John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey is going to spend the rest of her life in prison, and ZG will never get a dime because Casey has nothing, so what's the point? Baez will not allow his client to talk to this attorney, and the A's attorney isn't going to let them talk to this guy neither, so at this point it's a game. Ughhh......

I believe ZG could be awarded any future monies the A would recieve with book and interview rights.

Casey is going to spend the rest of her life in prison, and ZG will never get a dime because Casey has nothing, so what's the point? Baez will not allow his client to talk to this attorney, and the A's attorney isn't going to let them talk to this guy neither, so at this point it's a game. Ughhh......

I think, but am not positive, that the A's homeowner's policy would have to kick in. That's what I heard in the news when JM first filed the suit. Can't find a link offhand but I'll try to search.

I think Morgan's got his eye on those book/movie deals. LOL!

Would NOT surprise me ONE bit! John Morgan is one of those attorney's that has a ton of commercials on TV. When I lived in Orlando (grew up there) he was always on advertising his old firm Morgan, Colling and Gilbert, and then I remember the big huge mess when he got his butt arrested for assaulting a police officer. I don't have a whole lot of respect for him JMO:

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/features/story.asp?id=252

I hope He doesn't skate around the issues with the A's. If he will just ask them,about when they first heard of Zanny. Cindy made it seem on Larry King that she knew the nanny. She tried to make it seem as if it was a fact and that it was something she was used to,but in her 911 call she says "my daughter has been missing for a month. I just found her but I can't find my granddaughter." If she had been talking to Casey everyday,and everything was normal ,why did she feel like she had been dodging her for that month?? She spends hours telling the police all the places Casey said she was.Lee tried to hunt her down and she dodged him,They are all guilty of not giving and securing proper supervision for Caylee. If they want immunity, how can they continue to say the Nanny did it?? I hope they take the money out of Casey's defense money. I can't believe people are donating to help her. How much money is in her account??

New www.myorangeclerk.com case info for Civil Matter: 08-CA-0024573-O, as of December 19 & 22, 2008:
SNIPPED, from CASE ACTIONS tab:
12/19/2008 DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CASEY ANTHONY 1/12/2008 @ 10:00 AM
12/22/2008 LETTER TO JUDGE FROM JONATHAN KASEN
12/22/2008 DEFT MOTION TO STAY OR DEFER DEFTS DEPO UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE PENDING CRIMINAL CASE

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...CaseID=6054162

Appears that Casey's defense attorneys have moved to stay the civil deposition until after resolution of the criminal charges.

New www.myorangeclerk.com case info for Civil Matter: 08-CA-0024573-O, as of December 19 & 22, 2008:
SNIPPED, from CASE ACTIONS tab:
12/19/2008 DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CASEY ANTHONY 1/12/2008 @ 10:00 AM
12/22/2008 LETTER TO JUDGE FROM JONATHAN KASEN
12/22/2008 DEFT MOTION TO STAY OR DEFER DEFTS DEPO UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE PENDING CRIMINAL CASE

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk...CaseID=6054162

Appears that Casey's defense attorneys have moved to stay the civil deposition until after resolution of the criminal charges.

Does this mean a motion has been filed? Or that it has been approved/granted by the court?

Only filed...requested. Judge Sprinkle has not responded according to the Orange County Clerks office.

I hope this ZG has some class and donates the money she wins. Otherwise, she's just as bad as casey and the A family, making a buck off a dead little girl.

I believe out of respect for the A's it was canceled until the crime scene was finished.
I believe it will soon be scheduled again.
Do you think additional arrests are about to happen??

I hope this ZG has some class and donates the money she wins. Otherwise, she's just as bad as casey and the A family, making a buck off a dead little girl.
I respectfully disagree. ZG has some real damages as a result of KC's lies. Any money she is awarded will be to compensate her for her damages. ZG will have to prove her damages in order to get a money judgment. Then once she gets a money judgment she will have to collect it before she has money in her hands. Collecting from KC may be a futile exercise.

Does this mean a motion has been filed? Or that it has been approved/granted by the court?

A defense motion to stay was filed on December 22, 2008, but it has not been heard nor ruled upon by the court.

Whether it is before of after the criminal trial George, Cindy, and Casey and I hope Lee gets included in there too will end up being depo'd. There is no way that they can get out of it. They are countersuing this poor woman and you better believe they will have to set down an answer any and all questions at some point. Their attorney's can object but they still have to answer the questions asked by the lady's attorney...Morgan.

They will all be put on the stand when there is a civil trial too. Remember when OJ Simpson had to take the stand at his civil trial and he stuttered and stammered his way through all of the questions just as guilty as everything. He lost big time because the jury could see right through him unlike at his criminal trial where he had Dr. Henry Lee lie about the blood on the gate, in his vehicle and on the sock in his bedroom. And of course there were the gloves that they had him put on over laytex gloves...insane.

Civil trials are different then criminal trials. I would think that this lady should be able to put a lien on the Anthony home and whatever monies they may have coming in. They will have to return to work one of these days.

I see it as if she is trying to get compensated for money/opportunity/jobs lost due to having her name dragged through the mud. I don't see her as much of a opportunist. However, I could be wrong.

Whether it is before of after the criminal trial George, Cindy, and Casey and I hope Lee gets included in there too will end up being depo'd. There is no way that they can get out of it. They are countersuing this poor woman and you better believe they will have to set down an answer any and all questions at some point. Their attorney's can object but they still have to answer the questions asked by the lady's attorney...Morgan.

They will all be put on the stand when there is a civil trial too. Remember when OJ Simpson had to take the stand at his civil trial and he stuttered and stammered his way through all of the questions just as guilty as everything. He lost big time because the jury could see right through him unlike at his criminal trial where he had Dr. Henry Lee lie about the blood on the gate, in his vehicle and on the sock in his bedroom. And of course there were the gloves that they had him put on over laytex gloves...insane.

Civil trials are different then criminal trials. I would think that this lady should be able to put a lien on the Anthony home and whatever monies they may have coming in. They will have to return to work one of these days.

I have an idea that Morgan is not going to want to postpone this until after the criminal trial. I believe he wants to use the deposition to get information that can be used in the criminal trial. If he waits until after the criminal trial, he won't have as much leverage.

JB can be so ignorant. Why did he countersue? He should drop it.

A defense motion to stay was filed on December 22, 2008, but it has not been heard nor ruled upon by the court.

Motion set for hearing on Thursday, January 8, 2009.
My guess is that it will be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member