Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, Suzi? To me, it is absolutely a shot to finish her off without any doubt. Ergo..insurance shot. Under the chin and upwards is an execution shot.

I wondered if she meant spray of bullets too but not knowing the terminology said spread.

I know DD now mostly carry 9mm's but what's up with the.22? I had a friend whose exbf was a dd and they put three bullets in his head with a .22 and he lived. Maybe that is significant. A code to them of some sort?

A semi automatic would do exactly what was described. It would be interesting to know which guns made which shots. Such as was the same gun used at close range for the head shots. And a different gun made the body shots.

Wow. Skyla's grandmother just described the shots on her. One in the arm, one near the collarbone, some in her legs, and one under the chin which came out the top of her head. (This was on Greta just now which means we will have the transcript later.) She said she moved the cloth they had on her to see for herself when she arrived with the father (James) to the scene.

She also said that Skyla's mother was driving to the house when she saw the grandfather waving his arms to flag her down a quarter of a mile up the road...indicating she was coming from the South and was at their driveway.

Very interesting! The spokeswoman on Nancy Grace did NOT want to reveal the angle of the shots.

Hmmmm, the shot under the chin through the head doesn't sound like an insurance shot to me. Unless the bullet entered through the top and out the chin.

Isn't that how most people commit suicide though? The bullet travels, and sorry explodes through the jaw, sure to leave a large exit wound in the back of the head?

If you want to ensure someone is dead, either yourself or someone else, a shot to the chin angled upward is a guarantee. That's why I think this shot was the last one and done when Skyla was already on the ground, lying face up. You stand over the body, perpendicular with the knees and shoot 45 degrees to the ground aiming at the chin. Sorry for the graphic description.

Were they handled then, or maybe spat upon afterwards.

It does sound like the leg wounds might have been at a distance, to stop the girls in their tracks. It does sound like they were definitely facing the shooters though, which means they had to turn around or the shooters came from the south.
They have already said the girls were shot in the front. I assume they were facing the other side of the road (East) and the shooters who were near or in the vehicle.

Why, Suzi? To me, it is absolutely a shot to finish her off without any doubt. Ergo..insurance shot. Under the chin and upwards is an execution shot.

It could be. I just don't think of an insurance shot being from under the chin. I think of them as back of the head, behind the ear or forehead.

I would have to assume that grandfather called for his wife to come with the gauze and blankets which Skyla's grandmother mentioned. Remember...he was still in trying to save them mode.

Yes, she did say the mother mentioned the shots to the legs.

I thought the grandfather only called 911? Call the grandmother for gauze and blankets? I do not remember reading that at all and it would have disturbed the scene. I believe he kept people away from the scene, if I remember correctly, until LE arrived.

I apologize if I missed that info. Have a link? TIA!

Isn't that how most people commit suicide though? The bullet travels, and sorry explodes through the jaw, sure to leave a large exit wound in the back of the head?

If you want to ensure someone is dead, either yourself or someone else, a shot to the chin angled upward is a guarantee. That's why I think this shot was the last one and done when Skyla was already on the ground, lying face up. You stand over the body, perpendicular with the knees and shoot 45 degrees to the ground aiming at the chin. Sorry for the graphic description.

I really have no clue. Just not familiar with that angle with executions. God, I hope those little girls didn't experience what I bolded.

I assume they were facing the other side of the road (East) and the shooters who were near or in the vehicle.

Why the need for a U-turn then if the girls were facing east? A simple drive by is good enough, except if they did approach from the north and know that Taylor lived to the south; they wouldn't want to risk passing by the house and getting recognized.

I assumed they were going south and had to turn 180 back toward the shooters. But, I see that your supposition is a good one too.

It just shows how much of our own bias we take into these posts.

It will be on Greta's transcripts here in a bit. Skyla's grandmother said there was a piece of gauze covering the wound on her arm and sort of a blanket or cloth was covering her body when she saw it.

I only assume it could be where the gauze and a cloth came from. Where else if not from Taylor's grandmother's house and the grandmother since the grandfather didn't leave that we know of?

Very interesting! The spokeswoman on Nancy Grace did NOT want to reveal the angle of the shots.

Yeah, I heard that as well. Very interesting. It would great to hear what the angles were. And, how close the shots were.

It will be on Greta's transcripts here in a bit. Skyla's grandmother said there was a piece of gauze covering the wound on her arm and sort of a blanket or cloth was covering her body when she saw it.

I only assume it could be where the gauze and a cloth came from. Where else if not from Taylor's grandmother's house and the grandmother since the grandfather didn't leave that we know of?

Skylar's mother came upon the scene just after Taylor's grandfather found the bodies. She called Skylar's grandparents. By the time they got there, paramedics were already there, hence gauze, etc.

Why the need for a U-turn then if the girls were facing east? A simple drive by is good enough, except if they did approach from the north and know that Taylor lived to the south; they wouldn't want to risk passing by the house and getting recognized.

I assumed they were going south and had to turn 180 back toward the shooters. But, I see that your supposition is a good one too.

It just shows how much of our own bias we take into these posts.
The fact their bodies ended up in the weeds on the side of the road tells me they fell backwards if they were shot in the front meaning they had to be facing east. If not, they would have ended up in the road. They were left where they fell according to LE.

Maybe Sklya's grandmother was there until all was clear for her to be able to identify the body or to be allowed to look at the little girl. If the clothes were not in place and the wounds were so visible it must have been after the girls were checked to see if they could be saved.

Skylar's mother came upon the scene just after Taylor's grandfather found the bodies. She called Skylar's grandparents. By the time they got there, paramedics were already there, hence gauze, etc.
Ah, thanks! Guess I missed that part. I was probably in shock at what she was saying about then. Wow again. Guess that cat is out of the bag for LE now.

Then, given that scenario, what DNA would be on the girl's bodies?

It is strange that the scenario you describe could have probably been seen from Taylor's house (when standing in the street) IF the raw video shown today was from Taylor's house. You could see in the distance the white truck which looked to be about the distance the bodies were from the house.

Also, with your scenario, you are assuming the girls were standing on the side of the road when all shots were fired, including the head shot. That would have to be a fairly low riding car, or the shot would have to be from a distance to go through Skyla's chin and out her skull.

Maybe Sklya's grandmother was there until all was clear for her to be able to identify the body or to be allowed to look at the little girl. If the clothes were not in place and the wounds were so visible it must have been after the girls were checked to see if they could be saved.

You're right, tv.

FARROW: Well, Sunday afternoon. My daughter was the second person to arrive on the scene. And the daddy of Taylor wouldn't let her near Skyla. And she called us at our home, and we flew over there to see about her because we knew something was drastically wrong. So it was Sunday afternoon, probably 5:20.

and

FARROW: Actually, I didn't see her. I'd seen her body. Her body was covered. And I never got any closer than 50 feet to her. They wouldn't let me any closer.
So I knew they were there. I knew where they were laying. The girls were five feet apart from each other. So I knew that whoever killed them, it had to be more than one person. There's no way they could have had time to put one gun up and grab another gun and shoot the other girl without her running at least 25 feet away.
So I knew that it had to be two people that killed them. But they wouldn`t let me close enough to her.
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/

That makes more sense, completely. Paramedics trying to do their job. Thanks, Steadfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak