Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Coroner considers Ric Blum's history of aliases, fraud charges, affairs in Marion Barter inquest​

The coroner found that throughout his adult life, Ric Blum had "routinely changed his name" and said he used 14 different aliases over the years.

He also held "at least 10 different passports in different names".

When asked about the name changes by police, Mr Blum said he couldn't really explain it but that he "supposed" it was to do with his mental health state

Yep, and IMO that mental state is called psychopath.

Para 327 of the Coroner's Report

Further, Mr Blum submitted there is no evidence that he had ever committed any act of violence. It was emphasised that the “obvious and truly consistent feature” of Mr Blum’s past relationships with women was that he himself had a tendency to disappear at the conclusion of each relationship, while the women involved remained alive and well.

Aka. As you well know, its the dead women that tell no tales.

Further, Mr Blum submitted there is no evidence that he had ever committed any act of violence. It was emphasised that the “obvious and truly consistent feature” of Mr Blum’s past relationships with women was that he himself had a tendency to disappear at the conclusion of each relationship, while the women involved remained alive and well.

MC is on record saying he's a 'very dangerous man', GGB took out an AVO against him (something she wouldn't do lightly IMO) and several people heard him talk about poison, including his own daughter ER.

While the women who bravely gave evidence 'remained alive and well' (although undoubtedly traumatised and mentally scarred by their experience), how many others disappeared or died suddenly but were never known to be connected with him because the relationship was kept secret as he demanded?

‘Alive and well’. And destitute!

I so wish we were able to see the transcript of his Police interviews.

It’s clear from the Coroner’s report that his story in the Police interviews differed somewhat to that given at the inquest when back in 2019 he wasn’t sure what evidence the Police might hold on him.

At the inquest he appears to have been allowed to see much of the brief of evidence held against him and been able to concoct a multitude of fictional stories/denials around that evidence and changed his original story given to the Police at points where he had damned himself. Of course he also used the podcast too to fill in some of the gaps surrounding Marion.

I was surprised more clips from his Police interviews weren’t presented to him at the inquest.

Allowing him the opportunity to see the evidence resulted in him trying to make a complete mockery of the Coronial inquest where he treated us to his full range of story telling and acting. JMO

BIB 100% agree. The truth is we have only heard how dangerous he is from the women who survived him and we cannot have any account from those who didn't. We know that poor Marion didn't make it out alive and that means there could be many more dead women who tell no tales.

Often with these type of offenders, that which is known is the tip of the iceberg.

He will be held to account and I truly pray for justice for each and every victim, those who are known, those not yet known, whether deceased or alive.

This man is a danger to society and needs removing from society ASAP IMO.

My blood just ran cold at the thought of how many other victims are out there, and how many others may have disappeared during his lifetime and "career".

Maybe the connection wasn't made to him, due to his insistence on secrecy, and his using other names.

My blood just ran cold at the thought of how many other victims are out there, and how many others may have disappeared during his lifetime and "career".

Maybe the connection wasn't made to him, due to his insistence on secrecy, and his using other names.

I've always said this :(

At the risk of repeating myself again, think of all the victims who were vulnerable, lonely, elderly, disabled, mentally unwell, or drug / alcohol addicted that he will have fleeced during passing encounters or quick in and out interactions.

Maybe pretending to offer goods or services or evaluate antiques or do odd jobs around the home and just vanished their jewellery and valuables. The sort of people who have no one looking out for them and the police wouldn't be interested plus they'd have no proof.

And the more severely harmed and exploited. How many more!??

JMO MOO

How interesting that Monique Cornelias didn’t give an interview to NSW police.

Edited to add: She did give over his letters to her which helped the coroner to decide his dishonesty based on what he said about the sexual aspect of their relationship.

Last edited:
How interesting that Monique Cornelias didn’t give an interview to NSW police.

Edited to add: She did give over his letters to her which helped the coroner to decide his dishonesty based on what he said about the sexual aspect of their relationship.
I've always said there is much more to this union.
IMO she handed that letter over not only to disclose their sexual relationship they had for years but she had him at checkmate by doing so.

I think MC is saving her own *advertiser censored* in this case. Neither of them are going to implicate the other for something that both of them were part of IMO - he was VISIBLY shocked when that letter was read out - she had betrayed him - they loved each other - she even said she loved him.

I think back to the very first discussion TLV team and Sally had with her in regard to knowing a man by the name of FR who lives in Aust - NO never heard of it she says!

Then fast forward to the Spotlight interview and TLV interview later and.... Oh yes he stole my ex husbands ID - and oh yes he was writing to me for yrs from Aust .....

She has an affair with him when she knew he was married, she declares he is a murderess b*tard, he hung out with dangerous gangs, he was a liar YET she kept his letter for decades though ( to use as collateral should the need arise IMO)
BUT she couldn't put 2 & 2 together with her ex husbands name and AH living in Aust when that very first contact from TLV team came along - Come On! Of course she knows much more - another Diane

JMO

Ahhh yes I see Mishy.

Monique is so intriguing to me. She says AKA is a bad man. “He loves only money.” She stresses that she is not a victim.

IMO she is deeply afraid of him. The letters were insurance if he were to turn against her. Now he is old and in the sights of Australian police it’s safer for her to talk. Maybe his reach to her has withered on the vine and by that I mean a human connection is no longer in a position to harm her. Or she is gambling on that. I think she is trying to get even with AKA or trying to help neutralise his danger to her.

She did produce evidence which became useful to the coroner. Was this as a result of Alison Sandy? Because Alison did a great job drawing her out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy
Back