A Mother's Unconditional Love

I think that depends on who Lee was talking to today. If it wasn't Casey, then he's still spinning that someone else is involved, IMO, JMO, etc. etc.

Suzi... I'm there with you: I'm not entirely sure about that. It sounds like he was talking to KC to me. And after watching the video a few times, he clearly kisses the bracelet and the tattoo separately, as in 2 people. He freaked me out a little, I gotta say. George, on the other hand: His treatment is working and I feel for that man.

yes, that would be nice

and it would be a good way to start things rolling in the right direction

Robotdog, I have always loved yer posts and you are showing restraint, I can tell... I have a lot of "hope" tonight and am hoping things will start to heal.

Just time I guess....

I could not ever feature that either but I would still love my child, but in my heart of hearts would surely stand behind telling the truth and paying the consequences of what I had done.

Yes, not having grandkids yet....but still...hopefully having morals...I would hope that the TRUTH would win out, if push came to shove. (God help me).

Do you have grandkids? Little ones completely innocent and dependent on adults for safekeeping? I couldn't turn my back on a sweet grandbaby to defend an adult child. I just never would. How dare my adult child take a sweet grandbaby away.

You are SO RIGHT! The Sun rises and sets in my grandkiddos... Nothing like it! That said, I would love my child forever and hate what they had done. I truly believe that there is nothing that my child/children could do to change that. I don't think anyone expects the A's to turn their back on KC...I wouldn't. But, I sure wouldn't enable her in this charade. KC has never had to face the consequences for anything in her life and if Cindy had her way, KC wouldn't face them in the death of her daughter either. THAT, I don't understand. Of course that's jmo.

You are SO RIGHT! The Sun rises and sets in my grandkiddos... Nothing like it! That said, I would love my child forever and hate what they had done. I truly believe that there is nothing that my child/children could do to change that. I don't think anyone expects the A's to turn their back on KC...I wouldn't. But, I sure wouldn't enable her in this charade. KC has never had to face the consequences for anything in her life and if Cindy had her way, KC wouldn't face them in the death of her daughter either. THAT, I don't understand. Of course that's jmo.

I agree with you. You can love the person and HATE their actions. The A's have been in denial and enabling for so long apparently that they don't know any other way. Now it's not up to them, KC will face the consequences the state imposes on her upon conviction.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST you are a beautiful person,
I was often feeling alone out there sticking up for the Anthony's.
I am totally understanding their love for Casey. TOTALLY
and that does not lesson their pain, or the fact that they deserve
more compassion, privacy and consideration.

Now Songline you know that aint the truth :blowkiss:

Okay, delving into family things that I shouldn't but here goes: My sister was married to a pedophile, whom I despise... everything and anything about this man. Still do. Always will. My sister had a child with him, and after a huge chunk of denial (he raped a 10-year-old) she finally left him. I didn't ditch my sister because of the denial. I called the authorities behind her back, gave her encouragement to leave him while still calling authorities, etc. And even though I wanted to choke this man in his sleep, I felt bad for my sister's pathologic denial because the pain was just too intense for her. I knew it; I saw it. I don't blame my sister, stood by her no matter how painful it was for me, but did the right thing and called authorities (where the A's lacked). She is affected to this day, stunted and a hermit and a shell of a person because of the guilt she carried for living with a pedophile and not listening to her family. I will admit, I have some anger toward that, toward her even, but I still hold her in my heart. The pedophile: Damn him and wherever he may walk. BUT! His family is by his side, and as much as I hate it, that's where they are. Love is a tricky thing, and people have so many sides to humanity.

Letting more skeletons out of the closet.... my half brother molested 4 out of his 7 children by 3 different wives. My nephew explained that as his father sodomized him, he told him that it was something all men did, they just couldn't tell anybody. My mother still loved him, I feel bad that I made her choose between the two of us at family functions and holiday get-togethers.
I was her baby, the youngest of five and my daughter was her youngest (and I think favorite) granddaughter so she always chose us, but I know it hurt her that she couldn't even invite him. Do I feel selfish ? Yes. I don't regret it though, on the few accidental encounters at my mom's I couldn't handle wondering what that was thinking when he was looking at my little girl. I think mothers tend to blame themselves for the sins of their children, so they can't just 'abandon' what they feel they've created.
The last time I saw him was eight years ago at our mother's funeral, he's a lot older than me (he's 60, I'm 38) but I could tell he was devastated by the loss. There's something very powerful between a mother and her child, it's almost impossible to break that bond. Unless you're defective like Casey.
Sorry about rambling. I can't seem to stop when it comes to my dysfunctional family.

unconditional love?
Does anyone really believe in that?

I would die for any one of my three children, including my bratty 18 year old daughter who has caused me years of grief.
There's nobody else in the world I could say that about.

I cannot imagine the inner conflict she must face on a daily basis. I have always felt quite a bit of compassion for all of the Anthony's. Denial is a powerful foe and one not so easily conquered. I may not always agree with what they say or do, but I'm also not the one directly dealing with the loss of one of my children (my kids are too young to make me a Grandma).

I do hope they are able to come to terms with what it looks like Casey has done. The loss of every hope and dream they ever had for both Casey and Caylee is more than I could ever bare to imagine.

Unconditional love? Yes, I believe. I love all four of my children unconditionally--no matter what they do, I will always love them (and my 4 grandchildren of course!). Now, if one of them committed a heinous act as I believe KC did, I would still love them but I would not enable or support them in any way. I would encourage--no, demand---the truth. If I couldn't get to the truth, I would offer my love but that would be it. It would be heartbreaking and although I loved them, I would not be a regular visitor at the jail.

Do you have grandkids? Little ones completely innocent and dependent on adults for safekeeping? I couldn't turn my back on a sweet grandbaby to defend an adult child. I just never would. How dare my adult child take a sweet grandbaby away.
My adult daughter and I were watching NG tonight and she said to me, "mom if I ever did anything like that you would kill me!" That re-enforced in me that my daughter knows the seriousness of her actions whatever it may be and she would expect terrible consequences if she ever even thought about harming a child of hers. Unfortunately, Cindy just didn't seem to get that message across to Casey and Casey was not 'in fear' of consequences her parents could dish out to her because they probably never did. Would I turn my child in if they did what Casey is accused of doing...yes. I have unconditional love for my child, but that doesn't mean she doesn't pay the price for what she has done.

I think it would be hard to say how you feel or what you would do unless you have been in the situation that the A's are in. The whole ordeal is so horrific that no one can imagine their feelings. JMO

Ohh, Without a doubt in my mind- I know that if my child committed a crime I would not cover it up.

Letting more skeletons out of the closet.... my half brother molested 4 out of his 7 children by 3 different wives. My nephew explained that as his father sodomized him, he told him that it was something all men did, they just couldn't tell anybody. My mother still loved him, I feel bad that I made her choose between the two of us at family functions and holiday get-togethers.
I was her baby, the youngest of five and my daughter was her youngest (and I think favorite) granddaughter so she always chose us, but I know it hurt her that she couldn't even invite him. Do I feel selfish ? Yes. I don't regret it though, on the few accidental encounters at my mom's I couldn't handle wondering what that was thinking when he was looking at my little girl. I think mothers tend to blame themselves for the sins of their children, so they can't just 'abandon' what they feel they've created.
The last time I saw him was eight years ago at our mother's funeral, he's a lot older than me (he's 60, I'm 38) but I could tell he was devastated by the loss. There's something very powerful between a mother and her child, it's almost impossible to break that bond. Unless you're defective like Casey.
Sorry about rambling. I can't seem to stop when it comes to my dysfunctional family.

I thank you for that... the "rambling." I applaud your words. Denial is powerful, and I had to "go there" for today.

I have six children of my own, one daughter-in-law and one gorgeous grandchild, and I love them all dearly and deeply. I would lay down my life for any one of them if it would allow theirs to go on, and they all know it.

They ALL know who I am and they all know who THEY are and they know what I will and will not accept. If you are dumb enough to rob a bank, don't call me and expect any sympathy. If you are dumb enough to drive drunk, then you deserve to spend the night in jail. If you are dumb enough to KILL your child? Don't even bother trying to make ANY excuses to me about it.

I would DIE for them in TRUTH and in HONESTY and in HONOR, but in murder and lies and deceipt? I would not do the same. That may sound hard and it may sound cold, but here are the facts: Life is hard. Life is not fair. Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes we cry. Sometimes people hurt us. Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes we just break down. BUT-
when this happens, we do NOT react by murdering our children. We do not react by harming ourselves. We react by creating a solution from what appeared to be an unsolvable problem and we go on and we pick ourselves up and we continue down the road of trying to live and BE decent and BE honest and BE an upright citizen of planet earth.

I would love my child no matter what, but I would not CODDLE them in LIES and I certainly would not support them in the murder of my grandchild and they KNOW it. They know because they have been taught that you do not KILL anyone unless it is in self-defense or in the defense of your family or someone you love. If you are under attack and have no choice-defend yourself to the point of killing the other party if called for. There is no other excuse for murder, and there is no excuse for any mother who TRULY loves her child to support them the way that Casey has been. They could love the sinner without condoning the sin, but they cannot find this line. They have condoned her lies and her storytelling and allowed her to go on believing that's OK to do. It is NOT ok. Her daughter is dead and she is responsible and her mother who should love her most should also expect and extract the most from her.

One MAJOR component of LOVE is TRUTH, and that element is missing in all of this entire thing.

Ohh, Without a doubt in my mind- I know that if my child committed a crime I would not cover it up.

I don't believe I could involve myself in a cover up during or after, but I would have a hard time turning my back on my son. It would be a much different relationship, that's for sure, but I would have to be there to love him and support him emotionally as much as I could without compromising my boundaries.

Unconditional love? Yes, I believe. I love all four of my children unconditionally--no matter what they do, I will always love them (and my 4 grandchildren of course!). Now, if one of them committed a heinous act as I believe KC did, I would still love them but I would not enable or support them in any way. I would encourage--no, demand---the truth. If I couldn't get to the truth, I would offer my love but that would be it. It would be heartbreaking and although I loved them, I would not be a regular visitor at the jail.

Exactly... my mother would choke the truth outta me, but I don't know if I would be as bold. I was saying earlier, I think my mom would un-love me, as that's her personality, and am thinking other personality types would be like me versus her, if Irish is different than Italian, if large families are different than small, etc.

You know I totally agree with you pattymarie, I know we love our children and grandchildren both unconditionally, And I have so much compassion for this family. In all honesty this is one of those situations you just can not predict your reaction, Would you hold out that no way could your own child do this I think the majority of us would and as we get ready for bed tonight Lets all just remember to give thanks to our Father in heaven as it is only by the grace of GOD that any of us are not in this or some similar situation. JMO

I totally Agree :clap::clap:

Peeps: I'm not saying I condone KC's actions... I'm just saying how I can understand how denial can work in the way of thinking correctly and showing their love for their child. I don't CONDONE that, but I UNDERSTAND that...

I have six children of my own, one daughter-in-law and one gorgeous grandchild, and I love them all dearly and deeply. I would lay down my life for any one of them if it would allow theirs to go on, and they all know it.

They ALL know who I am and they all know who THEY are and they know what I will and will not accept. If you are dumb enough to rob a bank, don't call me and expect any sympathy. If you are dumb enough to drive drunk, then you deserve to spend the night in jail. If you are dumb enough to KILL your child? Don't even bother trying to make ANY excuses to me about it.

I would DIE for them in TRUTH and in HONESTY and in HONOR, but in murder and lies and deceipt? I would not do the same. That may sound hard and it may sound cold, but here are the facts: Life is hard. Life is not fair. Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes we cry. Sometimes people hurt us. Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes we just break down. BUT-
when this happens, we do NOT react by murdering our children. We do not react by harming ourselves. We react by creating a solution from what appeared to be an unsolvable problem and we go on and we pick ourselves up and we continue down the road of trying to live and BE decent and BE honest and BE an upright citizen of planet earth.

I would love my child no matter what, but I would not CODDLE them in LIES and I certainly would not support them in the murder of my grandchild and they KNOW it. They know because they have been taught that you do not KILL anyone unless it is in self-defense or in the defense of your family or someone you love. If you are under attack and have no choice-defend yourself to the point of killing the other party if called for. There is no other excuse for murder, and there is no excuse for any mother who TRULY loves her child to support them the way that Casey has been. They could love the sinner without condoning the sin, but they cannot find this line. They have condoned her lies and her storytelling and allowed her to go on believing that's OK to do. It is NOT ok. Her daughter is dead and she is responsible and her mother who should love her most should also expect and extract the most from her.

One MAJOR component of LOVE is TRUTH, and that element is missing in all of this entire thing.

:clap::clap::blowkiss::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back