In Fairness To Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can safely say that Cindy fiercely loves her children. I think where she runs into a serious problem is her inability to separate her love for KC and KC's behavior. She doesn't realize she can still love kc and despise her behavior. To her, they are one and the same. Her children are what they do. She will not accept flaws in her children. It is black and white. They must be the best or at least better than most, therefore they are good. Cindy's reasoning is if kc did anything bad she would not love her and that is not acceptable, so she didn't do anything wrong....and why can't we see it? She keeps pounding away trying to convince everyone her child is good.....so she can continue to love her.

The dynamics between George and Cindy are toxic. He is a liar and a lazy bum, whose manipulation of the "system" was his biggest financial contribution to the family. Cindy learned to thrive as a martyr because it came with benefits for her, whatever those benefits looked like. Casey is the way she is because of a number of things, not the least of which could be actual physical neurological disorders, personality disorders and definitely behavior disorders.

But "in fairness to Cindy" I want to compliment her on a great performance on August 14. In the moments before the jail video, she was defiant and attacking the media about saying Caylee is dead and countering that claim with a claim of her own that someone had spotted Caylee and had contacted Cindy just the night before. Then into the jail she went, where we saw her and George anxiously awaiting Casey's arrival on the other side of the monitor. Cindy is agitated, sure, but the second Casey sits down, it was Lights, Camera, ACTION! for Cindy and we got the dramatic waterworks display. By the way, perhaps it was just my screen, but I didn't notice any actual tears produced. This display was utilized until she was able to convey to Casey just how hard it's been for THEM. THEY were in misery (CAN'T YOU SEE HOW BAD IT IS FOR ME CASEY PLEASE JUST STOP TORTURING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and never once was Cindy concerned about how Casey was (which I believe was the source of the temper tantrum of Casey, the self-centered witch). By the way, Cindy and George NEVER ONCE mentioned this call to Casey.

It isn't about Casey, that is true. Casey tries to get them to pay attention to HER. Cindy tries to get Casey to pay attention to HER. Both women spend this 45 minutes jockeying to get the other to see their pain. I don't recall that it actually ever happened though. Oh yeah, and Caylee's missing.

Cindy's display was nothing more than her next move in the well rehearsed drama that has played out in the Anthony family for years. "Ok, we tried talking to Casey matter of factly, trying to keep the emotions out of it, and now we've got to show her just how distressed we are in order to get her to talk."

Cindy was already telling the new story about the smell by this time. She'd had an impromptu media interview in the street outside their house where someone wanted to talk to her about the 911 calls and she said "I don't need to talk about 'em, I made the calls." and dismissed any questions in order to put out there that she wasn't sleeping, eating, the routines they had during the day, and oh by the way Caylee is missing.

Please. Fairness to Cindy. I hope you're eating and sleeping better, Cindy. After that, I sure hope Brad Conway is a good lawyer.

I think I can safely say that Cindy fiercely loves her children. I think where she runs into a serious problem is her inability to separate her love for KC and KC's behavior. She doesn't realize she can still love kc and despise her behavior. To her, they are one and the same. Her children are what they do. She will not accept flaws in her children. It is black and white. They must be the best or at least better than most, therefore they are good. Cindy's reasoning is if kc did anything bad she would not love her and that is not acceptable, so she didn't do anything wrong....and why can't we see it? She keeps pounding away trying to convince everyone her child is good.....so she can continue to love her.

The dynamics in the A family are so inticate but your post I feel really sums up some of the thought process of CA. Your stament of CA not realizing part of loving is firm guidence.

The dynamics between George and Cindy are toxic. He is a liar and a lazy bum, whose manipulation of the "system" was his biggest financial contribution to the family. Cindy learned to thrive as a martyr because it came with benefits for her, whatever those benefits looked like. Casey is the way she is because of a number of things, not the least of which could be actual physical neurological disorders, personality disorders and definitely behavior disorders.

But "in fairness to Cindy" I want to compliment her on a great performance on August 14. In the moments before the jail video, she was defiant and attacking the media about saying Caylee is dead and countering that claim with a claim of her own that someone had spotted Caylee and had contacted Cindy just the night before. Then into the jail she went, where we saw her and George anxiously awaiting Casey's arrival on the other side of the monitor. Cindy is agitated, sure, but the second Casey sits down, it was Lights, Camera, ACTION! for Cindy and we got the dramatic waterworks display. By the way, perhaps it was just my screen, but I didn't notice any actual tears produced. This display was utilized until she was able to convey to Casey just how hard it's been for THEM. THEY were in misery (CAN'T YOU SEE HOW BAD IT IS FOR ME CASEY PLEASE JUST STOP TORTURING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and never once was Cindy concerned about how Casey was (which I believe was the source of the temper tantrum of Casey, the self-centered witch). By the way, Cindy and George NEVER ONCE mentioned this call to Casey.

It isn't about Casey, that is true. Casey tries to get them to pay attention to HER. Cindy tries to get Casey to pay attention to HER. Both women spend this 45 minutes jockeying to get the other to see their pain. I don't recall that it actually ever happened though. Oh yeah, and Caylee's missing.

Cindy's display was nothing more than her next move in the well rehearsed drama that has played out in the Anthony family for years. "Ok, we tried talking to Casey matter of factly, trying to keep the emotions out of it, and now we've got to show her just how distressed we are in order to get her to talk."

Cindy was already telling the new story about the smell by this time. She'd had an impromptu media interview in the street outside their house where someone wanted to talk to her about the 911 calls and she said "I don't need to talk about 'em, I made the calls." and dismissed any questions in order to put out there that she wasn't sleeping, eating, the routines they had during the day, and oh by the way Caylee is missing.

Please. Fairness to Cindy. I hope you're eating and sleeping better, Cindy. After that, I sure hope Brad Conway is a good lawyer.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Interesting point of view. :clap::clap:

I have a lot of issues with Cindy Anthony and have stated them in various comments on Websleuths. However, I watched the Fox News broadcast mentioned earlier -- I believe the link was
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.h...istId=playlist
and I really do not think Cindy reacted to the reporter's question in a way that showed deception. I believe that at that time Cindy could not accept that Caylee may be dead at the hands of her daughter-- and she was just focusing on getting Caylee's picture out there for people to find her because that was her way of doing something. Of course, as events unfolded, this denial became more unreal and bizarre, but at that time I believe her mind truly could not comprehend her daughter's involvement.

I have never lost a child or grandchild to murder, and cannot begin to imagine what Cindy may be going through-- but I had an inkling of it last January. My husband (who passed away in May) was dying of lung disease (COPD) and I was his only caretaker. We had 3 dogs at the time-- one a beloved puppy who was the light of my husband's life and who, as he stated many times "Gave him so much joy and made his illness much easier to handle." Well, she was accidently strangled to death one afternoon-- I ran out of the house and tried to revive her, but could not. My husband, attached to a home oxygen machine, could do nothing to help me or our puppy.

When I look back at that moment now, I realize that I was dealing with lots of stress, sadness and grief at the time, and the puppy's death really put me over the edge. I remember taking her body to the vet and asking him over and over again-- is she really dead,? That evening, I was so stressed out I had to take a sedative (the 1st time in my life). My mind kept thinking-- where is she, where's Scout? -- even though I knew the truth. But, what made it real was that I could see her body and know she was dead.

How does this relate to Cindy? I think that sometimes one's mind kind of short circuits when these things happen. Especially during times of stress. I do not condone CA's actions or denial of Caylee's murder and her daughter's probable culpability in it, but I can understand how she -- especially at the time of the Fox News broadcast -- could be just focussing on finding Caylee and not want to deal with or face the fact that Casey might have harmed the little girl. Especially when there was no body. Now that Caylee's remains have been found, Cindy still refuses to believe Casey's probable guilt -- and that is part of Cindy's own sickness.

On the other hand-- (and going off topic for a moment) my experience also leads me to believe, IMO, that Casey did kill her daughter. I remember telling my friends, based on the grief I felt at the time, that I could not ever, ever imagine how it would feel to lose a child -- whether through kidnapping or through an unexpected death-- because the shock and grief would be a thousand times (nay- ten thousand times) worse than I felt for that puppy, and my grief was already unbearable. Casey has not reacted in a normal way-- she should have immediately become hysterical, hyperventilating, pleading with "zanny" to return her child. She should have told the police everything; she should have needed sedation. None of this happened-- and that's how I know she killed Caylee. And I believe Cindy knows it, too.

*bold mine
Excellent point, debs! One would think that, if the grandmother of a missing child had just received a tip that someone had seen the missing child less than twenty four hours ago, that little tidbit of information would be important enough to at least mention in passing conversation to the mother. :rolleyes:

I think you're right. I think that's just what Cindy's problem is. One thing I don't understand, though, is if she deliberately tried to conceal or destroy evidence, why would she even tell LE about it. What I mean is, they would never have known that there were pants or a knife in that car at all unless she had told them. With that in mind, I just don't think that she deliberately tried to destroy evidence. I think she just wasn't thinking clearly and did something that was probably common for her, cleaning up after Casey. Now, the hairbrush, if that's true, I don't know what to make of that, except that maybe she was just afraid of what would be found. She really should have given them the hairbrush that Caylee mostly used. I think its wrong of her that she didn't.

Throughtout this cae W/S members seem to wain back and forth with their personal opinions of CA. Everytime I cave alittle in my understanding of CA she takes to the airwaves. The smug sense of entitalment on the LK show certainly smacked her in the face when she returned home. As a bystander watching this on t.v. all I could think was, "What goes around comes around." Maybe a new thread should be started on how fathers of daughters react to this case!

The title of this thread is in FAIRNESS to Cindy.

Ok - fairness. Here goes. First, yes I do feel "some" sympathy towards her and her position in life lately. She chose (made decisions) in the beginning (and continuing because once she got started - she doesn't know how to say "oops - I screwed up - my bad"). BUT, in all FAIRNESS, and I think this is where it all goes awry, when she was on camera spouting weirdness and mistruth and excuses she never once acknowledged what the public opinon was on those things. Like, "yes, I know it looks like there MIGHT HAVE been something in the trunk of the car - I know it wasn't because of "pizza" or "garbage" or whatever she wanted to spin. She never acknowledged what the "opinions" were even speculating at. Does that make any sense? I think if she would have at least let it be known HOW IT LOOKS but that's NOT how it is - we wouldn't have all gotten so bloomin' upset.

The time has passed for that now though. She took it too far - at least for me she did. She's had many people around her to give her advice and now she's choosing to not take it (because she's one of those people who can't say "oops - maybe its this or that"). She will never admit that KC did it. But to start saying that Caylee deserves justice and just stop mentioning KC would be a start. And that would be all she has to say.

In all FAIRNESS to Cindy.

Now, the hairbrush, if that's true, I don't know what to make of that, except that maybe she was just afraid of what would be found. She really should have given them the hairbrush that Caylee mostly used. I think its wrong of her that she didn't.
Cindy admitted she gave them the wrong hairbrush.

I have a lot of issues with Cindy Anthony and have stated them in various comments on Websleuths. However, I watched the Fox News broadcast mentioned earlier

On the other hand-- (and going off topic for a moment) my experience also leads me to believe, IMO, that Casey did kill her daughter. I remember telling my friends, based on the grief I felt at the time, that I could not ever, ever imagine how it would feel to lose a child -- whether through kidnapping or through an unexpected death-- because the shock and grief would be a thousand times (nay- ten thousand times) worse than I felt for that puppy, and my grief was already unbearable. Casey has not reacted in a normal way-- she should have immediately become hysterical, hyperventilating, pleading with "zanny" to return her child. She should have told the police everything; she should have needed sedation. None of this happened-- and that's how I know she killed Caylee. And I believe Cindy knows it, too.

Such a good post, and I am deeply sorry for both your losses. :hug:

Has anyone stopped to question why we haven't heard a minute by minute accounting of time from when Cindy left her mother's home on June 15th? We heard she took Caylee for a swim. We heard that she "tucked" them in for bed that night. We heard she knew they were in the bedroom because she heard them "breathing" or such the next morning. There are major gaps of time unaccounted for and it bothers me.

I don't understand why she wouldn't be open with this information since it was what led up to the disappearance of Caylee. This is another example of how Cindy hides the truth, imo. What reason is there for her not to be forthcoming with any and all information concerning Caylee? Concerning the supposed fight? (Where was Caylee while they were fighting? Was she watching in horror? Was she crying to see the two women she trusted going at each other's throats?)

His job history is sporadic and his gambling debt/scam debt cost the family dearly. I don't agree that CA locked up his manhood; he is an adult and if he wanted input into the house and parenting, he certainly could have participated. It is more likely (IMO) that he preferred to let CA do it all because it took the responsibility away from him. Perhaps he's a bit lazy.

I think KC learned by watching her father that CA would come to the rescue and bail her out. CA shouldn't have done it but GA is just as responsible for the free-wheeling lifestyle KC was living. GA and KC both put the financial burden of the household squarely on CA's shoulders.

The point I wanted to make (originally) was that people are so quick to blame the mother of the perp, but the father of the perp is not held by the same standard. He was not an absentee father. He was there every day, watching his favorite cooking show.

JMHO

Hi Marple......I was kind of curious....do we know anything about Cindy's work record? I know she last worked at Gentiva...as a business office manager, I think. Anyone know prior to that? Did she ever work as a nurse, i.e., in a hospital?

George worked 10 years, they say for the Sheriff's dept. I wonder why he never found anything he enjoyed after that? That is a long time and to just quit because Cindy wanted him to is just crazy if he liked his job. I suspect something else may have gone on. Maybe he was injured and is getting a disability pension. We just don't know. He may have been contributing financially in some way, at least I hope he was. The story Cindy told the family may be dramatized.....don't know

snipped

You have hit it out of the park! When I first saw the jail video of Aug 14 all I could think of was Cindy's first appearance on Greta in July. The 9 minute interview was almost all about Poor Cindy! "I haven't slept, I am so tired, I can't think straight, don't ask me any stupid questions because I don't have the strength." And the best one of all, "Do you want me to collapse right on your stage for some sensationalism?"
The first thing Cindy tells Casey on the jail video is, "I'm sick, we have all been sick", ummm, well you weren't sick outside with the media.
Here is a link to the video of Cindy with Greta, the first one minute is Baez, but then Cindy comes on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0vFUavy9iU
I would love to hear everyone's reaction to this.

Actually the most recent jailhouse tape release really softened CA for me however I have thought long and hard about how would I feel if I were in her position. I would not admit my daughters guilt in public but nor would I disparage the KIND people like TM and TES and everyone else who was trying to help. It is one thing to want to believe Caylee was alive but to go after good people time and time again is not acceptable.

If KC was my daughter I would do one thing- just SHUT MY MOUTH. Who knows what she knows or doesn't know but please don't take out innocent, good people. Throwing Jesse and Amy under the bus? I am sure they are not saints but they did not deserve that. After CA told Tone and Amy that KC would steal from them and then finding out KC did, she still disparaged Amy.

That being said, that woman needs some serious prayers. At some point we have to put our big-girl pants, own up and move on. I work in the recovery field with women who have been molested and abuse, one that was shot in a mass murder of 13 people. They could have ridden the "poor me, look at what life handed me" train for the rest of their lives and who would have blamed them? Now they are productive members of society and wonderful woman who feel that their job on earth is not to be the victim but to be there to serve their fellow man.

Ultimately, I feel she has dropped the ball in the most important area. She should stand up for CAYLEE. Caylee has no one to advocate for her. There is no JB for Caylee. I am just sad that she has been forgotten and victimized over and over...

KarenZ: You said this so well. Thanks for sticking up for Caylee like that. :clap::clap::clap:

Has anyone stopped to question why we haven't heard a minute by minute accounting of time from when Cindy left her mother's home on June 15th? We heard she took Caylee for a swim. We heard that she "tucked" them in for bed that night. We heard she knew they were in the bedroom because she heard them "breathing" or such the next morning. There are major gaps of time unaccounted for and it bothers me.

I don't understand why she wouldn't be open with this information since it was what led up to the disappearance of Caylee. This is another example of how Cindy hides the truth, imo. What reason is there for her not to be forthcoming with any and all information concerning Caylee? Concerning the supposed fight? (Where was Caylee while they were fighting? Was she watching in horror? Was she crying to see the two women she trusted going at each other's throats?)

SS, "from day one" this has bothered me. It's interesting to note that there are other threads that describe the type of person who would kill a small child. Someone who constantly thinks only about herself. Someone who engages in histrionics to divert attention from the point at hand. Someone who thinks moment to moment with lies and who gives another version of "the truth" only if someone dares to confront them and only after attacking the person first. Someone who spends an inordinate amount of time weaving a story that leads people far away from the truth. Someone who is jealous of her daughter and equally hates and loves her, but only insofar as it is useful to her.

Someone who decides that the details of her story are immaterial and have been twisted by the "maggots" of the media. Someone who wants LE to keep her in the loop and give her all the information they have in an active investigation. Someone whose identity is tied up in the identity of their child. Someone who has a hard time allowing someone else to tell her what to do. Someone who is more comfortable dictating to others what they should think. Someone who acts like a martyr. Someone who knows the difference between right and wrong but feels it is okay for her to manipulate the truth and the law as she sees fit.

All these and more have been used to describe Casey's personality. I see that they can be easily applied to someone else. But "in fairness to Cindy" I'll refrain from saying who. Again, I hope Brad Conway is an excellent lawyer. I think Cindy is going to need it.

Has anyone actually asked her for this (that we've seen)?

Originally Posted by debs

I didn't see any tears either. Funny, when I sob...tears roll down my face and snot streams out of my nose (Sorry for the graphic, but it is the truth. I guess I don't cry as pretty as Cindy and Casey.) Did you see any kleenex or her wiping/blowing her nose? I must have missed it.

Since Casey is not getting information from the outside, I think it is odd they didn't mention the "sighting" either. It would seem they would want to tell her there was hope...if they really believed it themselves.

Whiteangora--
I watched the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0vFUavy9iU
and my reaction is "I can see where Casey learned it from." IMO Cindy should never have done this interview with Greta-- she was not in the right mental state to do it, and you're right-- she made it all about herself. The way she acts is very bizarre. She seems to be grasping at straws. I felt that everyone could see the truth except for her. She seems to totally believe her daughter. I watched it for 5 minutes and could watch no more. The most telling comment was, when asked by Greta, "Have you ever seen the babysitter?" she replies "I've never seen God but I know he's there." How very, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneSays1989!