Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?What Will her story be?

Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?

• Yes

Votes: 158 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 40.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 90 21.6%

• Total voters
I seem to recall that also--probably from the first bond hearing, too. :)

Thanks. I am far too absorbed in this case...so I can't remember sometimes what I heard! LOL. I think I remembered that there was a delay in getting her bonded out while they waited on the court psychiatrists to examine her. They needed to make sure she was "fit" to be released back into the public arena. I believe that is why JB commented on her mental history - to assure the media that she would be getting out and that she wasn't being examined because they thought she might be mentally ill. That it was standard operating procedure. Hmmm. Might come back to bite him now huh? :crazy:

Thanks. I am far too absorbed in this case...so I can't remember sometimes what I heard! LOL. I think I remembered that there was a delay in getting her bonded out while they waited on the court psychiatrists to examine her. They needed to make sure she was "fit" to be released back into the public arena. I believe that is why JB commented on her mental history - to assure the media that she would be getting out and that she wasn't being examined because they thought she might be mentally ill. That it was standard operating procedure. Hmmm. Might come back to bite him now huh? :crazy:

Exactly SOP. Truly, what possible defense remains? :confused: Still checking to find a link. It's not immediately available on the news sites I've checked, where I'm pretty certain I watched it previously. I thought I had a link in my notes, but it hasn't surfaced there either. There's always Youtube. ;)

I couldn't find it on Youtube, either. I really thought JB would go with some type of diminished capacity.

i don't know if this is a good place for this but doesn't the FBI and investigators have the right to question her more... assuming that Baez would be present... can't they talk to her more?

i don't know if this is a good place for this but doesn't the FBI and investigators have the right to question her more... assuming that Baez would be present... can't they talk to her more?

No - she has a lawyer and has asserted her rights not to talk. They can't force her because she has the right not to incriminate herself. Wish they could though!

You know I saw the "key" discussion a bit differently. To me it sounded like Cindy throwing Casey a lifeline. I thought it was Cindy who asked her if she had given anyone a key to the house. Then Casey seemed to pick up on that real quick and said "yes...she had given one to ZFG". I think Casey thought there was some reason she should say yes to that one. She didn't offer up the key - Cindy brought it up. It was almost like Cindy was saying..."You gave someone a key didn't you Casey? Someone else could have done this right Casey?" And she jumped on it.

There were a few other instances where Casey seemed to be "reacting" to what Cindy was saying and carefully choosing her responses. She almost said that the photo of Caylee in front of the drums was taken at Zani's apartment...but Cindy jumped in and said she knew where the pic was taken -and Casey did a quick about-face and said it was at Ricardo's. I think she would have lied and said Zani's...but then she knew her mom knew the truth. I saw Cindy leading Casey...and Casey just saying what they wanted to hear.
Exactly. That's the way I saw it too. When CA asked KC why 'she' didn't go back for the car, KC answered she didn't know why but for just an instant you could see that KC was surprised that someone else, according to CA, should have returned for the car. So, in other words, Zanny had a key to the house and access to the car. So, of course, KC couldn't have had any responsibility. It was that interview that convinced me CA and probably GA were heavily involved in the coverup and knew much more than they were telling.

Exactly. That's the way I saw it too. When CA asked KC why 'she' didn't go back for the car, KC answered she didn't know why but for just an instant you could see that KC was surprised that someone else, according to CA, should have returned for the car. So, in other words, Zanny had a key to the house and access to the car. So, of course, KC couldn't have had any responsibility. It was that interview that convinced me CA and probably GA were heavily involved in the coverup and knew much more than they were telling.

Help me...I'm confused as usual! :confused: Are you saying that Cindy was trying to help Casey by giving her the opportunity to say that she didn't get the car because she thought Zani would get it?

Help me...I'm confused as usual! :confused: Are you saying that Cindy was trying to help Casey by giving her the opportunity to say that she didn't get the car because she thought Zani would get it?
Whew, thank TxRose, I am confused too. Probably just Sunday brain.

Whew, thank TxRose, I am confused too. Probably just Sunday brain.

Sunday brain sounds logical! :)

I get the basic post - I think many feel Cindy was helping Casey provide explanations for things. Or at best helping her to avoid saying the wrong things. If we could have seen Cindy up close I would swear we could have heard her say "nudge nudge wink wink....know what I mean?" after those statements. :crazy:

The whole Nanny story will be brought out by the SA, in exacting detail, including the fact that KC said that this all happened on the 9th of June as this is the date she gave LE. If Baez intends to promote an accidental death/panicked cover up defense, he will have to do it in cross examination which will only be available to him if LE/FBI has not been able to determine a manner of death by the time of trial. He can not very well suggest an accidental drowning if there were toxic loads of deadly chemicals in the bone marrow or hair. We will have to wait until those toxicology reports are released before we know what, if anything, he can spin out of them. KC cannot "change" her story because she will not take the stand. Her lawyers will only be able to "sugggest" an accidental death to the jury.

Baez says we will be shocked or surprised. Um - we already are.

If this were the case of an accidental death (which it is not) KC would have been screaming it from the top of her lungs to keep her little skanky self from facing a murder trial with the very real possibility of life in prison or death row. She is all about KC and KC only. She would do whatever is necessary to save herself from the dismal future she faces. She hasn't bothered.

KC does not appear to be the brightest bulb in the carton and I do not think she has ever had an original thought in her head. She parrots what people say to her with a "me too" response. All of her stealing (that we know of) was from people who would find out about the theft in a very short period of time. Her lies, although complicated in her mind, were revealed within minutes by LE. These are not the actions of a cunning, intelligent, criminal mind but rather those of someone with a low IQ who acts on impulse.
She is no mensa candidate.

Of course, I would love for KC to take the stand in her own defense, Caylee deserves it, but her legal team will never allow it. I remember there was a blurb that KC was going to represent herself and I was thrilled. I guess she changed her mind.

KC told CA that the photo of Caylee at RM's was taken at Zanny's. That was her proof of the Nanny's existence. CA thought KC was talking in code and telling her that Nanny was really RM and Amy so CA was trying to help KC tell on them. CA was ready to go to LE with the pic to prove that Nanny was the code name for RM and Amy but as it turns out, KC admitted that it wasn't the same place, but Nanny's apartment was set up very similar to R & A's and she even had drums. Did you see CA's response to that one? She thought she had solved the mystery of Nanny, but instead was served another unbelievable lie.

That's what it looked like to me. CA asked KC why 'she' didn't pick up the car. Since her conversation was with KC, she couldn't have meant KC so it was some other 'she'. It was in the same jailhouse visit that she was questioning KC about the apartment, and the key to the house so I figured she was feeding KC a storyline for the car, too. When KC responded that she didn't know why the anonymous she didn't pick up the car, CA said "it doesn't make sense" and went on to the next question. Yes, I believe CA was intimating that someone else abandoned the car and did not return for it and CA was asking KC if she knew why.

That's what it looked like to me. CA asked KC why 'she' didn't pick up the car. Since her conversation was with KC, she couldn't have meant KC so it was some other 'she'. It was in the same jailhouse visit that she was questioning KC about the apartment, and the key to the house so I figured she was feeding KC a storyline for the car, too. When KC responded that she didn't know why the anonymous she didn't pick up the car, CA said "it doesn't make sense" and went on to the next question. Yes, I believe CA was intimating that someone else abandoned the car and did not return for it and CA was asking KC if she knew why.

Oh wow :eek: Lightbulb moment! I see what you are saying now. That Cindy was basically asking why Zani didn't pick up the car SINCE SHE HAD THE KEYS.... I hadn't caught that before. I will have to listen to the conversation again. Good catch...that is interesting.

EDIT> Didn't Cindy know that Tony had picked Casey up from the Amscot?

Oh wow :eek: Lightbulb moment! I see what you are saying now. That Cindy was basically asking why Zani didn't pick up the car SINCE SHE HAD THE KEYS.... I hadn't caught that before. I will have to listen to the conversation again. Good catch...that is interesting.

EDIT> Didn't Cindy know that Tony had picked Casey up from the Amscot?

Yeah, I remember Cindy going on about the car to the police with words to the effect of 'Why would Casey park the car there at Amscott when I drive right through that intersection on my way to work and would have seen it?' I never got where she was headed with that because obviously she didn't see it before it was towed, but she could have been trying to infer that someone besides KC drove the car. Duh! Got me thinking though, that maybe Casey hoped Cindy would discover the car for some strange reason most of us could probably never understand. However, Cindy was definitely angling for someone else was driving the car because she apparently had no idea that TonE had picked up KC from the Amscott. I believe he even described seeing her standing beside the car there in his police interviews and then talked about the groceries she had 'from home,' and her *advertiser censored*-n-bs story about her dad taking the car in to get it fixed afterwards.

I have been re-reading "A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation" by Catherine Crier. While the book has its innaccuracies, I believe that much of the information about how Scott Peterson acted in those months between Laci's disappearance and the discovery of the remains is pretty accurate, especially the transcripts of the various phone calls with Amber Frey and Laci's family.

As I read, I am amazed at the similarities between Scott's behavior and Casey's -- particularly the emotional detachment. He pretty much went on with his life-- and his lies-- while Laci was missing, and everyone else (with the exception of his family) was searching for her and going through all kinds of fear and emotional hell.

I do not believe Scott ever changed his story or admitted to what he had done, and I do not believe Casey ever will, either.

Apparently the police don't have a clue as to how to charge her. Lets see... they started with DP before they had a body or any stick evidence. Then they dropped that to Murder1. Then since they may can't prove that - they add on charges in case of an accident. Maybe she had been jay walking too - they forgot that. Remember - anything they can do to Casey Anthony they can do to you or me. If they have evidence of murder - then charge it, get a conviction and put her away ... otherwise..please!!

whatever they can do to her they ought to

she deserves the worst

i'm not worried about what "THEY" can do to me

or her

I have been re-reading "A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation" by Catherine Crier. While the book has its innaccuracies, I believe that much of the information about how Scott Peterson acted in those months between Laci's disappearance and the discovery of the remains is pretty accurate, especially the transcripts of the various phone calls with Amber Frey and Laci's family.

As I read, I am amazed at the similarities between Scott's behavior and Casey's -- particularly the emotional detachment. He pretty much went on with his life-- and his lies-- while Laci was missing, and everyone else (with the exception of his family) was searching for her and going through all kinds of fear and emotional hell.

I do not believe Scott ever changed his story or admitted to what he had done, and I do not believe Casey ever will, either.

Well - she has apparently changed at least parts of her story...but the basic theme is the same...Zani took her. I agree with you that she is alot like Scott and is very self-centered. She will likely never admit she did it. I believe the defense will concentrate on attacking the state's case rather than presenting a theory of their own. Without her on the stand...which would be crazy to do...how will they present a new theory anyway? Or any theory for that matter. It will be interesting.

I apologize for not knowing how to bring a post over from another thread (they can get lost on the NG daily tv show sites) I found several links that discuss the not using of contractions in liars. This is very evident in every Casey interview. Apparently, as they are lying, the like to emphasize the word "not" and in "do not'"

I was wondering if this has been noticed by anyone else and/or if it has been discussed.

Here is my original post and response from Origrammi (In Italics) Plus, I will give several links to the articles about liars lack of using contractions. (OJ did this)

Origrammi
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2008

Contractions are out with liars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattymarie
Have any of you noticed in the interviews that Casey never uses contrations? Instead of "I didn't" it is "I did not" or instead "I don't, it is "I do not" the whole way through. I don't know why this sticks out to me but it has all along... Its like it is not a frantic mom but a cool, rehearsed, "I have seen every Law and Order" episode and know how to respond act. Just wonderin.....

I just read an article this morning about 'how to spot a player'. People telling lies generally don't use contractions...it's always Do not, Cannot etc.

I tried to find the link just now but I couldn't. lol

So your feeling is correct!

Links....

http://www.thepalmbeachtimes.com/Pages/HowToSpotALiar.html
http://www.viewzone.com/liar.html[/B]

I apologize for not knowing how to bring a post over from another thread (they can get lost on the NG daily tv show sites) I found several links that discuss the not using of contractions in liars. This is very evident in every Casey interview. Apparently, as they are lying, the like to emphasize the word "not" and in "do not'"

I was wondering if this has been noticed by anyone else and/or if it has been discussed.

Here is my original post and response from Origrammi (In Italics) Plus, I will give several links to the articles about liars lack of using contractions. (OJ did this)

Pattymarie - I didn't (I mean I did not...LOL) notice she did that specifically with contractions. But it was very apparent she spoke to LE much more formally than I believe is her normal speech pattern. I think that is why the contractions go out the window. When you speak formally - you are very succinct and speak very deliberately. Contractions are casual and relaxed. She was anything but that because she was on the hot seat!

Edit> Thanks for the links...they were interesting articles!

I'm in Germany today. I've been watching TV for 2 hours, and NO CASEY!! TWO WHOLE HOURS. ;)

Regarding the jury pool, IIRC, Florida uses driver's license info for jury duty (I was called that way). College students and retirees have been mentioned, many college students and snowbirds keep the license of their home state, not the local area. I still think there are plenty of people who can be unbiased, listen to the evidence and make the correct decision.

The biggest problem I see is putting all the lies and half truths into a coherent argument against Casey without having it sound too fantastic and unbelievable. The SA has their work cut out for them. They will have to be VERY clear with the jury. Casey's odd stories (i mean LIES) combined with the A's constant BS creates an issue, IMO.

KC told CA that the photo of Caylee at RM's was taken at Zanny's. That was her proof of the Nanny's existence. CA thought KC was talking in code and telling her that Nanny was really RM and Amy so CA was trying to help KC tell on them. CA was ready to go to LE with the pic to prove that Nanny was the code name for RM and Amy but as it turns out, KC admitted that it wasn't the same place, but Nanny's apartment was set up very similar to R & A's and she even had drums. Did you see CA's response to that one? She thought she had solved the mystery of Nanny, but instead was served another unbelievable lie.

No---I just saw this post, but I disagree.

Cindy TRIED, like heck, to insinuate that the photo with the drums were at Zanni's. She even brought it up to the FBI.

HOWEVER, when she spoke to Casey in the jailhouse interview, Casey flat out denied it. I would bet everything I own on Casey's reposnse.

I don't doubt that Cindy thought she solved the mystery, but not only did the FBI not jot down a SINGLE word she babbled, Casey refuted this about the drums photo and Zani. IIRC, she "absolutely" told Cindy it was Ricardo's place.........I'll go look it up for you. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back