Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

Per this timeline, she was rammed, followed by a car, and called her husband around 3:30-4 pm but wasn't carjacked until just before 6 pm. What was happening between 4 and 6 pm? I didn't realize there was such a significant gap in time.

Seems significant.

JMO
I was also surprised by this time gap. I can’t think of any reason for this time gap. Well, a couple of reasons. Definitely significant IMO.

Per this timeline, she was rammed, followed by a car, and called her husband around 3:30-4 pm but wasn't carjacked until just before 6 pm. What was happening between 4 and 6 pm? I didn't realize there was such a significant gap in time.

Seems significant.

JMO
This must be incorrect. It also states she was being rammed 1/2 mile from the intersection she was carjacked from between 3:30-4:00

If it's true that witnesses were hearing gunshots as early as 7:00 p.m., and the Sheriff stated the trip from the East Lake corner to the area where they found her car burning was approximately an hour drive time that time of day....she was basically executed.

Anyone know how long they had been in the Country? What is their Country of origin? Since they have licensed businesses they must be in the US legally. If I missed it; are they American?

MOO

No question in my mind that this was premeditated and targeted. <modsnip: not victim friendly or based on any known facts>

Why was she there? The truth of that is not forthcoming. Neither called 911. That’s a sign right there.

It could be domestic but it’s weird that she was so far from home when this happened. If hubby wanted her dead, it could have happened closer to home and not been advertised. This was so public.

They didn’t want the car. It was not about the car. They wanted her dead.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how long they had been in the Country? What is their Country of origin? Since they have licensed businesses they must be in the US legally. If I missed it; are they American?

MOO

No question in my mind that this was premeditated and targeted. <modsnip: not victim friendly or based on any known facts>

Why was she there? The truth of that is not forthcoming. Neither called 911. That’s a sign right there.

It could be domestic but it’s weird that she was so far from home when this happened. If hubby wanted her dead, it could have happened closer to home and not been advertised. This was so public.

They didn’t want the car. It was not about the car. They wanted her dead.

JMO
Home country is Dominican Republic. Here for 5 years. Became a US citizen. Comments at link
“The perpetrators knew exactly who they were going after,” Lemma said.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIMELINE: Here’s what we know about woman carjacked in broad daylight near Winter Springs​

Below is the timeline of events on April 11.

12 p.m.

Sheriff Dennis Lemma said Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvivas left Homestead just after noon and started driving to Seminole County. Her vehicle was seen driving northbound through Jupiter during her trip.

3:30-4:00 p.m.

Aguasvivas arrives in Seminole County on Interstate 4, according to the sheriff’s office. She stopped to pump gas at a Shell station located just south of State Road 436 and U.S. Highway 17-92 and stayed for approximately eight minutes. Deputies said she left there and drove through Casselberry on Button Road, and continued to drive on back roads until she arrived in the Winter Springs area.

About a half mile before the intersection of East Lake Drive and Tuskawilla Road, Sheriff Lemma says Aguasvivas noticed a green Acura was behind her before it rammed into her vehicle. At that time, her husband told deputies she called him and told him what happened.

“She picked up the phone and called her husband, told her husband that she was being rammed, that there was somebody there that was following her,” Sheriff Lemma said. “The husband provided her with the advice: Don’t stop, don’t stop anywhere.”

Law enforcement is not aware of any reports that Aguasvivas or her husband called 911 for help.

BEFORE 6 p.m.

A witness driving behind Aguasvivas’ white Dodge Durango saw the armed carjacking and recorded cell phone video of the event. It shows a masked man approaching the driver’s window and pointing a gun at her. He then gets into the back seat while the vehicle is still stopped at a red light.

Deputies believe the suspect had gotten out of the green Acura that was following Aguasvivas, Sheriff Lemma said Friday.

Both cars are seen on camera making a U-turn at the intersection.

Lemma said a passenger in the witness’s car called 911 to notify law enforcement.

Detectives suspect Aguasvivas was ordered at gunpoint to turn around again and head southbound on Tuskawilla Road toward the Seminole/Orange County line to Aloma Ave.

“Once they get to Aloma, they make a left. They go all the way across all lanes of traffic so they can get on State Road 417 southbound,” Lemma said. “They drive southbound on 417, likely getting off at the Narcoossee Road exit. They travel the back roads, ultimately turning off onto Boggy Creek Road in Osceola County.”

APPROXIMATELY 7 p.m.

Witnesses in Osceola County reported hearing gunshots and seeing smoke from a vehicle fire. Lemma said the car was badly damaged, and a body was found inside it. Authorities believe it is Aguasvivas.

Per this timeline, it takes 12 minutes (via Google Maps) to travel from the gas station via Button Rd to the intersection of East Lake Drive and Tuskawilla Road. To go South on Tuskawilla Rd, you'd need to go Right at that intersection. Since she was in the turn lane, she had to do a U Turn to get back to that intersection in the proper lane.

I agree, the timeline after the Gas station doesn't make sense. They know the exact time of the intersection abduction due to the 911 call. And they know the exact time of the murder also due to 911 calls. It takes approximately 40 min to get from the Tuskawilla Rd intersection to Boggy Creek Rd off Hwy 417. Say they left the Tuskawilla intersection at 4 pm, that puts them at Boggy Creek Rd at 4:40 if there were no stops. Not sure where they stopped on Boggy Creek Rd, but that gives 2 hours until the neighbors reported shots and smoke from car fire. I shudder to think What occurred in that 2 hour time frame?

Seems significant.

JMO
They are on East Lake when the carjacking happens. The way I’m reading it is that she was being rammed just before that.

They then take off, make a u-turn and continue.
This is around 4pm.
The best bet to google times between stops and travel is during 4pm.
Traffic gets super heavy, and sometimes a 12 min drive turns into good 35-40 min. It’s super busy on those roads at 4.

Any thoughts on why she was driving a car that wasn't hers? Did she have something valuable in the Durango that the abductors wanted? It's gotta be either the victim or the car being targeted. I just can't get over how brazen the folks in the Acura were, brandishing a weapon when the car behind them was close enough to get clear video.

Any thoughts on why she was driving a car that wasn't hers? Did she have something valuable in the Durango that the abductors wanted? It's gotta be either the victim or the car being targeted. I just can't get over how brazen the folks in the Acura were, brandishing a weapon when the car behind them was close enough to get clear video.
IMO they weren't after the 7 year old car.

Seems significant.

JMO
The drive time is roughly 4 hours 15 minutes. I think it was stated she may have stopped in WPB or Jupiter on the way. the 330-4 PM time is too early.

They are on East Lake when the carjacking happens. The way I’m reading it is that she was being rammed just before that.

They then take off, make a u-turn and continue.
This is around 4pm.
The best bet to google times between stops and travel is during 4pm.
Traffic gets super heavy, and sometimes a 12 min drive turns into good 35-40 min. It’s super busy on those roads at 4.
I think we all need to listen to that presser again from WESH News. The sheriff gave a very detailed timeline.

Sometime after noon: Leaves South Florida.
2:00: Is seen in Jupiter heading north.
3:30-4:00 Arriving in Central Florida (prob closer to 4:00 as my son lives there and the distance to downtown Orlando is about 2 hours, especially since he specifically said she traveled downtown and I-4)
Stops at a gas station on 17-92 and stays for about 8 minutes.
She's being rammed 1/2 mile before the intersection of E Lake & Tuskawilla (call to Husband)
5:30: 911 call for carjacking
7:00: Gun shots in Osceloa County.
Sheriff stated that the drive time from kidnapping intersection to where the burned vehicle was found can easily take an hour to travel during that time of day. They had to go all the way down Tuskawilla, to Aloma, to 417 south, all during rush hour traffic into Osceola county, then took back roads to their final destination.

It would also not surprise me if she was told to travel the speed limit at best, so as to not draw attention. May have even taken a bit longer than an hour depending on those back roads the sheriff mentions. I'm not too familiar with Boggy Creek area.

Remember, too, she made a uturn after the carjacking, then went back to the intersection. I'm sure she was told to do this to discourage any of the vehicles behind them from following them. Probably shook the police off by doing this as well.

Apparently the tow truck driver that towed the Acura used in the car jacking was murdered the day before Katherine was.

Thoughts? I wonder if this was some sort of revenge plot?

LE: husband is being cooperative but we believe he knows a helluva lot more than he's telling us.

He told us she was up there to see family. I'm not sure we believe that.

He is not a POI.

Says LE.

Apparently the tow truck driver that towed the Acura used in the car jacking was murdered the day before Katherine was.

Thoughts? I wonder if this was some sort of revenge plot?
Really bizarre. Could this be as simple as a new deputy's wife getting contacted by the family as they were friends, and asking her husband to try and get inside information to Katherine's family? He's only been on the force since 2022.

The killing of the tow truck driver is shocking. Desperate for a vehicle for a homicide. But how reliable is a car that's getting towed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland
Back