Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the school notified her mom that she was absent from school?
From being part of the Audrii case thread, it seems like each area and school differ in how they do this! I read how some was not notified of absence til the evening of the same day. I'm in the UK and if my child is absent and I haven't informed them, the school rings within an hour of morning registration.

I have been in her position, not feeling safe in my own home, and hoping with all my being that she took off on her own and is safe. Something tells me that's not the case though. :mad:
Couldn't agree more. Was groomed by mom's bf when I was this same age... it looks like nice gifts and you're "special" and "different" and blah blah blah... all disgusting predator garbage.... I hope this guy talks and SOON

As for the phone, some teens just really aren't glued to them - especially if they cannot use them during school hours anyways. While not common, I would not automatically discount the statement that it was common fer her.
Especially, as it makes it harder for anyone to reach her - such as the abusive stepfather. She might just really have felt better with being out of contact while away from home and mostly used it at home to chat with friends.

One thing that is standing out to me is how quickly they found the CSAM/evidence of sexual abuse. How was it found?
This gives me a tiny hope that maybe the stepfather is not involved in her going missing. Surely he would've known to get rid of such material before trying to pass off "a runaway" story about her? Of course, people are stupid, so who knows. But the LE does see what time he tried to delete stuff - if it was before she was reported as not showing up at school, there is little hope she is alive. If it was after that, however, then maybe something else happened.

It is possible she just tried to escape the situation, but what makes me worried is the "when I turn 13" thing. This is an abstract border. If you want to run away from home because of sexual abuse, you don't really wait until a birthday. It could be connected to a way of transport or even means of accommodation. But my first thought was that this is something someone else told her. Why, who knows. Cold be a grooming thing, as the situation at home made her especially vulnerable. Could even be something the stepfather said - though I find that rather unlikely.

I am not familiar with all the laws in different states, but do minors from age 13 get any 1) rights to travel alone on some transport 2) rights to be out at night alone 3) rights to start (part-time) working 4) age out off child sex abuse lists (even if in age-gap limited situation only) or similar in FL or states nearby?

Has anyone seen mention of any siblings? I’m wondering if there is anyone else living with them to verify that Maddie left with the boyfriend to go to school, if that’s a usual occurence etc…

One observation IMO, the arrested suspect’s appearance at time of the mug shot, when compared to the earlier selfie photo outside near I believe that canal - seemed his appearance has changed somewhat drastically IMO? (Granted the dates of all images are not known.) MOO

Has anyone else seen this interview with Maddie’s mother? She says “we drove her to school”, “we dropped her off”, then suddenly says “my boyfriend dropped her off”…..so now I’m confused. Was the mother with him when she was supposedly dropped off across from the church or not?? I thought not, but this is odd to say the least.

Has anyone else seen this interview with Maddie’s mother? She says “we drove her to school”, “we dropped her off”, then suddenly says “my boyfriend dropped her off”…..so now I’m confused. Was the mother with him when she was supposedly dropped off across from the church or not?? I thought not, but this is odd to say the least.
Yup, confusing indeed. So strange to see the boyfriend just sitting behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim