2008.11.06 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've lost track of the original question that Nancy posed to him tonight, which was, why Nejame didn't return Nancy's call the very first night about the dress in question.

Remember that her phone call was before Cindy went on air with Caylee's dress. At the time of Nancy's call, that night, it wasn't Nejame's place to discredit that dress - he is not involved in the case, and the dress in question pertained to that case.

The next morning, after Nancy's phone call to Nejame, Cindy appeared on TV with the dress. She can legally involve herself with the dress and show the world that she was still in possession of it, discrediting the found/planted dress.

Nejame, due to the fact that he's not on the Casey/Caylee case, can't interfere by going on National TV, or Nancy's phone and inject himself in the Casey/Caylee case.

He did the right thing as a very educated, experienced Attorney, Nejames doesn't insert himself in cases where he has no place.

Respectfully, I completely disagree with your take on what is being said here.

Nejame represents CA and, as I mentioned in a post above, to which you have yet to respond, he doesn't have any retainer agreement limiting his representation in the narrow fashion that you are suggesting.

THE REALLY IMPORTANT PART is that although it's not his "place" to discredit evidence that the state or defense may rely upon, he does have a duty to his client, CA, to make sure she doesn't unnecessarily involve herself in the criminal matters to which she is not a party. If his client went on national tv, he darn well should have been consulted. The fact that he obviously was not shows a deep disconnect between attorney and client.

You've lost track of the original question that Nancy posed to him tonight, which was, why Nejame didn't return Nancy's call the very first night about the dress in question.

Remember that her phone call was before Cindy went on air with Caylee's dress. At the time of Nancy's call, that night, it wasn't Nejame's place to discredit that dress - he is not involved in the case, and the dress in question pertained to that case.

The next morning, after Nancy's phone call to Nejame, Cindy appeared on TV with the dress. She can legally involve herself with the dress and show the world that she was still in possession of it, discrediting the found/planted dress.

Nejame, due to the fact that he's not on the Casey/Caylee case, can't interfere by going on National TV, or Nancy's phone and inject himself in the Casey/Caylee case.

He did the right thing as a very educated, experienced Attorney, Nejames doesn't insert himself in cases where he has no place.

No I didn't lose track of the original question. If MN is a "very educated,experienced attorney" then he should have contacted his client when NG called him about the dress and if they were able to discredit it then he should have issued a statement instead of allowing his client to go off on a rant on national tv

Now the dress found may or may not be part of the case against KC but he does have an obligation to his client and part of that obligation is to keep her from looking like a wingnut

Had he done his job of representing his clients he would have contacted the OCSO to let them know the A's were in possession of the dress in question,issued a statement on behalf of the A's and he would have kept CA off the airwaves

So, the dress in CA possession wouldn't be considered evidence for the defense?

:)

Remember that the Defense doesn't have to prove anything or show any "evidence" - the State has to prove their case.

And JFYI, nothing is considered "evidence" until it is logged in the court.

But remember that if the defense wants to be able to rebut anything the prosecution does prove beyond a reasonable doubt (and there will be a plenty of that in this case) the defense will have to prove whatever it wants to offer up (eg, this is what is done if defense needs to prove an alibi for Casey the time/day Caylee died, etc.)

Just out of curiosity, if this gag order goes into effect, woud that also cover members of the famiy posting on the internet, like myspace, or under annonymous names in forums?

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Mark NeJame is one of the highest rated (AV) attorneys in the Orlando area and has tried literally thousands of cases. I think his smooth demeanor and self-assuredness could win a case without trying to shout someone down in a courtroom.
Perhaps, but he shouldn't allow himself to be baited then either.

I am impressed with all the husbands that are aware of what is going on with NG's show. There is something about her, it is like husband repellant in my house. A millisecond of her voice and he flees the room:laugh: (I keep an episode or two on Tivo just in case I need it ;))

Too funny!!! My husband runs for his office if I even think about putting her on in his company (oh well...:run: faster man, faster!!) One night I'm watching after he ran from the room, and NG says ''our next caller is MMB from the desert, go ahead MMB'' MMB-Too starts talking and this woman sounded just like me!! 2 seconds into her question dh pops his head out of his office "Is that you!?? Did you call her?" So they may deny, deny, deny all they want, my dh may be in another room, but he's still listening!! I laughed so hard at him he shut the door when he went back into his office!!!!

Remember that the Defense doesn't have to prove anything or show any "evidence" - the State has to prove their case.

And JFYI, nothing is considered "evidence" until it is logged in the court.

Well before I waved it all over the tv like a raving nut I would have first spoke with my attorney and my daughters attorney to see if maybe this dress would have helped the daughter who has been accused of murdering her precious child. CA should have asked someone will the intelligence to guide her rather than stepping out on her own as she has done repeatedly to the detriment of her daughter and grand daughter. I am not an attorney so I don't know all the rules of evidence, my kids haven't been charged with murder so I'm not exactly sure how all of it works. I just thought MN should have commented on it since CA is his client and she was waving the dress on tv like an american flag.IMHO.

Can't you just see them in a courtroom together? Poor man would be in tears by the time she got through with him!

Trials aren't really directed attorney to attorney though. Attorneys speak to witnesses and the judge/jury - they do NOT directly address each other. (which makes sense, since they aren't each other's real audience. ;) )

Just out of curiosity, if this gag order goes into effect, woud that also cover members of the famiy posting on the internet, like myspace, or under annonymous names in forums?
Good question...how would they be able to police THAT?!

yes, why are they doing that?

No I didn't lose track of the original question. If MN is a "very educated,experienced attorney" then he should have contacted his client when NG called him about the dress and if they were able to discredit it then he should have issued a statement instead of allowing his client to go off on a rant on national tv

Now the dress found may or may not be part of the case against KC but he does have an obligation to his client and part of that obligation is to keep her from looking like a wingnut

Had he done his job of representing his clients he would have contacted the OCSO to let them know the A's were in possession of the dress in question,issued a statement on behalf of the A's and he would have kept CA off the airwaves

:)

Tim does not believe the dress is relevant. I completely forgot about it until MN brought it up, but I do not think LE has discredited yet officially, have they? Tim said it was being tested and that should have been the end of it.

snip

If MN is a "very educated,experienced attorney" then he should have contacted his client when NG called him about the dress and if they were able to discredit it then he should have issued a statement instead of allowing his client to go off on a rant on national tv

LOL - and you have no idea if he did or didn't contact his client, which he apparently did which is what prompted Cindy to show the world Caylee's real dress the very next morning.

He cannot legally make a statement about the dress and discredit something that he is not involved in, period. That was the State's job to report that the dress was not Caylee's.

I'm not sure what part of "This isn't his case" that you're not understanding.

IMO he started it when he said NG made more money off this than the A's , he was out of line to say that , in my book , that got NG started . So I respectfully do not agree with you .

ITA and I can see why she went off. I bet she didn't say half of what she wanted to say. Then he SURE didn't want to talk about how much the A's were making off of Caylee's death! :furious: So I suppose that is when MN decided to bring up the dress issue himself. deflect..deflect..deflect..

I don't always agree with LP, but as far as I'm concerned he was duped out of 50k and he remained a gentleman the whole time he was in FL.

If you look at the vids before he put up the $$$$, then following the meeting immediately after, he looked like he'd been kicked, hard. He swallowed it and set off to find a new path to Caylee. That was when he made me believe he was all about team Caylee, everyone else be damned.

When LE released the 1st lab reports indicating a deceased Caylee had been in the pontiac, the Padilla's had been sucking it up for 8 days, LP visibly snapped. He was exhausted, disgusted and disgruntled, I could see in his eyes that he was done taking it. In my opinion he remained a gentleman, still backing the A's and seemingly keeping his mouth shut about what had transpired in the house, but willing to answer questions honestly as they came up.

This whole thing has been a shock to his system. While he is used to tracking scummy, lying felons. He's not used to this behavior from the family of victims. I would warn anyone who tries to get between his team and Caylee, 'lookout the cowboy's back in town and he's not gonna take it'.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Respectfully, I completely disagree with your take on what is being said here.

Nejame represents CA and, as I mentioned in a post above, to which you have yet to respond, he doesn't have any retainer agreement limiting his representation in the narrow fashion that you are suggesting.

THE REALLY IMPORTANT PART is that although it's not his "place" to discredit evidence that the state or defense may rely upon, he does have a duty to his client, CA, to make sure she doesn't unnecessarily involve herself in the criminal matters to which she is not a party. If his client went on national tv, he darn well should have been consulted. The fact that he obviously was not shows a deep disconnect between attorney and client.

I would also like to add this to your statement, with which I agree: Cindy showed us ONE dress of Caylee's from when she was about a year old by her "looks" in the pcitures of her wearing it. As a new Grandmama-I have recently begun starting MY little princess' dress-up wardrobe, and will continue through the years to add to it and REPLACE what she outgrows with bigger sizes she can use a while in this wonderful make-believe little girl fantasy called "Dress-up". I would not hesistate to say that Caylee had more than one size of some of her Disney Princess costumes, and that Cindy producing ONE on the tube is NO proof whatsoever that the other dress was a plant. It COULD have been Caylee's, and it MAY have been a plant. There is no EVIDENCE to substantiate either claim at this point.

So is KC learning Spanish to fit in with Baez? Soon she is going to start checking Hispanic under the Race section on forms...lordy be.

GA said he doesnt even like Baez and has no idea how Casey is paying him. It is discusting the way he is always touching Casey or has his arm around her. She seems to eat it up though .
MD MOMMY , you crack me up . LOL

Ok, let me get this straight. A size six child's Disney dress was found...what, beside the road in a wooded area. There was speculation it might have been Caylees...because Caylee is missing and once was pictured in a similar dress. Am I on track so far? Caylee is essentially a three year old child...who might actually have worn a sized six dress. Some people have children that age who do. I did. Some people state that Disney clothes can run small. Ok? Then Cindy goes on TV with an 18 month old dress and Nejame fights becuase 18 month olds wouldn't wear size six. But people weren't talking about an 18 month old wearing a size six. They were speculating that a 3 yr old might wear a size six. What does a size 18 month dress really have to do with anything here? I don't think people were arguing that Caylee was wearing the same clothes just before she was lost that she wore a year and a half ago.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: In a nutshell . . . yes! And how many threads have debated this talking cross purposes? Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member