AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

One month missing :(

MAR 20, 2024
[...]

Elijah’s family will meet again at one of their search headquarters -- the Mikadow Theater in Manitowoc. Groups will meet at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to coordinate volunteer searches. They’ll take a day to rest on Thursday and resume searching again on Friday and Saturday.

Meanwhile, police continue to look for clues after Elijah’s red-and-white plaid blanket was found less than four miles from where his mother’s boyfriend’s apartment where he was reported missing on Feb. 20.

[...]

MAR 20, 2024
[...]

...Vang is due back in court Thursday, but Manitowoc County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Jost said it will just be for rescheduling.

A previously scheduled preliminary hearing will not take place and no motions will be heard. Meanwhile, Baur has an arraignment on Friday.

[...]

The blue route is the google maps suggested route from Wisconsin Dells(KB) to Two Rivers(JV). The yellow with red X on extreme right hand side is the intersection of Goodwin and Cty Rd B where the blanket was found.

IMO Seeing these marked on the map does add to the theory (for me, MOO) that perhaps this was a purposeful “dumping” of evidence to throw off LE. IMO KB only had to detour by driving 1 block down, throw out the blanket and keep driving home.

I don’t understand how else this blanket could end up there unless Elijah was nearby? Seems unlikely it would blow out the window of a car?

(All hypothetical and MOO)

I agree with your theory. Great map, thank you.

But as I think about it more, JV made mention of the blanket up front, and now the blanket was found? Stating Elijah may be with his blanket had people on the look out for him and/or his blanket. Start to wonder if the blanket was intentionally left in that location? Baby Elijah could be in the opposite direction. It's clear in my mind what happened to this child, and I do not believe JV actually wants Elijah found. So why would he mention the blanket if the blanket was truly with Elijah?

Thinking of the fear and anxiety this child had makes me ill. Elijah has stolen my heart.

Two Rivers police did not elaborate when the blanket was found, but a portion of that road was closed on Feb. 25 while they searched for the missing boy, according to reporting by the Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter, part of the USA TODAY Network.
*may those two suffer tenfold Elijah’s shock and pain his little body and mind felt ending with their demise.

According to court documents, just two days before the toddler disappeared, Vang sent a slew of text messages to his girlfriend Katrina Baur admitting Vue 'did fear me' and that 'some one had to be the bad person' when it came to rearing him.

Vang briefly appeared in court on Thursday via Zoom before the case was adjourned until next month, the Independent reported. The judge cited Vang's lawyers being 'newly appointed' and needing 'time to prepare'.

<i>WISN via CNN Newsource</i><br/>A caregiver for missing toddler Elijah Vue faced charges relating to human trafficking in 2016.

WISN 12 News obtained court documents from 2016 that detail a troubling history between Baur, Vang and Jimmy Vue, who family identified as Elijah’s biological father.

Investigators in Outagamie County say in November 2015, police responded to a hotel in Appleton, where Baur had hidden in a bathroom and attracted the attention of hotel staff, who called police. Baur told police she had been sexually assaulted “by two Asian males while at the AmericInn.” [MORE AT LINK]

<modsnip: copyright>
*grrroan! Poor little Elijah never had a chance…

Last edited by a moderator:
KB said that she was (edited: threatened to be) trafficked to a house in Minneapolis in 2015

Correct me if I’m misremembering- during the recent court appearance, didn’t KBs mom say that years ago, Kb “faked an abduction” when they lived in California and was found weeks later in Minnesota ?

Last edited:
<i>WISN via CNN Newsource</i><br/>A caregiver for missing toddler Elijah Vue faced charges relating to human trafficking in 2016.

WISN 12 News obtained court documents from 2016 that detail a troubling history between Baur, Vang and Jimmy Vue, who family identified as Elijah’s biological father.

Investigators in Outagamie County say in November 2015, police responded to a hotel in Appleton, where Baur had hidden in a bathroom and attracted the attention of hotel staff, who called police. Baur told police she had been sexually assaulted “by two Asian males while at the AmericInn.” [MORE AT LINK]

<modsnip: copyright>
*grrroan! Poor little Elijah never had a chance…
Interesting. I have seen this previous relationship alleged before on FB. Seems now a MSM outlet has verified it.

Last edited by a moderator:
But here's some of what the complaint says:

The victim was a woman,
Two women were at a party in Appleton using meth and heroin, and later went to a hotel,
The victim used more drugs at the hotel, was left alone with two men, and was sexually assaulted,
The victim was told she would be taken to Minnesota, and would not be her own person anymore,
The victim feared she would be forced to work in the sex trade, and
The other woman eventually returned, and the two women got away to another hotel, where they stayed in a bathroom and someone must have called the police.
Jesse Vang was charged in 2016 with conspiracy to commit human trafficking, charge later dismissed

First thought after reading about the blanky and seeing the satellite map was that they (or just Vang probably) literally left him out in the wilderness. Alive. As punishment for not being manly enough. MOO.
My opinion is that the blanket was an accident and he was on his way home. It was found on the right side of the road… OK I guess I shouldn’t say that, but I would assume, which I know also isn’t right but I’m just also creating theory here. It looks to me like all those detectives pulled up on Goodwin Road, where the blanket was. I don’t know why they pull up before or after it, a considerable amount. so by the looks of that picture I would just assume they pulled up to the blanket after it was called in. Again, all assuming and I’m well aware of that so don’t come at me. But based off that picture, my own assumptions, it’s likely that they pulled up to exactly where the blanket was to do forensic stuff…

That’s the right side of the road. He would’ve been heading home at this time. I’ve always thought the blanket was just an accident. I don’t think for second that these people are career savvy criminals or even career criminals. I think that whatever they were doing, they were in a panic. They were in a crunch for time. They were trying not to be seen. They were freaking out. They’re probably more scared than they’ve ever ever been in their life if they’re carrying a dead body and they dumped the blanket on the way home after he realized he had the blanket and threw it out the window because I don’t think she would have thrown the blanket, but then again I don’t know why I would think that she would care given everything else but i still don’t think she would’ve ditched the blanket. so those two things and the fact that theyI found the blanket. that was my theory right away. IMO it wasn’t planted. Like ppl keep saying. I think that’s giving them too much credit. I think it’s just a simple as he was almost home and realized he still had the blanket on him.

So then I kept asking myself. Why wouldn’t you have left the blanket there. It was not kept for sentimental value and I kept going nack to why would you not leave it there then. Well bc somehow the blanket would’ve given away the body, because it would’ve flowed away. That is the only thing I can think of for not having left the blanket at the scene or keeping the blanket yourself… The blanket had been a compromised to where they put him. to me that means water so I think Jesse was on his way home from water. Which is At the end of Goodwin Road. There’s tons of water around there and very big deep ditches. I can’t think of any other reason why you wouldn’t have left the blanket specially if you were just gonna throw it… I think he was put in some type of body of water or running water in the blanket would’ve given up potentially

Last edited:
"Neighbors told FOX 11 that a woman walking her dog found the blanket -- not far off the road, near a dirt path -- the weekend after Vue was reported missing."

Doesn't sound like something just "thrown" from a car, but I could be wrong. JMO

Katrina Baur's arraignment hearing is Friday at 4 p.m.

The complaint states texts leading up to Baur's visit indicated Vang told her she couldn't see Elijah when she got to his apartment. He told her he would put Elijah to sleep before she arrived.

Baur also told Vang the 6-year-old child could sleep in the car.

Later, when Baur arrived at the apartment, she texted Vang from the car asking if the car's headlights could turn off completely. She then said she'd leave the car off and then turn it on again later.

The complaint also said a photo was found deleted from Baur's phone from Feb. 14 of Elijah lying down with a blindfold over his eyes. He appeared to have bruising on his jaw, neck and arm

1711143796418.jpeg
Katrina Baur, the mother of the missing Elijah Vue, pleaded not guilty Friday to four charges, including chronic neglect of a child.

Friday's hearing lasted two minutes.

No trial date was set. Prosecutors have until April 26 to make any plea offer, if they choose to do so.

"Neighbors told FOX 11 that a woman walking her dog found the blanket -- not far off the road, near a dirt path -- the weekend after Vue was reported missing."

Doesn't sound like something just "thrown" from a car, but I could be wrong. JMO

I feel like Elijah was born under a dark star and I'm so angry that, as far as I can see, there was no safety net for him, not the state, not county/city or federal, despite his mother receiving disability aid. I don't know why she had custody of either of her children, given her difficulties as we know them. Not even the extended family seems to have been able to intervene. To me - and it's JMO - this little boy was already lost, just not gone yet.

Following up on my continuing obsession with Elijah's blanket, since the news of it being found came out.

Sidebar: It has not yet been proven an impossibility that Elijah was abducted, at least not to me. I know it seems unlikely, allegedly triple-locked apartment door and all, but that does not make it impossible, not yet. The location of the blanket only increases my wondering in that regard.

People often walk their dogs using the same route. I realize Two Rivers is a small town in a largely rural area, but even so, it can be common to walk your dog the same way every day. Do we know when Elijah's blanket ended up in the place - not far off Goodwin road, near a dirt path - where the dog-walking woman spotted it the weekend after he was reported missing? We don't know. If she walked her dog the same route everyday, did she just miss it? Even if she walked a new route that day and that's why she spotted it, that doesn't tell us how long it had been there.

Given that the blanket was found within 4 miles of JV's apartment, I have to believe that that area, like all areas within at least a 5-10 mile radius of the apartment, had been searched intensively, probably more than once, during the previous 4 or 5 days. Maybe there was snow cover, sure, but maybe Elijah's banket wasn't there until the day before or the day of discovery and that's why it wasn't found sooner.

If the blanket wasn't there on day 1, then JV and/or KB couldn't have placed it there beause they were both in jail.

I now know, thanks to @WI Vigilante, that it was JV who told the police about Elijah's blanket. I still can't wrap my mind around why he would have said a word about it if he actually knew where it was. I know some people theorize that he deliberately placed it along Goodwin Road in hopes of diverting/misleading investigators, and then intentionally mentioned it to the police to further that deception but I just don't see where he has the smarts for that kind of play.

Others think he realized he'd forgotten about the blanket after disposing of poor Elijah and hastily pulled over to toss it before going home - either between 2:00 and 9:00 p.m. in the now-impounded Nissan sedan the day before or between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. the day of - before finally reporting him missing. In this second example, it's even more improbable to me that he'd tell the police about it. The only way that's even remotely viable, IMO, is if KB had no idea JV killed her boy, whether by accident or design, and JV was afraid she might mention Elijah's blankie to the police.

There were much better ways to destroy that blanket, too, if you think about it.

This part of Wisconsin has some notorious history. Not far north in Manitowoc County, for example, is Avery Auto Salvage, made world famous because of the incredible 2015 docu-series Making A Murderer, about Steven Avery. I mention that only because murderers are among us, pretty much everywhere. Pedophiles are among us, pretty much everywhere. Both sometimes roam distances, looking for prey. Both recognize opportunity when it presents itself. A three-year-old child, wandering alone for even just a few dozen yards, can absolutely attract the wrong kind of attention. They do. Every day.

I guess what I'm thinking is that, if Elijah was grabbed, say 50 yards from Vang's apartment, then the predator wouldn't know where he "lived," if you can call it that. Could have been the night before, could have been the morning of the day he was reported missing. Take the kid, head off to wherever you intend to do your depraved thing, and if that kid's little blanket smells like poop, then just pull over quick along some country road, dump it and keep on driving. In that scenario, Elijah's blanket may have been there all along, which leaves me mystified why it wasn't found sooner.

I can't stand that he has not been found yet. I think he could be anywhere, but I don't think he's alive. I truly hope he's not reduced to being just the one bit of currency these two people plan to spend for a plea deal.

All JMO

I feel like Elijah was born under a dark star and I'm so angry that, as far as I can see, there was no safety net for him, not the state, not county/city or federal, despite his mother receiving disability aid. I don't know why she had custody of either of her children, given her difficulties as we know them. Not even the extended family seems to have been able to intervene. To me - and it's JMO - this little boy was already lost, just not gone yet.

Following up on my continuing obsession with Elijah's blanket, since the news of it being found came out.

Sidebar: It has not yet been proven an impossibility that Elijah was abducted, at least not to me. I know it seems unlikely, allegedly triple-locked apartment door and all, but that does not make it impossible, not yet. The location of the blanket only increases my wondering in that regard.

People often walk their dogs using the same route. I realize Two Rivers is a small town in a largely rural area, but even so, it can be common to walk your dog the same way every day. Do we know when Elijah's blanket ended up in the place - not far off Goodwin road, near a dirt path - where the dog-walking woman spotted it the weekend after he was reported missing? We don't know. If she walked her dog the same route everyday, did she just miss it? Even if she walked a new route that day and that's why she spotted it, that doesn't tell us how long it had been there.

Given that the blanket was found within 4 miles of JV's apartment, I have to believe that that area, like all areas within at least a 5-10 mile radius of the apartment, had been searched intensively, probably more than once, during the previous 4 or 5 days. Maybe there was snow cover, sure, but maybe Elijah's banket wasn't there until the day before or the day of discovery and that's why it wasn't found sooner.

If the blanket wasn't there on day 1, then JV and/or KB couldn't have placed it there beause they were both in jail.

I now know, thanks to @WI Vigilante, that it was JV who told the police about Elijah's blanket. I still can't wrap my mind around why he would have said a word about it if he actually knew where it was. I know some people theorize that he deliberately placed it along Goodwin Road in hopes of diverting/misleading investigators, and then intentionally mentioned it to the police to further that deception but I just don't see where he has the smarts for that kind of play.

Others think he realized he'd forgotten about the blanket after disposing of poor Elijah and hastily pulled over to toss it before going home - either between 2:00 and 9:00 p.m. in the now-impounded Nissan sedan the day before or between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. the day of - before finally reporting him missing. In this second example, it's even more improbable to me that he'd tell the police about it. The only way that's even remotely viable, IMO, is if KB had no idea JV killed her boy, whether by accident or design, and JV was afraid she might mention Elijah's blankie to the police.

There were much better ways to destroy that blanket, too, if you think about it.

This part of Wisconsin has some notorious history. Not far north in Manitowoc County, for example, is Avery Auto Salvage, made world famous because of the incredible 2015 docu-series Making A Murderer, about Steven Avery. I mention that only because murderers are among us, pretty much everywhere. Pedophiles are among us, pretty much everywhere. Both sometimes roam distances, looking for prey. Both recognize opportunity when it presents itself. A three-year-old child, wandering alone for even just a few dozen yards, can absolutely attract the wrong kind of attention. They do. Every day.

I guess what I'm thinking is that, if Elijah was grabbed, say 50 yards from Vang's apartment, then the predator wouldn't know where he "lived," if you can call it that. Could have been the night before, could have been the morning of the day he was reported missing. Take the kid, head off to wherever you intend to do your depraved thing, and if that kid's little blanket smells like poop, then just pull over quick along some country road, dump it and keep on driving. In that scenario, Elijah's blanket may have been there all along, which leaves me mystified why it wasn't found sooner.

I can't stand that he has not been found yet. I think he could be anywhere, but I don't think he's alive. I truly hope he's not reduced to being just the one bit of currency these two people plan to spend for a plea deal.

All JMO
I agree with you on your thoughts. I’m wondering if a third person is involved and planned the blanket? If many drive on that road and walking dogs, why didn’t they see it earlier? So many questions…

View attachment 492323
Katrina Baur, the mother of the missing Elijah Vue, pleaded not guilty Friday to four charges, including chronic neglect of a child.

Friday's hearing lasted two minutes.

No trial date was set. Prosecutors have until April 26 to make any plea offer, if they choose to do so.
Is it just me or does she resemble Leticia maybe it's just the dead soulless eyes

My opinion is that the blanket was an accident and he was on his way home. It was found on the right side of the road… OK I guess I shouldn’t say that, but I would assume, which I know also isn’t right but I’m just also creating theory here. It looks to me like all those detectives pulled up on Goodwin Road, where the blanket was. I don’t know why they pull up before or after it, a considerable amount. so by the looks of that picture I would just assume they pulled up to the blanket after it was called in. Again, all assuming and I’m well aware of that so don’t come at me. But based off that picture, my own assumptions, it’s likely that they pulled up to exactly where the blanket was to do forensic stuff…

That’s the right side of the road. He would’ve been heading home at this time. I’ve always thought the blanket was just an accident. I don’t think for second that these people are career savvy criminals or even career criminals. I think that whatever they were doing, they were in a panic. They were in a crunch for time. They were trying not to be seen. They were freaking out. They’re probably more scared than they’ve ever ever been in their life if they’re carrying a dead body and they dumped the blanket on the way home after he realized he had the blanket and threw it out the window because I don’t think she would have thrown the blanket, but then again I don’t know why I would think that she would care given everything else but i still don’t think she would’ve ditched the blanket. so those two things and the fact that theyI found the blanket. that was my theory right away. IMO it wasn’t planted. Like ppl keep saying. I think that’s giving them too much credit. I think it’s just a simple as he was almost home and realized he still had the blanket on him.

So then I kept asking myself. Why wouldn’t you have left the blanket there. It was not kept for sentimental value and I kept going nack to why would you not leave it there then. Well bc somehow the blanket would’ve given away the body, because it would’ve flowed away. That is the only thing I can think of for not having left the blanket at the scene or keeping the blanket yourself… The blanket had been a compromised to where they put him. to me that means water so I think Jesse was on his way home from water. Which is At the end of Goodwin Road. There’s tons of water around there and very big deep ditches. I can’t think of any other reason why you wouldn’t have left the blanket specially if you were just gonna throw it… I think he was put in some type of body of water or running water in the blanket would’ve given up potentially
The main reason I go to thinking that theories around the blanket will/are be mostly incorrect is that we are thinking logically. It seems drug use and irrational thinking was a pattern with those 2 adults so I don't think they rationally thought any kind of plan through. I think the punishment went too far and then they panicked to get rid of the body. Tbh the blanket could have been blown by high winds, drug by animal like a dog, buried and due to weather came into sight, and so on. Rationally thinking - which those two likely weren't - I think it is likely they wrapped Elijah's body in the blanket and it came loose or was dropped during transport. If at night, then they couldn't find it or totally didn't notice if they were high.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back