GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

@cathyrusson

CLOSING ARGUMENTS Wednesday morning in WI v. #NikolaeMiu.

Lesser includeds (what jury can consider) for
Count 1: First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Second-degree intentional homicide
First-degree reckless homicide
Second-degree reckless homicide
Counts 2, 3, 4 & 5: Attempted First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Attempted second-degree homicide
First-degree recklessly endangering safety
Second-degree recklessly endangering safety

1712703614672.png

That's quite a spread. JMO the older jurors may empathize with Miu's feeling of being vulnerable due to heart problems.
I believe the older jurors may feel that young men and women should show some respect to their elders. I am older and that is how I was raised but it seems not to be the case these days.

From Stabbing on the Apple River: Defense rests after defendant Nicolae Miu's testimony, so I presume this was a part of NM's testimony/questioning:
Smestad told jurors that Miu stabbed Ryhley Mattison, and then Isaac Schuman as he tried to come to the woman's aid. Video showed Schuman trying to push Miu away, and then the defendant inflicting the fatal wound.
"As he's pushing you, you stab him in the heart," Smestad said.
Did anyone who is watching the streams see this part? This is different than the order I had thought.

Rhyley is already seen, bleeding, by the time AJ is stabbed, so it looks like Rhyley was cut first, somewhere right after NM allegedly hit Madison. Is NM alleged to have stabbed Rhyley a second time? That would shock me. She quickly has a bit of distance between her and NM, and looks like she knows she has been cut, so I can't see her jumping back into the fray to get hurt again.

And I don't recall seeing Isaac anywhere in the video once the physical altercation starts. The one I linked goes to audio after Tony gets between NM and AJ. Has the video of that part been released?

I believe the older jurors may feel that young men and women should show some respect to their elders. I am older and that is how I was raised but it seems not to be the case these days.

True. I am elderly, but have enough sense to just swim away from a bunch of loudmouth drunk brats and call LEO if I feel threatened.

"old man" ? Wasn't he 52 years of age at the time of the incident?

Edit: It appeared he was lying because he wasn't aware the events were being video.
It's only an opinion. Ought have stated that earlier. :)
His appearance, he represents as an old man, not physically fit, in contrast to the inebriated young men there. MOO

True. I am elderly, but have enough sense to just swim away from a bunch of loudmouth drunk brats and call LEO if I feel threatened.
In the video clip I saw, the old guy walks away, back turned to them. The mob jeers and seems to move their tubes and themselves right after him. Their laughs, so wicked and scary.

In the video clip I saw, the old guy walks away, back turned to them. The mob jeers and seems to move their tubes and themselves right after him. Their laughs, so wicked and scary.

Right. We all agree that these juveniles were not acting like respectful, choirboys. That means, leave the vicinity. He was not completely surrounded or unable to leave.

I am curious about a few things, if anyone knows.

Did NM have children? I assume he did not but do not know for sure.

How many hours does it take to tube down the Apple River? It would seem from my past excursions at rivers in FL and TX that most take at least 4 hrs. Judging by how drunk everyone was I assume they were about 3 hrs into it at the point the altercation happend, is that close?

Right. We all agree that these juveniles were not acting like respectful, choirboys. That means, leave the vicinity. He was not completely surrounded or unable to leave.
I never said this old guy was brilliant to begin with. I have zero sympathy for either side .

Is it weird that following this case is making me want to go tubing?

I've never been! I don't think the physical geography of the island Great Britain is suitable for the leisure activity of tubing. :(
Look up "Lazy River". Many hotels and resorts have a lazy river. If you ever find one get in it. Very relaxing. Not as wild as tubing on the river, but will give you a good taste.

DAY 7 – 4/9/24

• Victor Froloff, M.D., who works for the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office, and performed the autopsy on 17-year-old Isaac Schuman took the stand.
    • During Froloff’s testimony, the jury saw graphic autopsy photos. Froloff said Schuman’s cause of death was a stab wound to the left chest, which he measured to have a depth of 4.3 inches.
    • Froloff also testified that toxicology tests showed Schuman’s BAC to be 0.219
    • WATCH: Medical Examiner: Teen Victim’s BAC Was 2.5x Legal Limit
  • Lt. Brandie Hart of the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office, who interviewed Nicolae Miu just a few hours after the incident, also took the stand.
    • The interview video showed Miu give a fairly detailed account of the incident, but it turned out to contain apparent falsehoods and embellishments not borne out in the video evidence.
  • After the State rested, the defense called their final witness, Nicolae Miu. Miu said he feared for his life on the Apple River and insisted he only acted in self-defense

Witness Madison Coen testified about her altercation with #NicolaeMiu, "everything happened so fast." Coen opted out of video and audio recordings but #CourtTV reveals the transcript of her testimony in the #AppleRiverStabbingsTrial.

Is it weird that following this case is making me want to go tubing?

I've never been! I don't think the physical geography of the island Great Britain is suitable for the leisure activity of tubing. :(
Tubing is fun and you can be pulled by a speed boat too, which is w:)w! Good luck staying on!

@arielilane
Thank you for letting us know transcript of what Maddie said is finally available.

1. By now we know there is no photo of any injury on Maddie that was taken or deleted.
2. 1st thing you hear her say on Jahwaon video is... he punched me in the face!- which, does seem odd since this is after he stabbed people.
3. Maddie agreed that both Ryley and Maddie both touched him. (KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF! We were taught this in 80s/90s but not so today. )
4. Grown adults getting left and right mixed up(?) If she knows this why speak confidently? Just say it's easier to show you!? Other witness, Gabby used this same reasoning about confusing left &right.... as grown adults. (Doesn't add up to me) Left hand hit her left side of her face? Nah, cannot buy it.

Prosecution failed to provide any evidence that NM threw the first punch. Strange that of all the witnesses, MC is the one who elected not to testify on camera and not to have her testimony heard.

Court TV purports to have a written transcript of her testimony, however, wherein she stated that NM hit her with his left hand on her left cheek. When it was explained to her that was physically impossible she then stated that she gets her left and right mixed up!

ETA: The investigator who spoke to MC after the incident saw no marks on her face.
I don't know who said that hitting a person on the left with a left hand is physically impossible, however, I can dispute that definitively. One can backhand another with their left hand to the left side of the other person easily, and one can backhand someone to the right side with their right hand. It's very 'physically possible' and happens more than it ought to.

I honestly detest the way that this younger generation 'videos' for fox sake, hold a steady frame and stay focused on what is happening in front of your face! Jmho

4. Grown adults getting left and right mixed up(?) If she knows this why speak confidently? Just say it's easier to show you!? Other witness, Gabby used this same reasoning about confusing left &right.... as grown adults. (Doesn't add up to me) Left hand hit her left side of her face? Nah, cannot buy it.

IKR? Sorry to the locals, but Minnesota schools need to teach this!

He was running toward them....the boys only got physical after he hit a women. Yes, the women grabbed him to get him away from the boys, why not leave...he wanted a confrontation and lied to Maddie that the boys took his mask. Lie number one of many.
Those women had no right to touch him or be in his face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beanmom4ever
Back