Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?What Will her story be?

Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?

• Yes

Votes: 158 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 40.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 90 21.6%

• Total voters
And, most of all, I would like to know how she payed for it not to mention all of the little "extra" activities Nanny payed for!!!:rolleyes:

And didn't Cindy claim that she found out Casey wasn't working soon before all this broke out. Seems stupid that she wouldn't have asked...uh, Casey dear, how are you paying this Nanny? Or maybe at least one time in 1 1/2 years she would have asked her what the weekly or monthly rate was..but Nooooo. Apparently, in all that time, she never asked 1 question about the Nanny of her grandchild that lived with her.

Really now what person what type of Grandma wouldn't ask for the phone number or at least ask Casey if Zanny had her # for an emergency contact?
All great points here, IRule!
No, I can't believe that Cindy Anthony never asked any questions regarding "the nanny"! I just can't see that at all! No way! Can you see Cindy not wanting to know a phone number, an address, or any other information? That doesn't make any sense at all!

Agree! She told her "I know whose apartment that is," and KC responds, "That is Ricardo's. Zani's apartment is set up remarkably like Ricardo's." CA couldn't have fed her any better with a spoon! Which makes me think of that first jail visit. "We forgive you for anything you have done or said."
"Oh, I haven't said anything. Don't worry." :waitasec:

Yes! That was a very weird response. I thought Cindy was just trying to say they forgave her for all the nasty things she had said since Cindy picked her up at Tony's. Especially the nasty jailhouse phone call. Also - that if something bad happened - they would forgive her.

But then Casey says -"I haven't said anything. Don't worry.". WHAT???

Edit> Does this mean she told Cindy the truth of what happened? Or is she saying she didn't tell LE about something that would be bad for Cindy or George?

What will be even more fascinating is HOW Baez is going to get this story in front of a jury in the first place. Because the nanny is solely an item in Casey's imagination, there is no one in her life who can bolster or embellish her story. Casey -- and only Casey -- can tell the jury about the nanny -- coming from anyone else, it will be hearsay. And given how poorly Casey comes across when she speaks, I doubt he's going to want to do that.

I'm betting that Baez is desperately hoping to convince Casey to drop the nanny story and head in a different direction. Since she no doubt believes that she is much smarter than the rest of us, I'm not sure he'll be successful.
Great point!!

Yes! That was a very weird response. I thought Cindy was just trying to say they forgave her for all the nasty things she had said since Cindy picked her up at Tony's. Especially the nasty jailhouse phone call. Also - that if something bad happened - they would forgive her.

But then Casey says -"I haven't said anything. Don't worry.". WHAT???

Edit> Does this mean she told Cindy the truth of what happened? Or is she saying she didn't tell LE about something that would be bad for Cindy or George?
My knee jerk reaction was something that would reflect badly on the family. Maybe that is part of the reason the family has enabled her to try out different scenarios, scripts, etc. The BellaVita Code.

JB had better have hired more than forensic experts. He needs a good author to tweak KC's story and to write a pre-quel too! I wonder if he should get a crime writer or a scifi/horror author? :furious:

Everything up until the trial will be the sci-fi horror, but I'm waiting for the crime writer to write that epilogue that says, "Perp is now Waiting for Sparky".

It is strange that CA--being so involved in her life and fairly controlling, as I would be if I basically footed the entire bill for both of them, that she would not know where the baby was being watched while she was away?? Isn't that one of the first things that you require is the info of where the baby is -just in case? Or what if you (which in the timeline of 1 1/2 - 2 years?) would need to pick up the baby when Mom was running late, sick, or the baby was sick? I don't know a Mother of a infant/toddler that hasn't had any one of those circumstances come up. Babies get sick. Mom's get sick or something comes up at work. I fail to believe that CA allowed someone else to care for that sweet little baby when she wasn't feeling good. That was her instinct to have her at her home and nurture her. Even if it is a cold or something small which is common. This puzzle doesn't fit together, even when the A's try to cram it all in the same frame. It doesn't fit.

I think you are right, PotatoHead, about his story about her story changing. But one has to wonder with him stating at the press conference "I have no further questions." Had he been practicing in front of the mirror for the trial. All those listed witnesses to cross-examine. Oh my!!! How will he ever keep her story straight in his opening statement?

And Zanny's boyfriend had better chain himself to the nearest light pole because he could be the next one under the bus... Oh, wait, no problem we can't even find Zanny.

I am expecting JB to come out with the psychiatrists. Even he isn't lame enough to believe he can go with a full court press insanity defense, but I am betting that he's going to attempt to slide up as close to an insanity defense as he can get away with.

Luckily, I don't believe it is going to wash away the premeditation in any way.

It is strange that CA--being so involved in her life and fairly controlling, as I would be if I basically footed the entire bill for both of them, that she would not know where the baby was being watched while she was away?? Isn't that one of the first things that you require is the info of where the baby is -just in case? Or what if you (which in the timeline of 1 1/2 - 2 years?) would need to pick up the baby when Mom was running late, sick, or the baby was sick? I don't know a Mother of a infant/toddler that hasn't had any one of those circumstances come up. Babies get sick. Mom's get sick or something comes up at work. I fail to believe that CA allowed someone else to care for that sweet little baby when she wasn't feeling good. That was her instinct to have her at her home and nurture her. Even if it is a cold or something small which is common. This puzzle doesn't fit together, even when the A's try to cram it all in the same frame. It doesn't fit.

I find it even more odd that Cindy never discussed the nanny with Caylee. Caylee could clearly communicate. There was never a time she asked "how was Disneyland with the nanny Caylee? Did you have fun?" or "what did you do with the nanny today Caylee?". Did these people ever talk to this little girl? Clearly Caylee would not be able to respond to the question - and that would send up a red flag to me!

Perhaps - but do you think it likely that she would be segregated there as well - at least to some extent? I would think they would have to know she would be a target. Crimes against children are the lowest of low - and her case is so well-known now. I don't know how the Florida prison system works, but I know some will segregate high-risk prisoners.

I agree! That is why I was asking about a thread for things that defy all logic.
I think if the story does change, KC will be pointing fingers back at Casa De A.

There's often some overlap among personality disorders. And personality disordered individuals may also have comorbidities.

BPD would, unfortunately, give the defense a little more to work with. A feature of BPD is that borderlines can fairly easily lose touch with reality (hence the name "borderline"). This potential segue into psychosis is a potential loophole for her, legally, I would imagine.

FWIW, sociopathic behavior can escalate with stress (and, well...let's face it: murdering your child and being left with that pesky task of figuring out how to go on with your life without anyone questioning it is quite stressful!)

It also can become more pronounced with age.

ETA: I really am extremely interested to learn what psychiatrists will have to say about Casey.

I am also. I am expecting multiple over-lapping dx's.

What fascinates me is that none of KC's family or friends seems to allude to anything more that a proclivity to lie on KC's part in all of the interviews I have read &/or watched. No one really cites anything 'out of the norm' other than that.

It will be interesting to see and hear what new sound-bites hit the waves or what shows up in Globe or the Enquirer after diagnosis news leaks. :rolleyes:

Well, there's that pesky word: psychosis, once again. What say you, people against psychosis diagnosis?

IMO, psychosis is one specific diagnosis that won't fly. KC did not appear to have displayed symptoms common to a psychotic episode.

There were some really great posts written a few weeks ago after the DP was taken off of the table, and it was reported that KC might have Bipolar Disorder. Psychosis was also discussed at length back then. Might be worth searching for those.

(Ah heck, I'll go search and BRB with a link) :D

This thread had some interesting discussion: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76123&highlight=psychosis

As did this one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74514&highlight=psychosis

I am also. I am expecting multiple over-lapping dx's.

What fascinates me is that none of KC's family or friends seems to allude to anything more that a proclivity to lie on KC's part in all of the interviews I have read &/or watched. No one really cites anything 'out of the norm' other than that.

It will be intersting to see and hear what new sound-bites hit the waves or what shows up in Globe or the Enquirer after diagnosis news leaks. :rolleyes:

IMO, psychosis is one specific diagnosis that won't work fly. KC did not appear to have displayed symptoms common to a psychotic episode.

There were some really great posts written a few weeks ago after the DP was taken off of the table, and it was reported that KC might have Bipolar Disorder. Psychosis was also discussed at length back then. Might be worth searching for those.

(Ah heck, I'll go search and BRB with a link) :D

I'm Bi-Polar and have never contemplated killing anyone. it's a weak excuse.

I find it even more odd that Cindy never discussed the nanny with Caylee. Caylee could clearly communicate. There was never a time she asked "how was Disneyland with the nanny Caylee? Did you have fun?" or "what did you do with the nanny today Caylee?". Did these people ever talk to this little girl? Clearly Caylee would not be able to respond to the question - and that would send up a red flag to me!

I believe that George did say (and I can't remember where I read it) that he asked Caylee something like "did you have fun with Nanny (or zanny) today?" and got a blank look from Caylee. But that was about to change as Caylee was able to talk more and more. Soon Caylee would be able to tell G and C how she was spending her days and nights!! Then what? That may have factored into the timing of her "disappearance".

I believe that George did say (and I can't remember where I read it) that he asked Caylee something like "did you have fun with Nanny (or zanny) today?" and got a blank look from Caylee. But that was about to change as Caylee was able to talk more and more. Soon Caylee would be able to tell G and C how she was spending her days and nights!! Then what? That may have factored into the timing of her "disappearance".
That was what I was thinking as well. Something is so not right with this scenario. George did tell that to LE about Caylee showing no recognition to Zanny. Where did the old detective George go? He shows up for gas cans.
Did at no time, say on the ride home from visiting on Father's Day, CA ask Caylee about her nanny? She spent so much time with the Nanny, you would think CA would ask about it.
Then again, it never seemed to be an issue to either GA or CA for a year and a half, what was I thinking?

That was what I was thinking as well. Something is so not right with this scenario. George did tell that to LE about Caylee showing no recognition to Zanny. Where did the old detective George go? He shows up for gas cans.
Did at no time, say on the ride home from visiting on Father's Day, CA ask Caylee about her nanny? She spent so much time with the Nanny, you would think CA would ask about it.
Then again, it never seemed to be an issue to either GA or CA for a year and a half, what was I thinking?

That is one of the weirdest things about this whole scenario. It doesn't pass the smell test.

As to a change of venue--
If JB asks for a change of venue, could the prosecution argue that JB didn't want the gag order the State requested, so why is he now asking for a change? Or does one not have anything to do with the other? Seems like his, C's and G's on camera time added to the problem a change of venue is supposed to address.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back