Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

You don't like Baez is working hand in hand with Black on putting on those "faxes"?

Baez hired Black because it looks better coming from a PR firm than from his office.
The publicist is supposed to provide guidance to the client in the best way to position (via wording, media placement etc) the information the client wants to get out to the public, and then convey that information.

Black did his job in getting prime air time on CNN. He fell down on his job by using that media access to make a spectacularly inappropriate statement that is in direct opposition to his client's needs.

I went to a diner. I ordered a ham sandwich. The waitress brought me a ham sandwich. I was quite surprised, I was expecting a cheeseburger. Doesn't the waitress know what I meant? I meant a cheeseburger. All of the other customers who heard me order a ham sandwich all knew I meant a cheeseburger as well. Boy is that waitress dumb.

Haha! I love that! :clap:

OK Now maybe it is just me, but when L. Garrisson makes the other "spokesperson" look intelligent and wellspoken...well...something is seriously wrong with this picture!

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Lanie

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/prime.news/

Prime News on Headline news: 5-7 Eastern Mike Galanos

This may sound crazy, but I distinctly remember this exchange on Tuesday's edition of Prime News. Did CNN start replaying it yesterday? I saw this happen live, because I remember Mike getting all heated with Todd Black, and I wasn't home yesterday during Prime News.

Very interesting that it's all popping up today.

Originally Posted by karenc333
The second thing I'd like to say to the gentlemen. It's very difficult, this is a very serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony. And for a gentlemen to sit on a show, on a national show, and make a remark like.. uh Caylee.. uh uh, what do you call it? Cocktail or whateever he said, uh koolaid, 'Casey Koolaid'.

Again, what he said has been taken out of context. I was very surprised today to see a headline that read "Defense spokesperson: Caylee is indeed dead". Now come on? That is NOT what he said. That is NOT what he meant. He has explained what he said...and again, what he said is being taken out of context. And quite honestly, I would have to agree with Todd Black's statements about the poking fun at this situation. I don't find any humour in it at all. This is a very sad situation regardless of what has happened to Caylee. It is sad not only for Caylee but her family as well and that includes Casey. JMO
It is not only sad for Caylee...it is pathetic!! We are NOT poking fun at this man for stating that Caylee is dead. (We are making fun of him for being stupid enough to say it on national tv tho since he does work for Baez.) We are pointing out that the defense KNOWS Caylee is dead and are preventing her from being found in order to save Casey!! It is wrong on SO many levels.

Black was NOT taken out of context no matter how you want to try to spin it here. He was not responding to a particular comment about her being dead. He said it outright that the case was difficult and proceeded to explain WHY he thought the case was difficult. His thoughts. His words.

Funny statement by Baez ... "you will learn how to respect me and you will learn how to respect my client"

No way JOSE!!!!! Your getting kinda to wrapped up with your client if you ask me. She has only been in jail a couple days & your ready to fight over her...what does your wife have to say about this????

Oh, my! How did I miss that juicy tidbit?

Insider indeed.

:popcorn:
Susan

SNIPPED: "... Black was NOT taken out of context no matter how you want to try to spin it here. He was not responding to a particular comment about her being dead. He said it outright that the case was difficult and proceeded to explain WHY he thought the case was difficult. His thoughts. His words."

ITA here - and his the words "are what they are," as many here have posted already. If your spokesperson can't "get it right," why should the rest of the world believe her? Really. :gavel: :gavel: :gavel:

I wouldn't be surprised if JB makes it even worse either.....and I say...BRING IT ON!
:woohoo:

Baez himself has said and written some things that he probably shouldn't have:

"There is circumstantial evidence of a possible homicide. I will give them that. But circumstantial evidence apparently has not led them, confident enough to charge her with any specific homicide, or kidnapping, or any capital offense."
Snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/16991834/detail.html (7/25/08)

"It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life."
Snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html (10/02/08)

"Certainly, evidence that the very daughter the defendant is accused of having neglected may have been dead in the trunk of the defendant's vehicle is a critical fact in a trial for child neglect."
Snipped from:
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1006/17633458.pdf (10/03/08)

What really is his statement evidence of? He didn't say Jose told me, he didn't say Casey told me. I think Baez will say that the statement is Black's opinion. I think it is evidence to us that Caylee is gone and they know it, but I honestly do not see how this could be admitted in court as evidence of Caylee being dead. Defense will say its an opinion of one person. I don't think Black would ever say that Jose or Casey told him this, but if he does, now that will be something.

First, I want to clarify that I did not mean to imply what TB said IS evidence, I questioned why his statement could NOT be used evidence.

He is close to the case. CAsey has been in JB's office for countless hours over the last few months. Who knows what he may have heard Casey say? If TB heard Casey say Caylee is not alive, either directly in front of him or overhead it said to JB, his account of this could be testimonial evidence, right?
That's why I said the DA's office may want to talk to him to make that determination.

I saw the interview and what Mr. Black said was not taken out of context. His message was simple and clear. In the moment of focusing on making an arguement against the media, Mr. Black simply forgot what he should and shouldn't say.

The context of Mr. Black's statement was that there has been a "loss of the life of a little girl".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203
Back