Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sure bunny can defend herself, but it seems you're parsing her statements. the anthonys insisted that Caylee's father died on the way to her 1st birthday, identified him by the name eric and did not put that information into her eulogy, which isn't really a eulogy at all but an obituary. since they were so ready to announce eric's (and jesus') participation in the potentiality of Caylee's conception that it seems quite curious now that they put neither name there.
i could care less that the name was not added.

You're right, and not including it made me tend to suspect that maybe
Cindy does not believe that story either -- or wasn't sure which version of the stories Casey has told (and she herself has repeated) might be true, so she wasnt gonna guess. I mean what's she gonna do, put both names and a question mark?

i got stuck on this sentence.
"Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. " call me a stickler, but Caylee should have been a "who" there. oh well, english class is over from someone who types like e. e. cummings.

Actually if you REALLY want to be picky, it would be "whom". (direct object of "meet") :) Not that it made any difference to my appreciation of what I thought was a heartfelt expression.

mia - most likely, we hope, they
will be mentioned at the public
memorial. Let's wait and see.

I guess I'm confused. You don't believe the story about the father dying on the way to Caylee's birthday yet you believe his name should have been listed in the obit as her father? :confused:

I think I made my thoughts pretty clear...only they know if the stories they told about the father are true or not. In any event, there are lots of threads on this you can bump if you want to discuss further??

I'm talking about the pic on their home page that links to the story...if you click on her pic, it takes you to the page I think you are looking at?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/
I see what you mean Bunny. the original linked article in the op does not lead that way and the names are linked to their pictures. you are correct.

i'm starting to worry b/c it looks as though this thread is going negative. you can't name somebody in an obit, as well as that someone's parents, without proof. if the newspaper did something like that, with as popular as this case is, and it was found out to be false info, they could get sued. if anybody should have a problem with donating to the church, or donating to kidfinders, then please donate to somebody else in lieu of floweers or don't donate at all. i, myself, am donating to texas equusearch in honor of caylee marie anthony...and i have every intention of doing so every year. i don't really care that the a's requested kid finders, i'll donate to whomever i wish b/c it's the thought that counts. it makes me feel good to contribute to a wonderful cause in honor of a child that has captured my attention ever since i saw the first media newsbreak. afterall, caylee's the one that matters here. peace be with you baby girl. :blowkiss:

I agree! But if they do know who he is, and he was in Caylee's life (which is one of the many stories told on the subject) and he is deceased, then, and only then, do I think it would be appropriate.

ETA...I think donating to TES is a wonderful idea. I am also going to make a donation to them in her name. I so hope Cindy thanks the TES people on Tuesday.

I think it would be tacky to mention organizations and donations in a newspaper eulogy statement. This whole thing isn't about anyone other than Caylee and the family. Anyone who cares and only has good intentions towards Caylee would be included in the statement that Cindy made. Maybe someday Cindy will have different opinions about some of the people who got involved and talked to the media, but now is not the time to expect it of her.

I wouldn't expect the family to ever suggest donations to TES since Tim wasn't looking for a 'live Caylee' as they had wished. He went against the script, so to speak. MOO

I agree, the family would not ask for donations to TES. But Dominic Casey, was in their employ and was looking for Caylee "dead or alive" at the time. I am wondering if he will be welcome at the service.

Wasn't CA's brother Rick left out of the "Survived by's?"

I wonder who the officers of the Caylee foundation will be.

I agree! But if they do know who he is, and he was in Caylee's life (which is one of the many stories told on the subject) and he is deceased, then, and only then, do I think it would be appropriate.

ETA...I think donating to TES is a wonderful idea. I am also going to make a donation to them in her name. I so hope Cindy thanks the TES people on Tuesday.

Yes, I agree with you, except they'd have to prove it before letting the supposedly "deceased father's parents" know. If a newspaper printed anything, without proof, being how high profile this case has gotten, they could stand to lose a substantial amount of money. They would need factual proof, in which case the "supposed" father would have to be exhumed. I think CA wrote the eulogy to the best of her ability. I see how we could feel this way, though, but there would be repercussions to putting it into print without backup.

lol. just because i don't like the eulogy doesn't mean i want anyone stoned to death. hilarious.

Read All 1,906 Comments
icon_micro_forum.gif
Read All 1,906 Comments

Full Story: Orlando Sentinel

Related Topix

Comments
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 1906
« prev | next »

“Let's start the trial!”

Reply »
|
Report Abuse |
#1 19 hrs ago

Hmmm cool
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Kinda crazy in just 19 hours there have been over 1900 comments posted to the Sentinel article about this eulogy. The vast majority are not complimentary. Seems like a lot of people are going to need to stay away from this service if only people with good intentions and pure hearts are wanted.

I think I made my thoughts pretty clear...only they know if the stories they told about the father are true or not. In any event, there are lots of threads on this you can bump if you want to discuss further??

I guess you missed my post 73 ???

Again how would Cindy know for sure about the daddy ???

What if she lists one & it's wrong ??? More lawyers/lawsuits in this mess ??
If you had 'daddy possibilities" in your family would you put it in an obit ???

I think this Eulogy is about as good as Cindy can do, considering what the world now knows.

I must say, I think Cindy did a fine job with the eulogy. She doesn't *owe* any of us anything... yet she still included us. I'm just not seeing this as "another of Cindy's games".

vast majority are not complimentary.

No wonder the A's need security.....

Hard to believe folks nowdays think even an Obit/Eulogy needs to be written to please everyone.

Wasn't CA's brother Rick left out of the "Survived by's?"

I wonder who the officers of the Caylee foundation will be.

Yes, oddly they only mentioned immediate family and ggparents. I guess Cindy meant it when she told Rick he was out of her life.

I guess you missed my post 73 ???

Again how would Cindy know for sure about the daddy ???

What if she lists one & it's wrong ??? More lawyers/lawsuits in this mess ??
If you had 'daddy possibilities" in your family would you put it in an obit ???

I think this Eulogy is about as good as Cindy can do, considering what the now world knows.

And not only that, but what if they printed "Joe Makeupalastname" as father? With as high profile as this case is, every single parent of a guy named "Joe Makeupalastname" could come forward and insinuate their son could have been the father. They could in turn make the newspaper, or the A's, pay for dna testing to see if their son could have been the father. If "Joe Makeupalastname" happened to be deceased, then they could sue whomever for the exhumation and dna testing of their deceased son. With the amount of people we have in our country, especially the crazies out there, alot of people could come forward and make this an even more expensive case to deal with. I still think the written article was nice. To me, it seemed genuine. I'm hoping and praying that there isn't a spectacle displayed at the service. Keep it a tribute to this angel's very short life. MOO.

I used to think that until I started researching. I think they're a non-profit now, aren't they? I forget if they are or not, so please help me out if you know. Anyway, if they are non-profit, then every bit of the funds they have coming in as well as going out would be a matter of public record.

Check out the Parking Lot in the private forums.
They are horrible people(The Milsteads), and one of them is a felon.
ETA
I just saw the posts about derailing, big OOPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw