Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

The family members were picked up by her, I believe, a few days earlier, and were already at their home for the holiday and had no transportation of their own. I think what the OP meant was just that. How could anyone who didn’t have a vehicle of their own cause harm to him if they couldn’t drive to that location.
Whose family members were they? Could there have been some type of conflict within the family that caused DS to leave?

Whose family members were they? Could there have been some type of conflict within the family that caused DS to leave?
No conflict at all was mentioned. Was stated he was excited to have them visiting and looking forward to some planned events with them over the next few days. Her daughter in Florida, the daughter’s husband or BF, and the grandson, I believe.

Edited to add - the same daughter who vomited when they arrived at the scene of the truck

Last edited:
Or was his pattern such that he may do a job, and then take on another one unbeknownst to family, and check in later stating he’d be home much later because another job was offered or required? That’s sort of how I interpret what we have been told. So long absences were not suspicious because he was always on the run and a schedule was kind of fluid.

clipped and bolded by me for focus

Yes, IIRC SS stated that he would often be gone for long periods as he'd take another job on. So she wouldn't particularly notice or consider him missing by the time that his boss had called at the house to inform her something was wrong.

How on earth would you come to that conclusion?
I've actually had the same thought and for the same reason @Yellerbee stated. If what Sarah has repeatedly said about David being a workaholic is true. He probably wouldn't have much time to spend with friends. Just an observation, certainly not meant to be offensive.

Never heard anything about the mentioned altercation?

I've actually had the same thought and for the same reason @Yellerbee stated. If what Sarah has repeatedly said about David being a workaholic is true. He probably wouldn't have much time to spend with friends. Just an observation, certainly not meant to be offensive.

Never heard anything about the mentioned altercation?
That probably says more about how well some wives know who their husbands interact with. Not unusual, I doubt my wife could name more than a couple of my friends.

ETA: I just asked her to test my theory. She could name one. We've been together 20 years and she can name one. And vaguely describe a few more (that guy you sometimes watch football with, the guy with a fishing pond, etc). But please, if I go missing don't say I don't have any friends. Lol!

As a reminder,

What is posted by a family member or friend on their personal social media account is NOT allowed to be mentioned or discussed here. If any such post is reported in the MSM, you may discuss it as it pertains to this case, but you must include an approved source link for the information.

clipped and bolded by me for focus

Yes, IIRC SS stated that he would often be gone for long periods as he'd take another job on. So she wouldn't particularly notice or consider him missing by the time that his boss had called at the house to inform her something was wrong.
I think this particular instance though, he was looking forward to the family visit, according to SS. He should of been home by 2 to 3 in the morning. Don't know what time she got up, she didn't state, but she would of noticed, he wasn't home yet. But apparently she didn't.

I wonder how often he gets a call for another job in the middle of the night

I think this particular instance though, he was looking forward to the family visit, according to SS. He should of been home by 2 to 3 in the morning. Don't know what time she got up, she didn't state, but she would of noticed, he wasn't home yet. But apparently she didn't.

I'm only going by what she stated - that he would take more jobs. So she didn't miss him, assuming he'd be back after work.

I guess that implies he frequently gets another job / load booked in and works overnights, not returning until the morning hours when people are up and about.

JMO

Seems to be out of the ordinary for David not to have called if he took on another load to say he wouldn't be home when he knew family was in town and according to SS he was looking forward to getting home to spend time with them.

He did the same exact load the night before according to Les Brown, I wonder if he came home that night or early morning and if so, what time he got home. I'm sure SS would have known David was home if he crawled into bed and cuddled up in the early morning hours.

JMO

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, our whole thread is based on police information and SS stating everything she has ever said about her husband missing. No one else is speaking for him. We have one side. The other side can't be told because, he is missing. So let's go by this information. The only senerios, is something bad happened to him. He's dead. He had a medical emergency and hasn't been found, or murdered. All else is errelavent.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, our whole thread is based on police information and SS stating everything she has ever said about her husband missing. No one else is speaking for him. We have one side. The other side can't be told because, he is missing. So let's go by this information. The only senerios, is something bad happened to him. He's dead. He had a medical emergency and hasn't been found, or murdered. All else is errelavent.
You forgot another possibility - David disappeared himself.

You forgot another possibility - David disappeared himself.
Police or SS said that's not a possibility. Well not police...Police have not even mentioned this nor has Ss. Just saying. I know what you are thinking. But if he went missing on his own accord, Police would notify family and we wouldn't be here right now.

I am deff feeling like he vanished on his own.
left phone and some cash in the truck to make it look good ( or bad ), threw his jacket on the ground for good measure and dipped off.
He could of had a 2nd phone, and probs had someone ready to keep his secret and pick him up.

i am almost so sure he did this on his own i am about ready to unwatch the thread lol!

I am deff feeling like he vanished on his own.
left phone and some cash in the truck to make it look good ( or bad ), threw his jacket on the ground for good measure and dipped off.
He could of had a 2nd phone, and probs had someone ready to keep his secret and pick him up.

i am almost so sure he did this on his own i am about ready to unwatch the thread lol!

If so, why haven't LE been able to locate and talk to him?

So I don’t have an answer to that - but LE being able to locate and talk to someone shouldn’t be the only indicator that they left willingly or foul play happened.
I think having an accomplice makes the chances of successfully disappearing much greater.
I feel like the chances of someone who has already “ran away” leaving again are greater than getting kidnapped and murdered while hauling pigs.
There’s plenty of people who successfully went missing.

All of this is just my opinion obvi

I've been through enough traumatic experiences in my life to know that vomiting is a natural reaction to trauma. It has nothing to do with eating or not eating beforehand and definitely should not be considered a tell-tale sign that someone is not a victim. I do not think this is important to the investigation. I also know what it is like to have a husband that works unpredictable hours and to also host while family is in town. If you have a house full of people that need to eat there is nothing wrong with going out to eat...it should actually be preferred due to the time it takes to prepare and cook at home and then clean up. I can see how in Sarah's position that it would be less time consuming to eat out, so she can have more time to focus on what had transpired that morning when she realized that her husband was MIA. I am thinking that this is what the plan of the day was before that day and there may not have been an alternative food plan at home for that meal. I think it is silly to nitpick this for anything more than it is. Also my thoughts on SS being asked by her PI's legal team to stop contacting police is because from what I have seen on her social media is that when she contacts the police and there is no update due to it being an ongoing investigation where they can not share information, and then she posts that there is no update, there are followers who end up advocating for thousands of others to contact their local legislators, the governor and so on to escalate the situation. My hunch is that it is causing a lot of red tape for this small local police department and it is causing huge problems for them which could be impeding the investigation. MOO
She could also get motion sick in cars, be pregnant, have covid - the latest variant has heavy gastro - or the flu, a hangover etc.. She said she showed up with one of her friends - so who knows. Sarah said she felt like throwing up too, so maybe they both react to stress that way - and yes a reaction to stress/trauma is common. I had a prospective employee gag constantly through a job interview.

Some people call dinner the meal that would be eaten at noon. Others call dinner the meal you eat in the evening.

The meal Sarah and her daughter had was around noon time. Two hours after learning David couldn't be found. Daughter vomited later in the evening after arriving where the truck was found parked. No mention of going out to dinner after vomiting.

Yes! Dinner/supper/lunch are regional.

Respectfully, the most likely answer is that they do not know where he is. if DS voluntarily disappeared himself, while it would be a nice gesture perhaps, he would be under no obligation to notify LE of his whereabouts and well-being. As a general rule, adults in the United States have the legal right to 'go missing'. JMO

Whatever the reason, choosing to go missing is not generally a criminal offence, and the individual will not be in any legal trouble if and when they choose to return.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back