Caylee Memorial 2-10-2009 #2

I thought it was a very nice memorial.

Glad it is over.

Maybe now they can have their family
funeral soon.

I thought the memorial service for Caylee Anthony was lovely. I'm glad that it was broadcast on tv and is on the web for anyone and everyone to see. The "Gone Too Soon" video tribute to Caylee was very touching.

I hope that this service brings comfort to all.

Very nice memorial. I thought Lee was a bit underdressed, and his short hair, is he prematurely gray because of stress?

I didn't watch but seeing some pics all I could think was poor George, having to be under the glare of the spotlight, having his grief exposed, his not being about to really break down and sob, having to hold himself back, all because there had to be a *really big show*. I didn't want to watch it. I'm glad I didn't watch.

Maybe it will get back to Casey now with a trail date
and putting her in prison for the rest of her life and
the fussing will stop betteen each other..I am a Grandmother
and I feel for Cindy and George but it's time to get back to Casey
and make her pay for what she did to Caylee along with her parents.
But if they know what happen they need to tell I know they love
Casey and always will that's being a parent but they need to think
about their grandchild and tell what they know and make Casey
pay for what she did...

Because this is a FREE country to express whatever religion a person believes. Caylee is NOT YOUR DAUGHER NOR GRANDDAUGHTER and if the A's want to bring in their beliefs, SO BE IT!!! Don't watch it if you don't agree.... and NOT everyone is atheists, so don't bring in your beliefs and expect everyone to view it like you want them to.. :boohoo: This isn't about you, but it's about the Anthony's. They are the ones that have to deal with all this, NOT YOU. We are just kicking back and watching it from a distant..

With all due respect: Yes, of course there is freedom of religion, and also from it. And no, Caylee is no relation. But the point I'm trying to make is that this Memorial was not for "the community to heal" as the A's tried to say. It was completely self-serving and in my mind ludicrous. I am also very tired of people talking constantly about God and prayer on this site, and when I try to point out one simple little fact - THAT NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES THESE THINGS - this is the result. Obviously I believe people should believe whatever they want. But I also believe that we all should be able to say how we feel and what we believe, not just those who believe certain things.

BEING JUDGMENTAL IS A SIGN OF LIFE - Jenny Holzer

With all due respect: Yes, of course there is freedom of religion, and also from it. And no, Caylee is no relation. But the point I'm trying to make is that this Memorial was not for "the community to heal" as the A's tried to say. It was completely self-serving and in my mind ludicrous. I am also very tired of people talking constantly about God and prayer on this site, and when I try to point out one simple little fact - THAT NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES THESE THINGS - this is the result. Obviously I believe people should believe whatever they want. But I also believe that we all should be able to say how we feel and what we believe, not just those who believe certain things.

BEING JUDGMENTAL IS A SIGN OF LIFE - Jenny Holzer

Deputy Andy....I have no problem with your beliefs. Mine are different, but yours are welcome. Don't let it get to you my friend. Keep right on with it. (((HUGS)))))

I pretty much have to agree with you.....I think a private religious funeral according to the family's beliefs would have been appropriate, followed by a non religious public memorial in a park or other public area. As an agnostic, I have no problem with other people believing whatever gets them thru life...but I have a great deal of trouble with hypocrisy. I have a real problem with the A's suddenly finding Jesus, and spouting all the forgiveness and love stuff at a church that also allowed them to basically negate all that by choosing who could and could not attend a "public" memorial.

I think most of GA's speech was heartfelt, but LA was speaking to KC, and though I want to feel more sympathy for her, CA came off mostly phony to me. Her expressions and actions were those of someone playing a role as she thought others should see her, or maybe a slightly uncomfortable party hostess, trying her best to make everyone think she actually planned to have that skunk show up on the patio....her personal remarks to KC should have been said to KC personally, not brought up at Caylee's "public" memorial.

I also have to wonder who got the licensing fees for the new vidoes from the memorial now being shown on NG ?

Thanks for expressing this so well. What I can't believe is how many people are falling for this "Memorial" after everything else the A's have done. To me it's obvious that their main concern is still defending KC - and in order to do that they have to pull something this disingenuous. I realize many people here have different opinions about this, and I try to respect them (otherwise I wouldn't be on this site), but I'm having a really hard time with this one. It makes me feel like screaming, "CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT THEY'RE DOING?" but I won't. I'm truly trying to be sane about this insane event.

Deputy Andy....I have no problem with your beliefs. Mine are different, but yours are welcome. Don't let it get to you my friend. Keep right on with it. (((HUGS)))))

Thanks - and HUGS back to you! I think we could all use some right now. I've got to shut up about this Memorial now, which I've been trying to do, but so far without much success. I'll give myself a little "time-out".

(Although I really don't see what's wrong with having a human response to this. It's the A's, after all, who continue to place themselves in front of all of us and create such unnecessary drama. To not respond, after having such emotional investment in this case since July, would just not be human.)

I agree with you, Deputy Andy. I think all this religious stuff was way too much for a public memorial service. They have a right to express their beliefs at a private funeral service, but I'm not sure if this was a funeral arrangement or a memorial service. Usually a memorial service to the public is much more secular. At some, even the lighter moments are spoken of as her grandfather did. As I wrote before, our neighborhood cable was down part of the time, and the only thing I was able to see was the singing and preaching in the beginning. Seemed like a cross between the Evangelist channel and American Idol. I didn't care for it all. I did see the grandfather speak. He spoke very well. The rest of the service was chopped up as the cable kept going off and on, and commercials came on every few minutes, so I finally turned it off.

As to the mother of Caylee, I see no reason why she brought up her daughter at all. She's in prison for murdering her child! Cayce obviously lied for weeks through her teeth, and is most likely responsible for the murder of her little girl. She's quite a little tart that mother, and there's something very wrong with her. It seems she has no conscience. If the parents are grieving for what she did, let them do so in private. But I've read that they also brought her up at the service. I can't imagine them doing that. By now, they should be angrier than anybody, imo.

I can't even imagine them wanting to have that service. It struck me as being very weird.

Thanks for expressing this so well. What I can't believe is how many people are falling for this "Memorial" after everything else the A's have done. To me it's obvious that their main concern is still defending KC - and in order to do that they have to pull something this disingenuous. I realize many people here have different opinions about this, and I try to respect them (otherwise I wouldn't be on this site), but I'm having a really hard time with this one. It makes me feel like screaming, "CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT THEY'RE DOING?" but I won't. I'm truly trying to be sane about this insane event.

i really see an impressive coincidence in what (the collective) they say: a criminal always finds religion. makes you kinda go "hmmm" doesn't it?

I don't mean what I'm going to say as disrespectful, it is only an analogy.

Truffles are a delicacy, culinary gold, and only certain dogs have a nose refined enough to sniff them out. While the dogs with the refined nose are sniffing and finding the truffles, others dogs sit back perplexed, thinking they are stupid, or worse.

I'm comparing this to the situation with the As. Only people with refined instincts seem to be able to see the truth and they will be scorned for it. It is always thus, always has been, always will be.

My opinion only

You know, I don't think this memorial should have been publicized at all because to me it was showing "special treatment". There are a lot of children who have been murdered at the hands of their parent/parents and their memorials were not publicized. But, apparently my view on this didn't pan out, instead it went against what I felt. However, with that said, I did watch it and I was moved by it. No harm done what-so-ever, IMO.. Casey is still guilty of this crime in my book and no amount of watching her parents and brother will sway me into thinking otherwise. :twocents::crazy:

If I go to a memorial or any event that's held in a church, I expect that the event will have a religious aspect to it. If I have a problem with that, I don't have to go. The people who attended the memorial were not led to believe that they were walking into a Piggly Wiggly, they knew it was a church.

I can't imagine any funeral or memorial being held in a Baptist church not being religious. I'm not sure any preacher would even go along with not giving a message and I'd have no respect for any who didn't. The religious aspect was the only thing beautiful or appropriate in my opinion and there wasn't enough of it either. After reading the transcript of the Anthonys' speeches it seems as if Caylee and Casey were interwined and not even separate individuals. It's so strange and disturbing that each one had a lengthy message to Casey. It was more about Casey and why the heck did George throw in yet another comment about living with 3 very determined women.

Totally agree with you here, except maybe I don't think it was a celebration of life. It was a huge scam perpetrated by the A's - I'm sure with BC's "guidance" - again at the expense of Caylee - to attempt to make themselves look good and pitiable.

I'm sorry I can't shut up about this, but this Memorial made me madder than anything so far in this case, and that's saying a whole HECK of a lot. I still can't believe how many people fell for this and seemed to forget what the A's have been doing all along. This is the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, and absolutely despicable.

I'm going to bed now but I won't sleep knowing there are such dastardly people in Orlando, and knowing exactly what they're trying to pull.

All I've got left to say has been said a million times: poor, poor Caylee.

I have read your posts recently and agree with most all you have stated.
I too found the focus of the memorial a lie.
It was not for healing.
The A's will continue to get on what I think is my last nerve....I grow a new one, and they get on that one too.
karen

If I go to a memorial or any event that's held in a church, I expect that the event will have a religious aspect to it. If I have a problem with that, I don't have to go. The people who attended the memorial were not led to believe that they were walking into a Piggly Wiggly, they knew it was a church.

Agreed. So the A's are not completely bad, just not willing to open the supposed "public service" to everyone. Didn't they choose the church? See, the problem is, I would not walk in a church for the very reason you've stated. I think in this day and age it's very important to make "public" memorials or events open to all. It seems rather backward and selfish to believe that everyone can mourn the death of Caylee in this prescribed fashion.

The reason I think this is important is that WS is a place to share thoughts, feelings and ideas about cases, isn't it? If you count the number of times the word "pray" (or other forms of it) have been used, vs. the number of times the word "atheist" has been used, or the number of times an atheist viewpoint has been expressed, I don't think it's unreasonable to be able to express an atheist viewpoint. It really seems to me that believers might be interested in how atheists or agnostics may deal with such horrors that we discuss on this site. At least I would hope that would be the case.

To express how I might deal with a heinous murder like this one is no different than believers expressing that they pray about it.

I also do not believe this is off topic, since a major aspect of this memorial yesterday was religion, and as a few other posters have expressed, it's "interesting" how "religious" the A's have suddenly become. It's now very much a part of this case, just as much as the gas cans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey
Back