Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

To anyone who thinks they aren't backtracking:

Todd Black said the comment he made to CNN Prime News host Mike Galanos on Wednesday night was edited and in reference to a comment made by another guest on the show.

"I said that in response to a former law-enforcement officer's joke about Caylee," Black said. "I have made the same comment to others in the last three weeks."

Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not returned calls to the Orlando Sentinel.

Larry Garrison, who represents Caylee Marie's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, said Black's statement was "an inappropriate uninformed comment. We are looking for Caylee alive and setting up a new tip line this week."

It was edited?? You can edit live television?

Todd Black was making the comment to Mike Brooks a regular guest on the NG show. Hopefully Mike will come on NG tonight and verify that it WAS NOT taken out of context. :woohoo:

Baez said:
I normally don't respond to any media reports that are out there.

Having said that, I wanted to respond to the current report that we somehow believe that Caylee is deceased.

We believe Caylee is alive. I have said that from Day one and I continue to say that.

Then he goes into a rip on TB not being a lawyer. Slow news day. yada yada yada

Oh, yeah...he is wearing tap shoes for certain!!

First JB does his best to piss off LE, local media, state attorney and now cnn. Yeah I'd want him for my lawyer. Why doesn't he do the decent thing and step down from this case? He's doing a huge disservice to this family.

Funny statement by Baez ... "you will learn how to respect me and you will learn how to respect my client"

No way JOSE!!!!! Your getting kinda to wrapped up with your client if you ask me. She has only been in jail a couple days & your ready to fight over her...what does your wife have to say about this????

I am sorry JB's wife has to put up with this mess. Can you imagine how she must feel about Casey spending all day every day at his office? It's not like he has other clients to occupy his time.

Just my opinion, but he strikes me as someone who doesn't control his anger well.

Susan

Blah blah blah
Wah Wah Wah
Now he's just rambling, the TV news crews should all walk away at the same time.

Well...he didn't change my opinion on anything with that little presser. Anyone?!

I am surprised he didn't trip on those tap shoes while walking across that busy street...or that they weren't burning his feet after his little song and dance.

Oh, he did give a veiled threat to journalists who have questioned his credentials as far as being qualified by the Florida Bar to represent Casey in this case. He told them to be very careful in what they reported that could affect his business. Said his office would be glad to provide them proof of his credentials.

He also said that there is already a "death penalty" certified lawyer on board.....but didn't want to divulge his name :confused:

wesh.com has live coverage

Wonder of wonders! I actually was able to listen to it. My computer is sooooooooooo slow, it takes forever to load screens. Hopefully that is soon to change, or I'll go nuts!

After listening to it ... Hey, Jose! What's new? I think almost any WSer could have written that speech for him, except for threatening the media.

It sounded like he finished the conference by saying "I have no more questions." Did I hear that correctly? (Probably not.)

Who is the scowly-owly faced guy standing in back of JB during that PC? Bodyguard? Please tell me he isn't an attorney.

He also said that there is already a "death penalty" certified lawyer on board.....but didn't want to divulge his name :confused:

If that is the case, the name will soon become a matter of public record.

Baez: Report ‘Inaccurate’

Update at 2:15 p.m.: Attorney Jose Baez emphasized that he believes Caylee Marie Anthony is alive. “I want to make it as clear as possible…we believe Caylee is alive. I’ve said that from Day 1,” Baez said outside his Osceola County office during a news conference that just ended.

~snip~

Baez criticized the media, agreeing with Black that the quote was in response to someone else’s joke and was taken out of context.

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

We have already proven that wasn't true. Keep talking, Baez!!!

I thought the mods had already merged them!! DOH! I wondered why no one was responding a minute ago. LOL

I've been reporting to the mods the need to merge them since before the presser since we all suspected it'd be about TB's comments....

Baez: Report ‘Inaccurate’

Update at 2:15 p.m.: Attorney Jose Baez emphasized that he believes Caylee Marie Anthony is alive. “I want to make it as clear as possible…we believe Caylee is alive. I’ve said that from Day 1,” Baez said outside his Osceola County office during a news conference that just ended.

~snip~

Baez criticized the media, agreeing with Black that the quote was in response to someone else’s joke and was taken out of context.

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

We have already proven that wasn't true. Keep talking, Baez!!!
I wonder how long it will take Baez to realize how much of the news coverage of his press conference will include either the quote made by Black, or direct links to the voice recording.

Nice way to kill the story, Jose. You would have done better for your client by simply having your spokesman issue another one of those AOL faxes saying that he'd misspoken. Now his words are going to get far more coverage than they would have otherwise.

Smooth move!

It sounded like he finished the conference by saying "I have no more questions." Did I hear that correctly? (Probably not.)

<snip>

LOL No, you heard right....he did say it BUT I didn't take it "out of context." ;) It was quite clear he meant "No more questions."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back