still surprised that not many people who knew him have come forward.
Not even any wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe now they will.

He's probably told everyone, "wait for the inquest and the coroner will clear my name, I've done nothing wrong". He's already said derogatory things about M that I won't bother repeating, so we know what his cover story is.

Well that gig is up!

With a $500,000 reward, I'd imagine plenty of people who've known Mr AKA over the years are racking their memories for clues.

Also, it's a large enough amount to make it worth for a family member to betray him and share any secrets they're keeping.
$500k not enough to even buy a house on the east coast of NSW. Should be $1m. That would be enough to encourage someone close to him to come forward safely.

I loved hearing the Coroner's lovely, calm, measured voice essentially calling RB a lying piece of s@#$. Her words couldn't have been stronger on that count.
I loved it too!

I also wanted her to add a few more verbs in there !
But she did an awesome job of it and really brought it home at the end with her heartfelt words to Sally.
What a journey she has been on, mostly on her own in the initial years, to get this far. That is incredible in itself.
She has taken down a monster and now the whole world will be able to rejoice in that with her!
Marion would be so proud of her today.

I am over the moon with this result.

My thumbs went up when the coroner specifically called out Graham Childs. YES.

She called out the police comments during one of the inquests.

She specifically said for the record that Sally acted clearly and cleanly (my words, can’t remember hers).

She cannot indicate that offences have been committed by any person :(
The coroner can not attribute blame or accuse anyone or suggest anyone is liable - she can only go on what was presented at the inquest and her recommendations were in relation to that.
It isn't up to her to find him guilty of anything - she has opened the doors though to allow an investigation to happen and that he is part of that investigation. She did say he was unreliable and demonstrated a tendency to exploit vulnerable women and Marion.
Marions last documented evidence was of a withdrawal from her account in October - that was what was presented at the inquest - there was nothing else presented to suggest life after that time -
The coroner has to go with that - it doesnt mean she believes MB "herself" withdrew that last amount - it means that was the evidence presented to the court - her account was used - so figuratively speaking, that was Marion.

I found it emotional thinking of Sally as all that was read. I’m glad it was this coroner. She seems fair and respectful, sympathetic and shrewd. I’m so glad she pulled the police up on both their historical behaviour but also the unacceptable way they treated Sally at times during the inquest.

I also hope that the references to the police conduct also allows Sally to take it further, from a civil perspective, should she wish.

Now - I hope AH gets questioned by an expert interrogator and all that should follow.

Wishing Sally some measure of peace, she’s a warrior and should not have had to be.

I think he may not be as agile as he once was.

Perhaps long gone are the days when he could do a dash from a house complete with his victims goods, or hop on the nearest plane to wherever.

I hope there's no chance another country might apply for extradition on maybe fraud charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93