AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

This is what my google maps comes up with when searching for Goodwin Road. It appears County road B is also called North 8th street. So the blanket would have been found between N8th and Johnston Drive.

You're right, the street name doesn't start with 'East', but it's also not east of Country Rd B, it's west of it. The SS and map below used your starting point. I added Country Rd B to figure out if it's east or west of it.

1710799061502.png

1710798880050.png

Map is HERE.

That blanket... I've posted about it before, how it stuck out to me for having been added later to the description in the Amber Alert.

I've also posted about how I can't seem to accept that either JV or KB know where Elijah is (dead or alive) but they won't divulge his whereabouts despite literally hundreds of people searching for him week after week.

And I'm the same person who posted about whether Elijah may have tried to "go home" or find his mom, somehow getting out of JV's apartment and setting off, wrapped in his blanket, to find his way back to someone he believed loved him. After all, he was with a strange man who showered him in cold water, made him stand in extended time-outs and utter "prayers" and - IMO, JMO - menaced him psychologically in ways that I believe were beyond terrifying for a little boy. I'd want to be anywhere but there, too.

Could he have made it three miles on his own, unseen? I don't know. Could he have made it far enough down a road or ditch for someone to notice him and offer to take him to his mommy? I don't know, but it's that second option I still can't rule out. I just can't.

How'd the police come to learn about the blanket in the first place? If that info came from JV, why on earth would he offer it up if in fact he'd killed Elijah and later realized he'd lost that blanket somewhere along the way?

I'm not saying that I think these two adults are innocent. I'm saying the only way I can grasp them not leading the police to Elijah on day 2 is if they do not know where he is. Their culpability is no less, because they did not take care of him, they left him beyond vulnerable and they put their own needs before his every step of the way, it seems to me.

Heartbreaking.

I'm not saying that I think these two adults are innocent. I'm saying the only way I can grasp them not leading the police to Elijah on day 2 is if they do not know where he is. Their culpability is no less, because they did not take care of him, they left him beyond vulnerable and they put their own needs before his every step of the way, it seems to me.
First thought after reading about the blanky and seeing the satellite map was that they (or just Vang probably) literally left him out in the wilderness. Alive. As punishment for not being manly enough. MOO.

Last edited:
This is what my google maps comes up with when searching for Goodwin Road. It appears County road B is also called North 8th street. So the blanket would have been found between N8th and Johnston Drive.

what confuses me is that they said the blanket was found on Goodwin Rd, east of county road B. Goodwin road is west of County Road B.

Goodwin Road appears to be rural but populated with homes, farms etc. Whereas East Goodwin Road is in a very forested area. I suspect Vang disposed of Elijah in the latter and not the former. JMO

ETA I see Gemmie was thinking exactly what I was on this

That blanket... I've posted about it before, how it stuck out to me for having been added later to the description in the Amber Alert.

I've also posted about how I can't seem to accept that either JV or KB know where Elijah is (dead or alive) but they won't divulge his whereabouts despite literally hundreds of people searching for him week after week.
They didn't care about him before, why start now?
Could he have made it three miles on his own, unseen? I don't know. Could he have made it far enough down a road or ditch for someone to notice him and offer to take him to his mommy? I don't know, but it's that second option I still can't rule out. I just can't.
I can see him making it 3 miles, not easily, but doable. But, I can't see him making it 3 miles without being seen. It's not like an adult walking along the road that you can ignore as you drive by. NO ONE is not going to notice a little boy walking alone like that. Your head would spin so fast to look back you'd get a kink in it. And then you'd call 911 and go back to stay with him till he's safe.
I'm not saying that I think these two adults are innocent. I'm saying the only way I can grasp them not leading the police to Elijah on day 2 is if they do not know where he is.
I'm thinking at least one of them knows exactly where he is, possibly both. All MOO

what confuses me is that they said the blanket was found on Goodwin Rd, east of county road B. Goodwin road is west of County Road B.

Goodwin Road appears to be rural but populated with homes, farms etc. Whereas East Goodwin Road is in a very forested area. I suspect Vang disposed of Elijah in the latter and not the former. JMO
Yep, that's my confusion. But east Goodwin is definitely east of Country Rd B.

I believe Vang 100% knows where he is, but I'm torn on Katrina. He could've told her the truth, or told her something different, or told her the "he wandered out of the house" story. Remember that Katrina is apparently mentally impaired due to a DA incident (?) so who knows what her day-to-day mental state is like. This doesn't absolve her of guilt really, just pondering if she is more gullible as a result of her injury. Simple as. MOO.

Jesse Vang, the boyfriend of Elijah Vue’s mother, Katrina Baur, now has two attorneys listed in his court record.

Vang is charged with child neglect and is now asking the court to dismiss the charge or make the complaint against him more definite. Online court records show Vang’s attorneys filed that motion on Monday.

And I'm the same person who posted about whether Elijah may have tried to "go home" or find his mom, somehow getting out of JV's apartment and setting off, wrapped in his blanket, to find his way back to someone he believed loved him. After all, he was with a strange man who showered him in cold water, made him stand in extended time-outs and utter "prayers" and - IMO, JMO - menaced him psychologically in ways that I believe were beyond terrifying for a little boy. I'd want to be anywhere but there, too.

How'd the police come to learn about the blanket in the first place? If that info came from JV, why on earth would he offer it up if in fact he'd killed Elijah and later realized he'd lost that blanket somewhere along the way?

Heartbreaking.
JV told the PD about the blanket. I've tried to think of every other possible alternative in this case, but even if he did walk 3 miles, he'd be easy to find. With this many people out looking for him, there's just no way there'd be no sign of him by now, if he simply walked out of the home. Additionally, according to JV, he "disappeared" during the morning hours when people are up and about their day. SOMEONE would've seen a little child walking down the road during daylight hours, if that's what he did in fact do. I also don't see Elijah or any 3 year old for that matter, being able to dress himself warm enough to walk 3 miles. Unfortunately, this just doesn't add up so we must conclude that either someone took him from the home or what seems more plausible, one of both of them did something and his body just hasn't been found :(

TIMELINE UPDATED AS OF 18 MAR 2024 (updates in RED)

ELIJAH VUE
- SEARCH MAP: Elijah Vue Search Party Map - Google My Maps
- 3yo male, 3ft, 45lbs, sandy hair, brown eyes, birthmark on left knee [1]
- wearing gray sweatpants, long sleeve dark color shirt, red & green dinosaur shoes [1]
- possibly carrying red and white plaid blanket [2]
- Hmong and White ethnicity [3]
- Mother: Katrina Bauer [7], 31yo [9], FB profile: Log into Facebook
- “Caretaker,” mother’s boyfriend: Jesse Vang [7], 39yo [9], previous Child Abuse arrest in 2002 (Wisconsin Circuit Court Access)
- Bio dad in prison since Jan 2023 until 2040 [22-video]

October 2022
- KB cuts her family out of her life [36]

“around Thanksgiving 2023”
- KB begins discussing discipline of EV with JV [25]

January 2024
- EV first went to stay with JV without KB [25]

MON FEB 12
- KB dropped EV off with JV in Fon du Lac (met halfway between Dells & Two Rivers) for “discipline” until FRI FEB 23 [22]

TUE FEB 13
- 9:30 PM – KB text JV about meeting up in Two Rivers and discuss what to do with EV & 6yo daughter [37] [40]

WED FEB 14
- 2:35 AM - cell phone data shows KB in Two Rivers [23] [40]
- KB leaves 6yo (autistic [40]) daughter unattended in vehicle for an hour in freezing temperatures [36] [37]
- 3:13 AM [37] - photo taken from KB’s phone showing EV bruised (on jawline, neck, and upper left arm [40]) & blindfolded [26]
- 4:12 AM – KB deletes photo of EV and leaves Two Rivers [40]

THU FEB 15
- 8:24 PM – last known photo of Elijah taken – standing in corner in full diaper [37], JV shares on FB messenger w KB [40]

FRI FEB 16
- JV & EV seen at Ross Auto Service in Two Rivers for ignition interlock system (article says Thur, but date on timestamp says Feb 16th) [31]
- 6 or 7 PM – KB leaves Dells for Two Rivers [25]
- 11 PM - cell phone data shows KB in Manitowoc [40]
- 12 AM [40]
- KB says she visited late that night, saw EV sleeping on sofa [23]

SAT FEB 17
- 12:30 AM [40] – cell data & witnesses see KB & JV drive to Manitowoc together; JV goes to bar (Saucy’s Bar [40]) while KB goes to Kwik Trip; EV is not seen in any of passenger seats (6yo daughter in WDells) [37]
- 1:55 AM – KB & JV return to Two Rivers [40]
- 5 AM [40] - KB leaves Two Rivers to return to WDells [23]
- cell phone data shows KB in Two Rivers [23]
- 6:39 & 6:49PM - KB & JV text about EV soiling his diaper, JV giving him cold shower [22-video]

SUN FEB 18
- 4:36 AM [40]- JV & KB message about discipline:
JV: “I told you to trust me.. I’m a make sure he hates me and being here.”
KB: “Don’t want him to hate YOU. Just fear you.”
JV: “It’s okay. Someone had to be the bad person.”
KB: “I know, but either way, he can fear you and respect you.”
JV: “He did fear me.. but he didn’t respect me.. now I’m making him respect me.” [37]

MON FEB 19
- 8 or 9 PM – JV changed EV’s diaper prior to bed; EV was “in punishment” standing in corner for “2 to 3 hours” while JV watched a movie [25]
- PM – JV consumes three 12oz Budweiser beers and one cyclobenzaprine as sleep aid [25]

TUE FEB 20 – REPORTED MISSING, JV ARRESTED, SEARCH DAY 1
- 7:30 AM – JV states that he saw EV sleeping on sofa in living room when he woke to help his own (autistic, teen [25]) son get on the bus for school; he woke EV, gave him cereal, didn’t change his diaper, [23]
- 8 AM – last seen near 3900 Mishicot Rd (caretaker’s home [2]) according to “caretaker” on 911 call [1] (temperatures at this time ~36F); JV claims he brought EV into his room while he took a nap, when he woke up EV was “gone” [21] [25]
- 10:59 AM [3] – “caretaker” called 911 to report EV missing [1]
- 11AM – search begins [5]
- 3 PM – Amber alert issued [1]
- JV interviewed [25]
- PM – investigators collect small slip-on shoe into evidence [4] (LE could not confirm items belong to EV [5])
- PM – estranged extended family drive in from Green Bay & Appleton to help with search [11]
- 11:34 PM [9] – JV (“caretaker”) booked into Manitowoc County Jail [7] for child neglect [16]

WED FEB 21 – KB ARRESTED, DAY 2
- 3:48 AM [8] - KB (EV’s mother) booked into Manitowoc County Jail [7] [13] for child neglect [16]
- residents organized search party near Forest View Cemetery & Holy Cross Cemetery [2]
- Linda Vue (EV’s aunt, father’s sister [13]) joined search party, interviewed [2] [11]
- Orson Vue (EV’s uncle) interviewed [5] [10] [14]
- local, state, and federal resources assisting with search include canine & drones [3]
- investigators at apartment complex, wearing gloves [6]
- investigators ask for surveillance video & doorbell footage [5]
- K9 units sniffing around dumpster behind apartment complex [11]
- PM – vigil held at St Peter Catholic parish [12]
- PM -- press briefing by LE [12]

THU FEB 22 (DAY 3)
- local search include helicopter [6], local rivers [16]
- probable cause affidavit submitted to judge [17]
- 12:45 PM - scheduled KB & JV bail hearing for child neglect charges, postponed to FRI FEB 23, court info sealed [14]
- PM – FBI searching at Calumet County landfill [15] [16]
- 7:20 PM – LE requests local surveillance videos from Feb 12 through Feb 20 [16]

FRI FEB 23 (DAY 4)
- day that KB was supposed to pick EV up from JV’s [22]
- KB bail hearing details:
-- $15k bail, no contact w JV or children under 18 [17]
-- intentionally sent EV to JV for “disciplinary reasons” [17]
-- provided false info about whereabouts – obstruction charges coming [17]
-- 4 prior missed court appearances [17]
-- aunt Linda Vue requests no cash bail, no contact w EV’s family [17]
- JV bail hearing details:
-- $20k bail, no contact w KB or children under 18

SAT FEB 24 (DAY 5)
- search continues in wooded areas, waterways [18] through the night w dive teams [20]

SUN FEB 25 (DAY 6)
- police presence on Manitou Dr in Shoto [19]
- 16 search parties covering 57 miles [21]

MON FEB 26 (DAY 7)
- 1:30PM - KB & JV in court – describes JV’s “boot camp” (standing for hours, “I’m sorry Mommy,” cold water); uncle Orson Vue asks for no bail [21] [22-video]

TUE FEB 27 (DAY 8)
- 10 AM – community search in Manitowoc [22], large-scale canvassing [23]
- 4 PM – LE press conference, family speaks [24]
- FBI offers $15,000 reward [26]

WED FEB 28 (DAY 9)
- expanded search w K9s [26]

THU FEB 29 (DAY 10)
- search continues in rivers, landfills, quarries, storm sewers [27], in Fond du Lac [29]
- KB requests bail be converted to personal recognizance bond [28]

FRI MAR 1 (DAY 11)
- search continues [30]

SAT MAR 2 (DAY 12)
- search continues in rural areas, Lake Michigan, etc w National Guard, drones, K9 [32]

SUN MAR 3 (DAY 13)
- search continues in Shoto, Cato, etc [33]

MON MAR 4 (DAY 14)
- LE identifies vehicle of interest (in police possession): 1997 4-door Nissan Altima, beige, WI plate A____0, (NOT owned by JV or KB [35]) seeking footage on Feb 19 from 2-9pm [34]

TUE MAR 5 (DAY 15)
- search continues in rural areas [35]

WED MAR 6 (DAY 16)

THU MAR 7 (DAY 17)

- KB preliminary hearing details:
-- chronic neglect charge added, bond reduction denied [36]
-- KB’s mother asks court not to release her; says KB is defending JV [36]
-- LE retrieved deleted pic of bruised & blindfolded EV from KB’s phone [36]

FRI MAR 8 (DAY 18)
- landfill search completed; other searches continue [38]

SAT MAR 9 (DAY 19)
- search in Green Bay [39]

SUN MAR 10 (DAY 20)

MON MAR 11 (DAY 21)

- KB’s neighbors interviewed about EV [42]

TUE MAR 12 (DAY 22)
- reward raised to $40k [41]
- LE following up on tips, including “large amounts of video” [41]

WED MAR 13 (DAY 23)
- search continues in Bubolz Nature Preserve [44]

THU MAR 14 (DAY 24)
- KB waives right to preliminary hearing (next court date: Mar 22) [45]
- JV eligible for public defender (next court date: Mar 21) [45]

FRI MAR 15 (DAY 25)

SAT MAR 16 (DAY 26)

- 6:30pm - vigil held in Two Rivers [43]

SUN MAR 17 (DAY 27)

MON MAR 18 (Day 28)

- LE confirms that blanket found on Goodwin Rd east of County Rd B is EV’s [46]
- JV retains attorneys, asks court to dismiss charge or make the complaint more definite [47]

SOURCES --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] FEB 20 – WISN – Amber Alert Issued for Missing Boy -- Amber Alert issued for missing boy in Manitowoc County
[2] FEB 20 – FOX6 – Wisconsin Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers Boy -- Wisconsin Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy, search intensifies
[3] FEB 20 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post -- [4] FEB 20 – WISN – Kendall Keys twitter post w video -- [5] FEB 21 – WBAY – Amber Alert continues for missing 3-year-old - Amber Alert continues for missing 3-year-old boy from Two Rivers
[6] FEB 21 – TMJ4 – Statewide Amber Alert in Effect w video -- Statewide Amber Alert in effect for 3-year-old boy from Manitowoc County
[7] FEB 21 – WHBY – Mother of missing Two River Boy - https://www.whby.com/2024/02/21/mot...iving-at-the-same-address-taken-into-custody/
[8] VINELINK - https://vinelink.vineapps.com/person-detail/offender/37318722;tabIndexToSelect=0
[9] VINELINE - https://vinelink.vineapps.com/person-detail/offender/37314711;tabIndexToSelect=0
[10] FEB 21 – WBAY – Elijah Vue: Search for Missing Two Rivers boy - Elijah Vue: Search for missing Two Rivers boy moves into second day
[11] FEB 21 – CBS – video -
[12] FEB 21 – ABC2 – video - Search continues for missing 3-year-old in Two Rivers
[13] FEB 21 – WISN – Where is he? Search for missing 3-year-old w video - 'Where is he?': Search for missing 3-year-old boy in Manitowoc County
[14] FEB 22 – WBAY – Amber Alert: Police seek child neglect charge - Amber Alert: Police seek child neglect charge against mother of Elijah Vue
[15] FEB 22 – WBAY – FBI part of investigation at Calumet County landfill - FBI part of investigation at Calumet County landfill as search for missing 3-year-old continues
[16] FEB 22 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[17] FEB 23 – WBAY – Elijah Vue’s Mother in court video - Elijah Vue's mother in court | Katrina Baur and Jesse Vang are due in court for bail hearings. They were arrested hours after Elijah's disappearance on a charge of child neglect. | By WBAY TV-2Facebook
[18] FEB 24 – CBS58 - @AJBayatpour twitter - https://twitter.com/AJBayatpour/status/1761531462904430831
[19] FEB 25 – FOX11 – Police presence in Manitowoc Co - Police presence in Manitowoc County
[20] FEB 25 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[21] FEB 26 – KFIZ – Search for 3-year-old - Search for 3-year-old Elijah Vue enters seventh day - KFIZ News-Talk 1450 AM
[22] FEB 26 – WBAY – Elijah Vue’s mother, Vang charged with child neglect w video - Elijah Vue’s mother, Vang charged with child neglect as Amber Alert search nears 2nd week
[23] FEB 26 – HERALD TIMES REPORTER – Elijah Vue latest - Elijah Vue latest: Court documents reveal more about 3-year-old’s disappearance in Two Rivers
[24] FEB 27 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department was live. | By Two Rivers Police DepartmentFacebook
[25] FEB 26 – FOX11 – Mother, caregiver formally charged (w probable cause docs: https://fox11online.com/resources/pdf/2a3140bf-87e8-4c88-8cce-44a53f5c5b9c-Baurcriminalcomplaint.pdf) - Mother, caregiver formally charged in Elijah Vue case
[26] FEB 28 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[27] FEB 29 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[28] FEB 29 – WISN – Mother of Missing 3-year-old - Mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue seeks bail change
[29] FEB 29 – NBC26 – If he was here once, he could possibly be here again - 'If he was here once, he could possibly be here again': Fond du Lac joins search for Elijah Vue
[30] MAR 1 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[31] MAR 1 – WEAU – Surveillance photos show Elijah Vue four days before reported disappearance - Surveillance photos show Elijah Vue four days before reported disappearance.
[32] MAR 2 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[33] MAR 3 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post -
Two Rivers Police Department
[34] MAR 4 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[35] MAR 5 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[36] MAR 7 – WBAY – Elijah Vue search: Prosecutors file amended charges - Elijah Vue search: Prosecutors file amended charges against Vue’s mother
[37] MAR 7 – WE ARE GREEN BAY – Someone had to be the bad person - 'Someone had to be the bad person': Updated complaint shows more alleged neglect to Elijah Vue
[38] MAR 8 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[39] MAR 9 – FOX11 – Volunteers search Green Bay’s Baird Creek area - Volunteers search Green Bay's Baird Creek area for Elijah Vue
[40] MAR 12 – ABC2 – Elijah Vue search: Timeline - Elijah Vue search: Timeline of his mother’s actions leading up to disappearance
[41] MAR 12 – NEWS3LV – Reward in Missing Wisconsin boy case up to $40k - Reward in missing Wisconsin boy case up to $40K; police receive 'large amounts of video'
[42] MAR 11 – NBC26 – He was the son I never had - 'He was the son I never had'; Looking into Elijah Vue's time in the Wisconsin Dells
[43] MAR 13 – HERALD TIMES – 3-year-old Elijah Vue is still missing - 3-year-old Elijah Vue is still missing in Two Rivers after 23 days. A candlelight vigil is planned.
[44] MAR 14 – FOX11 – Volunteers comb Bubolz Nature Preserve - Volunteers comb Bubolz Nature Preserve as search for Elijah Vue continues into fourth week
[45] MAR 14 – FOX11 – Missing boy Elijah Vue’s mother and her boyfriend return to court - Missing boy Elijah Vue's mother and her boyfriend return to court
[46] MAR 18 – TWO RIVERS PD – FB post - Two Rivers Police Department
[47] MAR 18 – WBAY – Elijah Vue case: Jesse Vang retains attorney - Elijah Vue case: Jesse Vang retains attorneys, asks for a dismissal

Last edited:
JV told the PD about the blanket. I've tried to think of every other possible alternative in this case, but even if he did walk 3 miles, he'd be easy to find. With this many people out looking for him, there's just no way there'd be no sign of him by now, if he simply walked out of the home. Additionally, according to JV, he "disappeared" during the morning hours when people are up and about their day. SOMEONE would've seen a little child walking down the road during daylight hours, if that's what he did in fact do. I also don't see Elijah or any 3 year old for that matter, being able to dress himself warm enough to walk 3 miles. Unfortunately, this just doesn't add up so we must conclude that either someone took him from the home or what seems more plausible, one of both of them did something and his body just hasn't been found :(

@WI Vigilante I get your viewpoint, I really do. But what I bolded in your post is also to my point if someone who might have seen Elijah walking down a road during daylight hours was not a Good Samaritan.

I see how unlikely it seems, but I can't dismiss it as a possibility, not when things equally improbable - cold showers, 3-hour standing timeouts, bizarre photos - seem to be facts surrounding this poor little boy. JMO.

But the news of the blanket is so tough. I do believe Elijah is dead.

I'm not finding a Goodwin Rd, I'm finding E. Goodwin Rd. Guessing it's the same but I'd have thought they would have called it by its proper name.

That road is also an entrance to Woodland Dunes State Natural Area, so I'm thinking Little Man (my name for Elijah) is in there somewhere.

View attachment 491420

HERE is the map if you want to dink with it.

Anyone finding a Goodwin Rd that's not called East Goodwin Rd?
Goodwin Rd east of County Rd B that they woule be referring to would be between County Road B and Johnston Dr. Few homes to be seen, lots of farmland and several ponds in that area. I can't figure where they acquired that it's only 3.7miles from Vang's apartment, unless it's "as the crow flies". My map puts it a little over 6 by car route.

TIMELINE UPDATED AS OF 18 MAR 2024 (updates in RED)

ELIJAH VUE
- SEARCH MAP: Elijah Vue Search Party Map - Google My Maps
Thank you for a link to the search map and GREAT notes, @wnk!

Here's what I'm wondering... If they "found the blanket early in their investigation" as the MSM states... why in the world would they withhold that info? Unless it was to keep search parties out of the area so they don't disturb the scene. I'm just surprised Little Man hasn't been found yet if they found his blanket. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back