Today's Court Hearing 2PM ET

this order must be narrowly tailored said baez

I am laughing so hard that I can bearly hear. Overbroad???? That's the standard gag order. Guess Baez has never run into a gag order before.

JB arguing "blanket order is clearly overbroad for participants and for non-participants"

Has anyone else noticed this.....everytime Baez is in court he talks about the "two prong approach"?

I have to wonder --- there is no way Baez ever practices in front of a mirror, or at all. My 2 debaters practice all the time. GEEZE. I'm not bashing...I'm pointing out something that is painfully obvious. My freshman who just started debate speaks more eloquently.......dear lord!!

court has other options besides GAG order, such as:

Voire Dire
Jury sequestering
Change of Venue
yada, yada, yada

Oh, and lawyers have first amendment rights too

Baez is trying to compare his public speaking to protected "political speech."

JB struggling on other manners of restricting the situation instead of a blanket order...

JB says horse left the barn a long time ago on this case, and the court must narrowly tailor motions...

state tried to argue that jb doesn't represent GA and CA - judge allowed jb to continue discussing how a gag would apply to them.

jb says there is no immanent threat to a fair trial and that lawyers have free speech, too

Now he is telling the judge what types of orders to issue! WTF Baez! I think the judge knows what to do!

Man i'm feeling way embarassed for Baez!

"The horse left the barn along time ago" - Where does Baez get this stuff?

Sounds like JB wants the judge to consider specific areas that would be off-limits, instead of a blanket gag order.

I am giving TO's from here on out to any posts I have to delete that are name calling or bashing commentary ...knock it off.

Can you make a casual thread where we can do that in regards to the hearing? I understand we shouldn't be bashing, but honestly, it is very hard not to when listening to this. JMO. :blowkiss:

Did the SA ask for a change in venue at the beginning? Am I correct in this?

He is bringing up a change of venue and Baez has not requested a change of venue.

Personal opinion.....Baez is ummm, orrrrrrrrr, ahhhhhhhhh too much and does not sound professional.

Baez says "the horse has left the barn a long time ago in this case". I agree, but it doesn't mean a gag order wouldn't be helpful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back