AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

<modsnip: copyright>

“I want the truth,” she said bluntly. “You’re not going to find it on the internet, you’re not going to find it on the streets, you’re going to find it right here, where the facts are. With law enforcement doing their job and doing what they need to do, this is where you’re going to find out. I need to be here.”

Last edited by a moderator:
“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
~ Emily Dickinson

This is such an incredibly sad journey for the searchers and for all of us following this adorable small child’s tragic story. Elijah has captured our hearts.

I feel like Elijah was born under a dark star and I'm so angry that, as far as I can see, there was no safety net for him, not the state, not county/city or federal, despite his mother receiving disability aid. I don't know why she had custody of either of her children, given her difficulties as we know them. Not even the extended family seems to have been able to intervene. To me - and it's JMO - this little boy was already lost, just not gone yet.

Following up on my continuing obsession with Elijah's blanket, since the news of it being found came out.

Sidebar: It has not yet been proven an impossibility that Elijah was abducted, at least not to me. I know it seems unlikely, allegedly triple-locked apartment door and all, but that does not make it impossible, not yet. The location of the blanket only increases my wondering in that regard.

People often walk their dogs using the same route. I realize Two Rivers is a small town in a largely rural area, but even so, it can be common to walk your dog the same way every day. Do we know when Elijah's blanket ended up in the place - not far off Goodwin road, near a dirt path - where the dog-walking woman spotted it the weekend after he was reported missing? We don't know. If she walked her dog the same route everyday, did she just miss it? Even if she walked a new route that day and that's why she spotted it, that doesn't tell us how long it had been there.

Given that the blanket was found within 4 miles of JV's apartment, I have to believe that that area, like all areas within at least a 5-10 mile radius of the apartment, had been searched intensively, probably more than once, during the previous 4 or 5 days. Maybe there was snow cover, sure, but maybe Elijah's banket wasn't there until the day before or the day of discovery and that's why it wasn't found sooner.

If the blanket wasn't there on day 1, then JV and/or KB couldn't have placed it there beause they were both in jail.

I now know, thanks to @WI Vigilante, that it was JV who told the police about Elijah's blanket. I still can't wrap my mind around why he would have said a word about it if he actually knew where it was. I know some people theorize that he deliberately placed it along Goodwin Road in hopes of diverting/misleading investigators, and then intentionally mentioned it to the police to further that deception but I just don't see where he has the smarts for that kind of play.

Others think he realized he'd forgotten about the blanket after disposing of poor Elijah and hastily pulled over to toss it before going home - either between 2:00 and 9:00 p.m. in the now-impounded Nissan sedan the day before or between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. the day of - before finally reporting him missing. In this second example, it's even more improbable to me that he'd tell the police about it. The only way that's even remotely viable, IMO, is if KB had no idea JV killed her boy, whether by accident or design, and JV was afraid she might mention Elijah's blankie to the police.

There were much better ways to destroy that blanket, too, if you think about it.

This part of Wisconsin has some notorious history. Not far north in Manitowoc County, for example, is Avery Auto Salvage, made world famous because of the incredible 2015 docu-series Making A Murderer, about Steven Avery. I mention that only because murderers are among us, pretty much everywhere. Pedophiles are among us, pretty much everywhere. Both sometimes roam distances, looking for prey. Both recognize opportunity when it presents itself. A three-year-old child, wandering alone for even just a few dozen yards, can absolutely attract the wrong kind of attention. They do. Every day.

I guess what I'm thinking is that, if Elijah was grabbed, say 50 yards from Vang's apartment, then the predator wouldn't know where he "lived," if you can call it that. Could have been the night before, could have been the morning of the day he was reported missing. Take the kid, head off to wherever you intend to do your depraved thing, and if that kid's little blanket smells like poop, then just pull over quick along some country road, dump it and keep on driving. In that scenario, Elijah's blanket may have been there all along, which leaves me mystified why it wasn't found sooner.

I can't stand that he has not been found yet. I think he could be anywhere, but I don't think he's alive. I truly hope he's not reduced to being just the one bit of currency these two people plan to spend for a plea deal.

All JMO
Maybe Katrina had the blanket and she planned on keeping it, and she was on her way to TR after she drove to town to meet with investigators and SHE realizes last min of F. And tossed it on a detour. Because I noticed the disconnect with the alert mentioning the blanket too. So whomever threw it didn’t report it. I think. And I’ve always leaned more towards the mom keeping the blanket. So I’d imagine JV dumped it/him. But not if she didn’t know or realize and she was ON HER WAY into town?

MAR 24, 2024
Weather halts search efforts for missing Manitowoc County boy, Elijah Vue.

The 3-year-old's aunt, Linda Vue, has organized search parties since his disappearance Feb. 20. In a post on Facebook, she said recent snowfall canceled Saturday's search. The family previously planned to take Sunday off from searching.

I seriously hope I am proven wrong but I don't think they will find him, least not in the near future. And unless something happens to make them start "bus throwing" I don't foresee Vang or Bauer spilling the beans.
No offense, but I hope you’re wrong, but I’m starting to think the same. What did they do to him? Where is he?

I seriously hope I am proven wrong but I don't think they will find him, least not in the near future. And unless something happens to make them start "bus throwing" I don't foresee Vang or Bauer spilling the beans.
I hope you're wrong, too. I can't bear the thought of that sweet boy becoming one of our forever missing. :( It just boggles my mind because these two do not appear to be criminal masterminds. I can't imagine what they've done to him that they've been able to thwart not only local law enforcement but also the FBI?!?

No offense, but I hope you’re wrong, but I’m starting to think the same. What did they do to him? Where is he?
Absolutely none taken as I too hope I eat crow.
I hope you're wrong, too. I can't bear the thought of that sweet boy becoming one of our forever missing. :( It just boggles my mind because these two do not appear to be criminal masterminds. I can't imagine what they've done to him that they've been able to thwart not only local law enforcement but also the FBI?!?
There's always the chance they did not kill him but handed him off to an unnamed third party that wants him for nefarious reasons. It's kind of a "meme" (so to speak) in true crime discussion to blame a disappearance on human trafficking (especially if the victim is an adult woman) but it does occur. It is probably easier for children to disappear in this manner than adults, especially when their guardians are the ones that sold them out.

If this is the case, Vang & Bauer may fear retribution from a whole 'buncha people who'd be upset their cash flow was disrupted (if they told).

MOO.

I keep going back and forth on this one. It’s rare that we ever see actual “clever” criminals. Occams razor usually proves true in these cases, time and time again. The average criminal we see in these cases aren’t good at covering their tracks/getting away with murder IMO.

When I was telling someone about the case i mentioned the dinosaur shoe being found beside the apartment building. They said “why would they drop that? You’d hear or see it fall. Wouldnt you be extra careful not to drop anything? Was it an accident or on purpose?” I believe because this shoe was dropped between the apartment door and the dumpster, the landfill was searched. Was that a distraction or an accident ..?

Then the blanket. Was it ditched as a distraction or is Elijah near this blanket but was missed by searchers? We know it’s very common for people/things to be missed during searches.

Another thought. I’ve only seen photos so I dont know about water access but with this town being situated beside a gigantic lake, would someone dispose of a body on land?

It’s also very possible that they had help by friends/family. KBs mother said during the court hearing that she did not want KB to make bail because JVs family could help her flee.

All MOO just thoughts and considerations.

Also something that just popped into my head. If JV is still involved in drug dealing(which I don’t know if he is)he may have another pay-as-you-go phone that he could have used. Would there be a way to determine via the cell tower if he did have another cellphone or are you kinda hooped because he is in an apartment building so there are dozens of cell phone in the one area?

MOO

Also something that just popped into my head. If JV is still involved in drug dealing(which I don’t know if he is)he may have another pay-as-you-go phone that he could have used. Would there be a way to determine via the cell tower if he did have another cellphone or are you kinda hooped because he is in an apartment building so there are dozens of cell phone in the one area?

MOO
If they obtained a tower dump of cell data, (think Rex Heuermann/Gilgo Beach case), they can see what phones are pinging together, then see what phones "travel" together to other towers. Neighbors, etc, would not always be pinging the exact same place as Vang's or Baur's known phones, that would help narrow down other phones. Hopefully that makes sense. JMO

If they obtained a tower dump of cell data, (think Rex Heuermann/Gilgo Beach case), they can see what phones are pinging together, then see what phones "travel" together to other towers. Neighbors, etc, would not always be pinging the exact same place as Vang's or Baur's known phones, that would help narrow down other phones. Hopefully that makes sense. JMO
Oh right ! I had forgotten about that. Good call !

There's always the chance they did not kill him but handed him off to an unnamed third party that wants him for nefarious reasons. It's kind of a "meme" (so to speak) in true crime discussion to blame a disappearance on human trafficking (especially if the victim is an adult woman) but it does occur. It is probably easier for children to disappear in this manner than adults, especially when their guardians are the ones that sold them out.

If this is the case, Vang & Bauer may fear retribution from a whole 'buncha people who'd be upset their cash flow was disrupted (if they told).

MOO.

MOO.
This is very hard to think about, but it does happen.

the reward for info is now up to $40,000.00 per this link. Someone knows something. I hope this prompts someone to throw the lowlifes under the bus and contacts LE with info on little man's wherabouts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back