Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
No only that her death was a homicide. No info about how or if a weaon was used or anything.

MANNER: Homicide

Choices are:
- Homicide
- Suicide
- Natural Causes
- Accident
- Undetermined/Unknown

CAUSE: Info not released to the public yet

Examples are:
- blunt force trauma
- GSW (gunshot wound)
- stabbing
- asphyxiation
- strangulation
- overdose
- poisoning

And if he thought maybe she went to the gym instead of going for a run, why was her car still at the house?

At the gym I belong to in Raleigh, I know of several that run from 5 points area to it (Seaboard) and workout at the gym, then run home.

According to Mapquest, it's under 2.5 miles from the house to the gym. I've never walked/run in that area, so I have no idea how friendly the terrain would be for someone going on that route. I know many have said that Holly Springs Rd. is not runner friendly.

Just wanted to point out that not everyone drives to the gym. Someone at Lifetime should be able to verify if he came in to check on her. Perhaps they would remember his demeanor as well.

Topsail Girl, Heather Metour has lived at [address deleted] since 2-2-2007. Her ex, Scott Heider, now lives in Raleigh near Lake Johnston (or is it Johnson?). If someone is sueing her for "alienation of affection", and the other party wins, Heather may be moving on from that house! Her name is mud around here already.

It really bothers me that someone would post this woman's exact address where she lives right now. That is just wrong, IMO, and her current address has nothing to do with the case. . Would you consider deleting or editing your post?

ruflossn,

They keep the cause of death quiet so that if someone in an interview (interrogation) slips up and says the way she was killed, there are only a couple of ways they could have that information. Either they did it, or they have talked to the person that did it.

You take out a home equity loan b/c if your total home value is greater than your mortgage plus the amount of the loan, then you can deduct that interest as well as your mortgage interest. LOTS of people--not in financial trouble--do this.

See, this is EXACTLY the type of stuff I've been trying to say, on Brad says Nancy exaggerated,(embellished, guess it's an MBA size word for liar,:crazy:) and her friends said he did this and that,

THEN some people seem to believe Brad over the friends. Well, we know they were planning a going away party and changed it to something else. Of course Brad's explanation is they decided to work it out.

The friends said he played mind games with her by changing the rules on her. We've seen it by various friends in their affidavits, on a number of separate occasions.

Yet, many people believe him because he said it under oath.

But it still comes back for me anyway, Nancy is dead, Brad survived. I think she had a reason to be afraid of him and her MURDER is the {proof}!

JMHO
fran

Fran, I haven't said I don't believe the friends. I believe they are conveying what Nancy told them. Most of their statements are "Nancy told me this and Nancy told me that". I have been trying to objectively look at both sides of it. As I've said time and time again, Brad has put so much stuff in his affidavits/rebuttals that can either be confirmed or refuted.

Carolinalady...I agree with your post

Fran:
Just because Nancy is dead and Brad is alive doesn't mean he killed her.

Fran, I haven't said I don't believe the friends. I believe they are conveying what Nancy told them. Most of their statements are "Nancy told me this and Nancy told me that". I have been trying to objectively look at both sides of it. As I've said time and time again, Brad has put so much stuff in his affidavits/rebuttals that can either be confirmed or refuted.

I know that when I get aggrivated with my husband I tend to over exagerate about his dumbassedness. :crazy:

In all the affidavits of NC's friends / family, has anyone seen a statement that says the person swearing to these things PERSONALLY gave Nancy Cooper money so she could buy food / clothes, etc?

I recall they all said "she was borrowing money from friends / family because Brad wouldn't give her enough to feed the children" etc. Assuming the signers of the affidavits are her "friends and family", shouldn't one of them have said "on more than one occasion, I have Nancy Cooper $200" Perhaps you wouldn't remember $20 - but really - if you had to give someone money to feed their kids that went to private preschool, drove a pair of BMWs and lived in Lochmere, wouldn't it stand out in your mind? And - they all made it sound so horrible, that I have to think it would have been more than $20 if it was a matter of eating or not, etc.

Guess I'll have to go back and look.

In all the affidavits of NC's friends / family, has anyone seen a statement that says the person swearing to these things PERSONALLY gave Nancy Cooper money so she could buy food / clothes, etc?

I recall they all said "she was borrowing money from friends / family because Brad wouldn't give her enough to feed the children" etc. Assuming the signers of the affidavits are her "friends and family", shouldn't one of them have said "on more than one occasion, I have Nancy Cooper $200" Perhaps you wouldn't remember $20 - but really - if you had to give someone money to feed their kids that went to private preschool, drove a pair of BMWs and lived in Lochmere, wouldn't it stand out in your mind? And - they all made it sound so horrible, that I have to think it would have been more than $20 if it was a matter of eating or not, etc.

Guess I'll have to go back and look.

I don't recall anyone saying they gave her money. I did see a few instances where her friends asked her to come stay with them.

another thing bothering me is the purse in the car. For someone who supposedly slept with her keys in her pants pocket and had to lock herself in her room at night, it seems quite odd that her purse would be left in the car. So I have been trying to think up a scenario for this...here's one...and I know another one was posted yesterday? I think?

Maybe the killer saw nancy getting in to her car and grabbed her? But if that's the case, someone in the neighborhood would have seen her right? Maybe not. it was early in the morning on a Saturday.

I don't know...just thinking out loud or I guess in type.

I'm not (yet) convinced that she was sleeping in a locked BR at night. I know it said it in one of the affidavits, but that doesn't mean it's true. Everyone is assuming that is so and then trying to figure out why her phone wasn't by her side and/or her purse.

We really don't know exactly where she slept the night before AND we don't know her movements when she came home from the party, whether she went to sleep that night or not...

All we know is that her purse was removed from her car by CPD and we assume her phone was in the car too (but that hasn't been confirmed).

Sorry, I guess I said it wrong. I wasn't talking about YOU, but 'other' people have automatically assumed whatever Brad said is true because it's in an affidavit and can be checked for truthfulness. AND the friends are going on hear-say from Nancy.

I guess I should watch my quote button. ;)

:blowkiss:

fran

I'm not (yet) convinced that she was sleeping in a locked BR at night. I know it said it in one of the affidavits, but that doesn't mean it's true. Everyone is assuming that is so and then trying to figure out why her phone wasn't by her side and/or her purse.

We really don't know exactly where she slept the night before AND we don't know her movements when she came home from the party, whether she went to sleep that night or not...

All we know is that her purse was removed from her car by CPD and we assume her phone was in the car too (but that hasn't been confirmed).

ayup! That's why I said supposedly. we don't know for certain any of that stuff. :)

was brad a salaried staff employee of cisco or an independant contractor who worked out of the cisco office (like microsoft employees) who file 1099s?

for independent contractors, the aim is to lower the taxed figure by claiming
legal, legitimate deductions.

maybe brad's tax return reflected that.
maybe he hid money in offshore accounts.
$285,000 is a very hefty bonus.

did that come in december the year that he threatened suicide? maybe he felt like he didn't want to give up half that bonus in a divorce.

he may have started moving around to conceal from nancy after there was mention of divorce.

He is a salaried employee of Cisco. He nabbed the Amex account so his bonuses came quarterly. So split that 285k up in 4 payments that year.

Carolinalady...I agree with your post

Fran:
Just because Nancy is dead and Brad is alive doesn't mean he killed her.

Well, ya got me there KTaylorsc! ;)

Kinda' like just because he was a cheater doesn't make him a murderer.
Just because they were going through a divorce, doesn't make him a murderer.
Just because she was afraid for her life, with him, doesn't make him a murderer.

Yeah, good point. EXCEPT, the odds of him being a murderer go up drastically the moment she was found dead, doncha' think?:eek:

Just sayin'
fran

I do agree the purse in the car is bothersome, though I do admit that I have forgotten my purse and not realized it was in the car until the next morning. And yes, my car keys were in the house, cell phone and purse in the car.

My big thing w/ the sleeping in a locked room w/ the children is that IF Nancy was so fearful of Brad, why in the world would she leave the children with him? We know from the night of the BBQ, Brad went home w/ the children (not sure if Nancy maybe went home, too, to put the girls to bed) and Nancy was at the BBQ until midnight or so. It sounded like this was a regular thing from her friends' affidavits.

I love my children more than anything and if I had any reason to think my husband my do me or them harm, I certainly would NEVER leave them alone w/ him.

Well, ya got me there KTaylorsc! ;)

Kinda' like just because he was a cheater doesn't make him a murderer.
Just because they were going through a divorce, doesn't make him a murderer.
Just because she was afraid for her life, with him, doesn't make him a murderer.

Yeah, good point. EXCEPT, the odds of him being a murderer go up drastically the moment she was found dead, doncha' think?:eek:

Just sayin'
fran

I get your point and I'm not saying he didn't do it and I'm not saying he did do it. I just simply neet more facts than Nancy's friends recount of what they perceived to have happened by what Nancy told them.

agree to disagree? :)

I do agree the purse in the car is bothersome, though I do admit that I have forgotten my purse and not realized it was in the car until the next morning. And yes, my car keys were in the house, cell phone and purse in the car.

My big thing w/ the sleeping in a locked room w/ the children is that IF Nancy was so fearful of Brad, why in the world would she leave the children with him? We know from the night of the BBQ, Brad went home w/ the children (not sure if Nancy maybe went home, too, to put the girls to bed) and Nancy was at the BBQ until midnight or so. It sounded like this was a regular thing from her friends' affidavits.

I love my children more than anything and if I had any reason to think my husband my do me or them harm, I certainly would NEVER leave them alone w/ him.

VERY good point...

ETA...another example of "Nancy told me..."

ETA (again) Please understand that I am in no way trying to belittle Nancy Cooper or her tragic death. All we have to go on is what she told her friends and what is in Brad's statements. I beleive there is a little of the truth in both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth