Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

I don’t in any way believe he disappeared on his own. If that were the case then why not drop off the load of pigs first?
Did he meet another trucker to take him away, and this trucker had to pay attention to his tachograph or GPS? So no time to wait for DS until he would have finished the unloading?

I still don't believe DS disappeared himself because to leave the truck in the manner it was is the most bizarre and unlikely option, creating road traffic violations, livestock transporting violations, trucking licence violations, and endangering oncoming traffic. It was a dangerous way to leave the truck, other drivers could have come to harm, and put animals lives at threat, and it messed around with other people's business (his boss, the livestock breeder, and the loading / unloading company) to boot. Really? All that? That would say something radical about his personality as opposed to just disappearing.

If DS did all that and had someone pick him up, he would have run the risk of LE spotting the pick up and chasing after him to prosecute him for abandoning a truck in the drive lane. Strange way to decide to disappear is not? When the alternative would be drop the pigs, park up the truck safely, disappear, nobody missing him for another 8 hours as wife thinks he might be taking on extra loads...

JMO MOO

She could also get motion sick in cars, be pregnant, have covid - the latest variant has heavy gastro - or the flu, a hangover etc.. She said she showed up with one of her friends - so who knows. Sarah said she felt like throwing up too, so maybe they both react to stress that way - and yes a reaction to stress/trauma is common. I had a prospective employee gag constantly through a job interview.

Yes! Dinner/supper/lunch are regional.
BBM

As is Soda and Pop.

Order at a restaurant in the south and ask them what kind of Pop they have and you may get a funny look. Or at least that was the way it was when I was stationed in Florida back in the day.

BBM

As is Soda and Pop.

Order at a restaurant in the south and ask them what kind of Pop they have and you may get a funny look. Or at least that was the way it was when I was stationed in Florida back in the day.
You mean coke, right? :) "What kind of coke do you want?" "I'll take a Dr. Pepper."

The Platte County case is interesting.

Police or SS said that's not a possibility. Well not police...Police have not even mentioned this nor has Ss. Just saying. I know what you are thinking. But if he went missing on his own accord, Police would notify family and we wouldn't be here right now.
Not if LE can’t prove it. I can’t name one off the top of my head, but there are other cases of people walking away from their lives for years and it was found out much later.

I find fault with every possibility we’ve been able to come up with related to David’s disappearance and LE’s silence really gets my imagination going in overdrive. Ultimately I’m a fence sitter in this one, truly a mystery.

Police or SS said that's not a possibility. Well not police...Police have not even mentioned this nor has Ss. Just saying. I know what you are thinking. But if he went missing on his own accord, Police would notify family and we wouldn't be here right now.

Not sure if it's different in the US but in the case of Marion Barter in Australia, they actually said the opposite - there's no duty to inform the family of a voluntarily missing person.

Not if LE can’t prove it. I can’t name one off the top of my head, but there are other cases of people walking away from their lives for years and it was found out much later.

I find fault with every possibility we’ve been able to come up with related to David’s disappearance and LE’s silence really gets my imagination going in overdrive. Ultimately I’m a fence sitter in this one, truly a mystery.
Here are a few that I'd learned about not long ago - interesting reading...

Nicholas Francisco - missing by choice, led a double life:

Last seen leaving his job at an advertising agency, saying he was headed home to make cookies with his kids. His wife was expecting their third child at the time, but never arrived home. His car was found abandoned in a parking lot.

"His then-wife of seven years, claimed her devoutly religious husband would never abandon their family and said she feared foul play.

A massive police search of the area, including the banks and waters of the Green River, revealed no sign of Francisco.

The Sheriff’s Office learned that Francisco had legally changed his name and moved to another state.

During the search for Francisco, his then-wife found an internet trail left by her husband featuring secret bank accounts, videotapes and email addresses. He was "looking for sex partners online. ... cruising for men and women," sometimes using the screen name "Fun Times Steve.”"

‘Missing’ SeaTac man found with new name, in new state

The Real Life Don Draper: Ad Exec Who Disappeared to Lead Double Life Is Found

Robert Hoagland, CT
Left behind his family in CT, found deceased in NY state 10 years later living under a new name.

Connecticut Man Who Vanished a Decade Ago Found Dead After Living Under New Name in New York

Robert Hoagland - Wikipedia

Thomas Randele
Thomas was in the news recently, as his impending death caused him to tell his family what he'd done as a 20 year old single man - he had robbed a bank in Ohio and fled to Massachusetts where he started over with a new name, married, had children, etc., living his entire life as a fugitive unbeknownst to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/03/us/thomas-randele-ted-conrad-bank-robber-confession-cec/index.html

Did DS have enough time in the day to lead a double life? Or even befriend someone sufficient to hatching a disappearance plan? It seems he was barely able to find the time to sleep, never mind subterfuge... JMO MOO
We all have the same amount of time, and we all have time for whatever we prioritize.

Even short haul trucking - that's a lot of alone time, a lot of "down" time while trucks are being loaded/unloaded. A lot of time with just you and your phone.

Did DS have enough time in the day to lead a double life? Or even befriend someone sufficient to hatching a disappearance plan? It seems he was barely able to find the time to sleep, never mind subterfuge... JMO MOO
If someone wants to lead a double life, they will make time for it. Just because SS said he was always working, was he really? no one but DS knows..

Here are a few that I'd learned about not long ago - interesting reading...

Nicholas Francisco - missing by choice, led a double life:

Last seen leaving his job at an advertising agency, saying he was headed home to make cookies with his kids. His wife was expecting their third child at the time, but never arrived home. His car was found abandoned in a parking lot.

"His then-wife of seven years, claimed her devoutly religious husband would never abandon their family and said she feared foul play.

A massive police search of the area, including the banks and waters of the Green River, revealed no sign of Francisco.

The Sheriff’s Office learned that Francisco had legally changed his name and moved to another state.

During the search for Francisco, his then-wife found an internet trail left by her husband featuring secret bank accounts, videotapes and email addresses. He was "looking for sex partners online. ... cruising for men and women," sometimes using the screen name "Fun Times Steve.”"

‘Missing’ SeaTac man found with new name, in new state

The Real Life Don Draper: Ad Exec Who Disappeared to Lead Double Life Is Found

Robert Hoagland, CT
Left behind his family in CT, found deceased in NY state 10 years later living under a new name.

Connecticut Man Who Vanished a Decade Ago Found Dead After Living Under New Name in New York

Robert Hoagland - Wikipedia

Thomas Randele
Thomas was in the news recently, as his impending death caused him to tell his family what he'd done as a 20 year old single man - he had robbed a bank in Ohio and fled to Massachusetts where he started over with a new name, married, had children, etc., living his entire life as a fugitive unbeknownst to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/03/us/thomas-randele-ted-conrad-bank-robber-confession-cec/index.html
If I remember correctly, Robert Hoagland previously disappeared when his family lived in Diamond Bar, CA. David also previously disappeared. This has me slightly leaning in that direction, but I am staunchly on the fence still.

One thing that strikes me as "off" with DS that evening is he asked for different jeans with deeper pockets. Why? He obviously didn't carry his cell phone nor his wallet in his pocket when driving so why would he need larger/deeper pockets? Was he meeting up with someone to buy something and whatever he was buying, he would put in his pockets?

One thing that strikes me as "off" with DS that evening is he asked for different jeans with deeper pockets. Why? He obviously didn't carry his cell phone nor his wallet in his pocket when driving so why would he need larger/deeper pockets? Was he meeting up with someone to buy something and whatever he was buying, he would put in his pockets?
This is what I always wondered about too. There’s a reason he asked for those deep pockets imo

im being a tad sarcastic here, but also a little serious lol....

what if they were just his favorite jeans -- i mean, if you were running away and was gonna be in the same pants for a while, youd want your favorites.

another option for me was maybe he wanted to carry a hand gun? and it fits better in the deeper pocket jeans

im being a tad sarcastic here, but also a little serious lol....

what if they were just his favorite jeans -- i mean, if you were running away and was gonna be in the same pants for a while, youd want your favorites.

another option for me was maybe he wanted to carry a hand gun? and it fits better in the deeper pocket jeans
I agree with the comfortable jeans, that I could believe. However, most responsible guns owners wouldn't carry their handgun in a their pocket, lol, they carry it in a holster made specifically for that particular firearm.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back