FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reward is now up to $33,000. Was wondering if Adji Desir's name could be added to the title of this thread to make it easier to find (unless there is another thread for this case I do not know about).

Just checking for any updates on this sad case and found this link: No news, though, thanks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28719384/

I hope they find him soon. I read somewhere on Florida news that it will like 20 degrees tonight. Praying for this baby to be found.

http://www.pr.com/press-release/127725

Tampa, FL, January 22, 2009

"The Florida-3 Airboat Search and Rescue Team (FL-3) joins search for missing six-year old Adji Desir in Immokalee, Florida.

Fifteen members of the Florida-3 Airboat Search and Rescue Team, accompanied by members of the Tampa Bay Search and Rescue Team, assisted the Collier County Sheriff’s Department in a 7-day search for six-year old Adji Desir."

More info at link.

This makes me sad. Kids should be able to be kids. The playgrounds in Immakolee are empty and parents are afraid to let their children play outside. I so wish that the children today could understand what it was like to be carefree and play outside from dawn to dusk!!! I cherish those memories from my childhood!
I was just going to aks you what your husband found out there? whats going on? I havent heard anything mor eon this case, I really cant believe the area is that rural, thats not a good thing. Its such a sad case :-(

This makes me sad. Kids should be able to be kids. The playgrounds in Immakolee are empty and parents are afraid to let their children play outside. I so wish that the children today could understand what it was like to be carefree and play outside from dawn to dusk!!! I cherish those memories from my childhood!
I know right? I just took my little ones out sledding yesterday, I was standing on a small 15 foot hill helping my little one into his sled, I turn around and my little girl 4 years old was gone! I called her name a few times and she did not answer, in that quick minute I turned around she was gone! I frantically ran down the hill half having a heart attack and she was behind our house swinging on the tire swing. I scolded her for not answering me and she just shrugged and said "i was only playing mommy" haha. It just goes to prove how fast they can disappear, Its hard watching two little ones at the same time you have to have eyes in the back of your head :shocked2:

FBI adds $10,000 to reward for missing 6-year-old

The FBI is contributing $10,000 to the reward being offered for information leading to the recovery of a missing 6-year-old boy who might be in the Miami area, authorities said Friday.The Collier County Sheriff's Office and Crime Stoppers of Southwest Florida have offered $13,000, bringing the total reward amount to $23,000.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/869338.html

Where is the publicity on this case???? Please let it be because LE has already narrowed everything down a suspect who they are about to grab and then rescue this little child...

This is interesting from the article that Tonia posted:

Becker confirmed that for a time the task force was keeping a close eye on one particular resident, whose identity has not been released.

“I think that that’s probably at a point where it doesn’t look like he’s a person of interest,” Becker said. “I wouldn’t say we’ve totally cleared him out, but it doesn’t look like he’s responsible for the disappearance of Adji.”

His page is still active at NCMEC, perhaps this was an error to move to located?

I was so scared when I saw this in Located. Of course there is a chance that he will be found alive, but when it has been this long, you can't help but be scared. Still praying for Adji's safe return though, and very hopeful that he will be found safe.

I can't find anything about him being found, though. NCMEC, CANS Alert, and articles all still indicate he is missing. Does someone have some insider info that we don't? Or was this just an oops?

I'm so sorry, I moved it to the located thread by mistake, I wish it wasn't a mistake, I think I got it moved back in the right place now. Sorry for the mistake.

Imamaze

What information is available for the person of interest? I had hope he would be found by now. one fact is clear..if he has survived to this date he is in someone's care. I don't think he could survive this long without help.
Have they called off the land search?

Since this area has always been an agricultural area I'm wondering if the immediate "missing area" was searched for old abdandoned wells?

http://www.monroecd.org/abandonedwell.html

This is the only link I could find to illustrate my point.

Little Jessica McClure came to mind.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members