Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were standing over the girls laying down, it could be hair or sweat. Or they had grabbed them at one point. They most likely were at very close range or up against the skin for the shot under the chin.

So now Farrow is saying she did finally see the body because she talked about moving the cloth and looking at the different wounds. I guess Greta asked better questions than Nancy did. Anyone know how long it takes Greta to post her transcripts?

I have spent the last hour or so trying to catch up on this horrible case. Those poor girls! I just can't believe gunshots were not heard since the crime scene is so close to the house. I can see a scenario where someone who knows one or the other of the girls, and who wants them dead, would be willing to become familiar with their routine, visit the area during the hours of the routine, and "surprise" the girls. At this point, I can see even a single person pulling a weapon and firing rapidly so that they were immediately incapacitated. Rapid change of weapons would allow for the secondary shots, even from the same shooter. I would be willing to bet that the leg/arm wounds were initial and the under the chin wound was delivered at close range - perhaps by the same person. If a single person committed this crime, they knew the child intimately, and they wanted at least one of them dead. What better way to make it look random than to kill a friend at the same time; and use two weapons??

OK....I just read my post, and I have to immediately ask forgiveness to the family of these girls. You just have to think family in these cases becasue we see it over and over and over. This crime doesn't "feel" right to me for a random killing, but it sure doesn't have the usual marks of "missing persons report", etc. of a targeted killing. I am just confused!

It sounds like the reporter was talking about previously to me since he mentioned fingerprints, too. (which I find very interesting)

Thanks, Suzi. I tell you, after listening to the grandmother...I am just stunned. Poor thing has to be still in shock.

Suzi, as usual you Rock!!! I have to get some sleep now, but will check it all out tomorrow. Thanks again!

SS, those girls were left by the side of the road like garbage. I can't imagine the family members will ever be the same again.

Hey Reannan, my sleuthing twin sister! I missed seeing you at WS.

YW Evelyn.

You are right, Suzi. Bless their hearts. I hate that the last horrific image of those beautiful girls will be burned in their memories forever. Breaks my heart to even think about it.

I am reposting this timeline map from the last thread:

http://newsok.com/article/3255986/?print=1

Refresh my memory, did the person who saw the girls before the shooting, see the other vehicle????

After looking at that map and seeing just how close the bodies were to the home, I think the murderer(s) definately knew the girls. That's why they were shot so many times.
Someone wanted to make sure those little girls were dead.

I hope they make an arrest while I am sleeping.

Refresh my memory, did the person who saw the girls before the shooting, see the other vehicle????

At todays presser, IIRC, the spokesman said he'd rather not discuss that.

SS, Greta doesn't post transcripts. That has always been a wish of mine about her show because IMO she always asks the best questions.

I have really been thinking of the grandfather alot and my heart aches for him so bad that a few times i'm sitting here in tears. I don't need to google ''gunshot to the face'' to imagine what kind of horror that grandpa had to see. This crime really baffles my mind. Two innocent girls taking a walk in the country... I'm really beginning to hate this world.

I haven't posted since yesterday - my there was a lot of catching up to do!

I just wonder if the killers were from out of the area, although LE seems to think not. Obviously, the killers had their guns ready for something. I'm of the opinion the girls saw something. Maybe the killers DID get off a main highway and were just looking for a random place to kill someone already in their car. Maybe the person yelled for help, and the girls saw/heard it. It appears the killers did a U-turn, which could also also indicate they didn't know where the road ahead went.

Could the bridge have been a landmark place for something? Yes, it's out of the way, but with today's technology, it's not that difficult to locate... GPS... Google...

I think LE are saying that they think they are local because they have a suspect. Or maybe I am just hoping that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak