IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

This is what I have heard...the murderer came into the store posing as a deliveryman. When the manager called the Orland Park store about 10 miles away to confirm it, they said there was no scheduled delivery. What happened after that, nobody knows except that the 6 women were not in the store all at once. He took each one as they came in and ordered them into the back room, where the others were being held. The one woman who called 911 had a bluetooth in her ear, dialing 911 from however you do that. I guess you don't have to have the phone in your hand (I'm not familiar with bluetooth technology).

Dryad, thank you for the info! That is so bizarre. If this was just a robbery, why make a point to gather up more witnesses? Was he waiting for someone in particular?

Tinley Park Police and firefighters have been searching for clues near the strip mall where the murders took place last Saturday. There are a number of police cars there at an exit ramp, and apparently they are carefully walking along that exit ramp, side by side, looking for evidence.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5945535

More info at the below link. And still no sketch released:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/15256860/detail.html?dl=mainclick

(snips)
The gunman, still at large, shot the manager Rhoda McFarland twice and also shot five other women with a .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun, according to a law enforcement source
Members of the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, who are handling the case, said they believe the killer hatched a plan to take control of the store on Feb. 2 and rob any woman who entered.

The victims were held at gunpoint and taken to the rear of the women's clothing store at 191st Street and Harlem Avenue, where they were bound with duct tape and their heads covered, the source said.
The SouthtownStar, a suburban newspaper, filed for the release of Tinley Park police's 911 tapes under the Freedom of Information Act, but was denied because the investigation is ongoing.

I stil don't understand why NO COMPOSITE YET?? What is taking so long??:bang: I mentioned this yesterday in my post that I had heard about the bluetooth and the call to 911 this article says the same thing.

911 call enraged gunman
Police insist investigation is not stalled

<<<SNIP>>>>

February 8, 2008
BY FRANK MAIN and ANNIE SWEENEY Staff Reporters
Police are investigating whether the robber who killed five woman and wounded a sixth at a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park shot them after catching the store manager making a 911 call on her cell phone, police sources said today.

One of the slain women, store manager Rhoda McFarland, made the 911 call from the back room Feb. 2 after she and the other five women were bound with duct tape, the source said.

Investigators have been awaiting tests on physical evidence found on the scene.

First shooting victim laid to rest

Profiler: 'He's still very dangerous'

Survivor: 'Bravest women I've ever met'
At least some of the women were found with panties over their heads, sources said.

The killer heard an emergency dispatcher speaking to McFarland, became enraged and started shooting the women in the head, one source said today.

A 33-year-old store employee survived the ordeal with a wound to the neck and is now in protective custody. She has described the events leading to the shootings and provided a description of the killer, who entered the store near 191st and Harlem about 10 a.m. posing as a deliveryman, law enforcement sources said.

The man ordered the women into the back room, bound them with duct tape and put them face down on the floor, sources said. The other victims included customers Connie Woolfolk, Jennifer Bishop, Sarah Szafranski and Carrie Hudek Chiuso. The intent of the killer was to keep robbing people as they came into the store,” one source said.
More at site...............
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/784392,tinley020808.article

IMO, there's more to this story than we're being told.
5 women lost their lives and the mass murderer needs to be caught. LE has a fairly well detailed description of the perp, so what's the hold up?

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5946860

Suburban Chicago police said a crime lab was evaluating "a large quantity" of evidence collected in water searches and at the scene of a Lane Bryant clothing store where five women were fatally shot and a sixth was injured.
Dive teams searched frozen ponds and streams for two days looking for potential evidence in the Feb. 2 shootings and attempted robbery in suburban Tinley Park, according to a statement released Saturday by Tinley Park Police Cmdr. Rick Bruno (more at link)

I am wondering if LE knows exactly who the killer is and that is why there has been no sketch released. The killer is considered very dangerous, and if he is aware they are looking for him he may be triggered into violence again. Maybe he is hiding out with a girlfriend and children; or is in an environment where there could be potentially more casualties if they attempt to nab him and they are afraid to trigger him. They could be waiting until they can get him to just come out without putting others at risk or are working on a method to extract him from where he is.

"Van Zandt added, "If he feels that anyone is in a position to help police catch him, he will kill again, even if it is his girlfriend, or a relative or someone else close to him."
Link to article FBI profilers of the case:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/tinley.park.funeral.2.648373.html

To me it sounds like they know more too because of the way they keep saying things like 'he will kill again even if it's his girlfriend..etc etc.. How come they never say that about other murder cases..That comment has came up a few times now and it just seems strange to me.

To me it sounds like they know more too because of the way they keep saying things like 'he will kill again even if it's his girlfriend..etc etc.. How come they never say that about other murder cases..That comment has came up a few times now and it just seems strange to me.

Do they say that because they figure he thinks he doesn't have anything to lose at this time by killing again? I can't believe he hasn't been caught yet, or at least given a name. :mad:

I believe someone mentioned it before, but it was my first thought upon seeing this sketch. Until then I assumed it was definitely a male they were looking for. Yet the facial features appear more female than male. If her description is accurate then it makes me wonder.

They do look effeminate in the sketch; maybe he is just younger looking with a baby face and shaves, though. I do have to say, that that one braid with beads is out of place completely and i wonder if he just added it on to throw people off during his crime spree.

IMO, the sketch looks like hundreds of men.
I'd venture to guess the first thing he did was cut off his braid with the beads on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back