WebSleuth Members Assisting TES "Journal" and Support Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
(posting now since we are unlocked)

The thread is locked so I am sending this direct for now. Another suggestion for contact points for supplies would be:

Healthfood, gyms, athletic supply stores: all should have gatorade, powerbars etc that they may be willing to donate and probably not getting as many direct inquiries.

Professional services that don't seem like go to options such as dentist, realtors, car shops, daycares, teachers will often pool together to sponsor something being donated. ie contact them with a "for $50 we can provide the following to the search" "for $100 we can provide"..... they often are willing to help but don't realize how much they could do for a small amount of money.

Has the local distribution companies for pepsi (aquafina) been contacted and asked for a pallet of water?

I am happy to make calls and have experience doing so but I don't want to repeat work or hop in the wrong spot.

When KlaasKids went to search for Amber Harris it was my job to get "stuff" for all the searchers.

The water companies are the best. What I would suggest is two people divide a list of companies and call and ask for donations. Also check with TES to make sure you are not calling the same people.

IF COMPANY DONATES ANYTHING TO THE TES SEARCH I WILL PUT A THANK YOU ON WS WITH THEIR LOCATION, TELEPHONE, WEBSITE, AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY WANT. I will do it in a sponsor thread. We will stick it so it stays at the top.

I live too far away to help search and do not have credit cards but I do want to say a big THANK YOU to all who are donating or helping in any way. All I can do is offer my support by way of prayers and encouragment. You are all so great... THANKS!

WOW great job everyone! lots of ideas and helpers.

My Personal Goal right was gas. However, buying a Gas gift card and having it send will take 3-5 business days.

People from afar are pretty much only going to be able to help by donating $$ to TES. Everything helps though!

They did 20 sq. miles today
wow7xx.gif
wow7xx.gif
wow7xx.gif

A video http://www.wftv.com/video/17361889/index.html

UPDATE:

walmart - if ordering online, it can be shipped to the store but it will take until AT LEAST the end of the week for arrival to the store. it's $15 to ship 1-day but still only has an expected arrival date of 9/5/08-9/9/08. NOT acceptable for how quickly they need things there now.

texaco/chevron - unless bought locally in-store, gas gift cards must be shipped, again taking 3-5 business days AT LEAST. $22 to ship overnight. is that even worth it?

all food restaurants - they have all sent me to corporate offices, who are closed for the holiday.

Walmart donations - sent me to corporate...closed for the holiday.

For those of us not in florida - OUR OPTIONS AT THIS POINT:
1. send our money to a central person, whom we find it trustworthy, who is IN florida and can get gas cards and walmart gifts cards.
2. Donate money to the NFG - TES's donation organization.

I just spoke with Erin a few minutes ago and she said overall that GAS and WALMART gift cards are the best, and NFG.

For those IN FLORIDA:
they need people!!!

UPDATE:

walmart - if ordering online, it can be shipped to the store but it will take until AT LEAST the end of the week for arrival to the store. it's $15 to ship 1-day but still only has an expected arrival date of 9/5/08-9/9/08. NOT acceptable for how quickly they need things there now.

texaco/chevron - unless bought locally in-store, gas gift cards must be shipped, again taking 3-5 business days AT LEAST. $22 to ship overnight. is that even worth it?

all food restaurants - they have all sent me to corporate offices, who are closed for the holiday.

Walmart donations - sent me to corporate...closed for the holiday.

For those of us not in florida - OUR OPTIONS AT THIS POINT:
1. send our money to a central person, whom we find it trustworthy, who is IN florida and can get gas cards and walmart gifts cards.
2. Donate money to the NFG - TES's donation organization.

I just spoke with Erin a few minutes ago and she said overall that GAS and WALMART gift cards are the best, and NFG.

For those IN FLORIDA:
they need people!!!

The only other idea I can think of for gas would be to contact the owner of a local station nearest their operational center there and ask them if they would make arrangements with us for prepayment of gas at their store. This would need a coordination person to handle the money and making sure the gas is going to TES volunteers.

The only other idea I can think of for gas would be to contact the owner of a local station nearest their operational center there and ask them if they would make arrangements with us for prepayment of gas at their store. This would need a coordination person to handle the money and making sure the gas is going to TES volunteers.

I'll go to my local Wal-Mart and get a gift-card, and send it to Erin or Tim at the hotel, if that is okay with Erin. I'll check with her. That way, it doesn't have to be shipped from wal-mart, and I can get a return receipt too, if I want. Might get there quicker?

Hello all, thank you so much for this thread, your prayers, donation efforts and just for being YOU! I was so excited to bump into Gigi2009, baznme, samijean and Drumstick, I heard the word "thread" in conversation and said "hey, are you guys WSers?" and of course there were immediate welcoming smiles and introductions and we instantly declared ourselves "a group".
The turnout was not so great maybe 150-200- if I'm generous- Oh and speaking of generous- can you say THANKYOU GIGI and DH for not just a cooler but a FREEZER TRUCK full of ice!!! Driven from two hours away no less.
we were put in a team of about 12 and sent out with our map, bugspray, waters and walking sticks. It was hot and sticky, thorny, buggy, swampy and vast. We came accross some interesting finds ( I dont know if I'm allowd to mention them - I dont know why not since they were deemed inconclusive- but I too will err on the side of caution untill further notice). At certain points we would stop and Drumstick would say ok "Now, lets think like Casey..." and we would decide if "Miss Priss" would tromp through the extra thorn-bushy areas heaving a lifeless Caylee- not likely we thought. It was difficult to imagine and physically reenact her going through the motions of discarding her child.

We lasted for about a 9 hour day and then went back to the command center. Subway sent sandwiches which were extra yummy (THANK YOU PREGODEGO!!!!)

It was good to meet Tim of TES. He was very insightful and such a hero. Oh! and we did swing by Anthony Central on the way back to CC - We told Fox news to put more announcements out that TES NEEDS HELP!!!! Unfortunately they dont report half as much about the searching as the drama :mad:

So thats my report Im sure the rest of the kids will fill in what I left out - My hubby wants me to join the family now so I must go. Thanks again for the support- I really enjoyed you gals today- God Bless you all . we took a pic with my cell hopefully this works when I post it... maybe it will just be a link...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/socre8tv/wsers.jpg
:blowkiss:

God Bless you guys! I so wish I could be searching with you! I wish I could meet the wonderful, selfish and heartfelt people that have been posting on this board. All for one reason,.. Caylee.

Hi all! You guys are fantastic!

I was not able to search this w/e, but will be out nxt if needed.

I get off work early tomorrow and I live only about 3 miles from TES command center, what can I do to help? I do have a paypal acct if you need to use it and am willing to pick up cards.

The closest gas station is near Wendy's and the Cracker Barrel. The price of gas is very expensive there. It's the first one after you come out of the Airport.

$5.49 GAL

Suncoast Energys
5928 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd (FL-436)

I was so excited to bump into Gigi2009, baznme, samijean and Drumstick, I heard the word "thread" in conversation and said "hey, are you guys WSers?" and of course there were immediate welcoming smiles and introductions and we instantly declared ourselves "a group".
:

Thank all of you for going out there today. I really admire all of your dedication and stamina! I know I only lasted 5 hours the other day so I know what you went through. For those of us who couldnt come out - thank you and everyone from TES from the bottom of my heart. Everyone is really blessed to be a part of this effort. Hugs to you all

Hi all! You guys are fantastic!

I was not able to search this w/e, but will be out nxt if needed.

I get off work early tomorrow and I live only about 3 miles from TES command center, what can I do to help? I do have a paypal acct if you need to use it and am willing to pick up cards.

The closest gas station is near Wendy's and the Cracker Barrel. The price of gas is very expensive there. It's the first one after you come out of the Airport.

$5.49 GAL

Suncoast Energys
5928 Butler National Dr & S Semoran Blvd (FL-436)

Great ! So we could PM you, and get an email address from you, like Tricia asked, so we could PayPal you?

We lasted for about a 9 hour day and then went back to the command center. Subway sent sandwiches which were extra yummy (THANK YOU PREGODEGO!!!!)

So thats my report Im sure the rest of the kids will fill in what I left out - My hubby wants me to join the family now so I must go. Thanks again for the support- I really enjoyed you gals today- God Bless you all . we took a pic with my cell hopefully this works when I post it... maybe it will just be a link...

i would say 'you're welcome' but by the time i got ahold of them they had already sent the platter out! someone else must have called them earlier or they just decided to do it on their own - either way i cheered them on the phone for doing that! :woohoo:

the pic link works, but in the future if you want it to show up here without having to click on it, use the code.

I'm sorry for the circumstances on which you all got to meet, but im SO glad you all got together! Thank you so much for stopping by FOX and for being out there for so long today. It breaks my heart i can't be there.

Hello all, thank you so much for this thread, your prayers, donation efforts and just for being YOU! I was so excited to bump into Gigi2009, baznme, samijean and Drumstick.......

Thanks again for the support- I really enjoyed you gals today- God Bless you all . we took a pic with my cell hopefully this works when I post it... maybe it will just be a link...

What a beautiful photo of 4 beautiful WebSleuthers! Seeing you all together, after your long day of searching, looking as tho you've known each other forever... is just so awesome! Thank you again for all you've done!

And thank you so much for putting the photo up for us all to see just how beautiful you all are! Inside and out!

AND... for those that may be wondering what else can be done...
or those still hesitating...
I made a donation to TES via NFG today and want you to know that it is very fast and very easy to do!

However.... I would still like to make a special donation to our fellow/sister WebSleuth Members who were/will be actually out searching, and to those that worked all day long today making calls and sending emails asking for help and donations... you all have a very special place in my heart today and forever!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

BEFORE SENDING MONEY to anyone's PAYPAL, let me hear back from Joseph Jordan. He is the one that led the search in Jay Blanchard Park a couple weeks ago. Since we know he is credible and is down there, let me hear back from him and we could possible be sending funds to his paypal to buy gas and walmart cards.

I text messaged Erin the shipping prices..just to let her know.

YOU ALL ROCK! Pm me if you need donation! I will give my tele to call.

TY Tricia for coming to check things out!

Thank you searchers and all donating! THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ABOUT!

Just keep swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Pregodego... Did you by chance receive the PM I sent you this afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge