Caylee Memorial 2-10-2009 #2

can some tell me why i have a little note at the bottom of my reply to deputy
that JB edit because a rude remark. I don't think I said anything rude????:bang:

I can't tell you why, but I can take rude - I didn't think you were being rude, though. We're just discussing this event and sharing opinions. You have every right to whatever you believe and think, as we all do. Right?

Totally agree with you here, except maybe I don't think it was a celebration of life. It was a huge scam perpetrated by the A's - I'm sure with BC's "guidance" - again at the expense of Caylee - to attempt to make themselves look good and pitiable.

I'm sorry I can't shut up about this, but this Memorial made me madder than anything so far in this case, and that's saying a whole HECK of a lot. I still can't believe how many people fell for this and seemed to forget what the A's have been doing all along. This is the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, and absolutely despicable.

I'm going to bed now but I won't sleep knowing there are such dastardly people in Orlando, and knowing exactly what they're trying to pull.

All I've got left to say has been said a million times: poor, poor Caylee.
Look at it this way. There were three people there who may or may not have been trying to steer public opinion in a certain direction.

That leaves at least 1,097 in the room who were there to pay tribute to little Caylee.

Majority rules!

I can't tell you why, but I can take rude - I didn't think you were being rude, though. We're just discussing this event and sharing opinions. You have every right to whatever you believe and think, as we all do. Right?

LOL...um, Deputy, I think it was your post that JBean deleted because she felt it was rude. Great attitude though. :blowkiss:

LOL...um, Deputy, I think it was your post that JBean deleted because she felt it was rude. Great attitude though. :blowkiss:

Well, I posted it again.

Let the mods delete the truth all they want - it doesn't change it.

LOL (the part you can take rude) but i was not trying to be rude. I was in bed got back up because it bother me that JB thought I was rude.:bang:

I just watched the memorial and I was touched by it.. I believe the A's were genuine with their feelings. Good gried, this was THEIR GRANDDAUGHTER and I believe with all my heart they meant what they said. My heart goes out to them and they have a tough road ahead but I think healing is starting to take place...

Look at it this way. There were three people there who may or may not have been trying to steer public opinion in a certain direction.

That leaves at least 1,097 in the room who were there to pay tribute to little Caylee.

Majority rules!

If indeed they were there to do that, they are great and caring people. But it doesn't change the atrocity the A's pulled today.

Ok back on OT.
Did anyone see any of Casey's old friends?(I said old because I don't think she has any friends any more)( that might be littel rude, Sorry) Like Amy and rico and dante??

I just watched the memorial and I was touched by it.. I believe the A's were genuine with their feelings. Good gried, this was THEIR GRANDDAUGHTER and I believe with all my heart they meant what they said. My heart goes out to them and they have a tough road ahead but I think healing is starting to take place...

I Agree and also Thank them for sharing it with us.

You do Chilly so do I. I was taught that only God judges others maybe some others were never taught that.

Some of us don't believe in the "God" that you were taught to believe in.

*snipped*

I just disagree about this Memorial today. I see it as a huge publicity stunt and an attempt to garner sympathy for the A family. Also, if it were truly for the "community" why bring religion into it? If it's going to be about the beliefs of the A's, keep it private - if it's truly for the "community" keep God and Jesus and prayer out of it. Guess it was for all the public except Jews and atheists and most of the people in the rest of the world who are not Christian.

I am deeply saddened by the death of anyone. A child especially. But this, to me, was a ridiculous spectacle that had absolutely nothing to do with Caylee, other than using her (again) as an excuse for the A's to appear in public.

Geez, did everyone forget that these people have done nothing but lie and deceive and refuse to admit that there is even a possibility that their own daughter did it? "Get off your asses and look for my granddaughter." "It was a rotting pizza." "KC will be Mother of the Year."

Right.

I pretty much have to agree with you.....I think a private religious funeral according to the family's beliefs would have been appropriate, followed by a non religious public memorial in a park or other public area. As an agnostic, I have no problem with other people believing whatever gets them thru life...but I have a great deal of trouble with hypocrisy. I have a real problem with the A's suddenly finding Jesus, and spouting all the forgiveness and love stuff at a church that also allowed them to basically negate all that by choosing who could and could not attend a "public" memorial.

I think most of GA's speech was heartfelt, but LA was speaking to KC, and though I want to feel more sympathy for her, CA came off mostly phony to me. Her expressions and actions were those of someone playing a role as she thought others should see her, or maybe a slightly uncomfortable party hostess, trying her best to make everyone think she actually planned to have that skunk show up on the patio....her personal remarks to KC should have been said to KC personally, not brought up at Caylee's "public" memorial.

I also have to wonder who got the licensing fees for the new vidoes from the memorial now being shown on NG ?

I just disagree about this Memorial today. I see it as a huge publicity stunt and an attempt to garner sympathy for the A family. Also, if it were truly for the "community" - why bring religion into it? If it's going to be about the beliefs of the A's, keep it private - if it's truly for the "community" keep God and Jesus and prayer out of it. Guess it was for all the public except Jews and atheists and most of the people in the rest of the world who are not Christian.

Right.

Because this is a FREE country to express whatever religion a person believes. Caylee is NOT YOUR DAUGHER NOR GRANDDAUGHTER and if the A's want to bring in their beliefs, SO BE IT!!! Don't watch it if you don't agree.... and NOT everyone is atheists, so don't bring in your beliefs and expect everyone to view it like you want them to.. :boohoo: This isn't about you, but it's about the Anthony's. They are the ones that have to deal with all this, NOT YOU. We are just kicking back and watching it from a distant..

Did any of the A's family members show up? The brother Rick and his family, Cindy's mother Shirley?

Ah yes....."the list"....we've heard about it nightly on NG.....but there's no link for it..... as to who's is on it.

My guess...all those 'claiming to be on this "list", will be first in line for more 'media blitz's"

Well, there was a list and it was 3 pages including pictures of who was not allowed in. There were also 5 reporters on the list. It was NG tonight from one of the reporters that went and saw "the list" herself. They checked her against the 3 page list to make sure she wasn't one of the banned reporters. So I guess there really was "a list"

I know the memorial was a celebration of life and I only watched it on Nancy Grace and didn't see the whole thing, but why wasn't there any mention of Caylee being murdered, taken away, untimely death, justice, God knows what happened, etc! When I think of it this way, then it seems very inappropriate to mention the one who is accused of murdering Caylee and how very much she is loved and how united the family is.

I said right after it was over I didn't feel like I had watched a memorial for a "murdered" child..I didn't do a very good job explaining my thoughts today but maybe tomorrow I'll give it another try.

Yes indeed. Nothing but more lies and sympathy-seeking. I can't believe how many people fell for this. Once again, exploiting Caylee for their own gain. Sickening.

I felt terrible for George as his heart was breaking.
Then in the next breath, I remember that it was he that managed to drive the "stinky" car home. I waver with him. I do think he was the most attached to Caylee.
Lee, well, as usual, he just creeped me out.....again. The CMA thing seemed very strange for a 2 year olds funeral. Where were the Uncle "E" & Caylee stories?

I just dunno...:chicken:
imo & :cow:

I wonder if any of the Anthony's family members were on the "list"? Was Rick on the list? Did he show up for the memorial?

i found the entire memorial odd and uncomfortable to watch, i couldn't get past all the gum chewing, the bottled water and the laptop on the podium.

i don't know what to think anymore.

I agree with cocowiley

I didn't expect a memorial service to be a combination of entertainment and evangelists. I only saw part of the service because the cable in our neighborhood went off and on, and finally off for a couple hours. I saw the grandfather speak which almost brought tears to my eyes. He talked of the memories he had of Caylee, and that's who the service was for. I only saw a bit of the grandmother speak before it was unfortunately cut off, then some of the son's speak where he kept using 3 letters. (That was odd to me.) But it was also cut off. Nancy was the last to be cut off, so I missed most all of that. The only thing I saw all the way through were the preacher's sermons at the beginning and that one very showy singer. Also, if the down cable wasn't enough, there were a gzillion commercials cutting into the service all the time. I finally turned it off.

I thought a memorial service was where the closest people to the person, as above, and a few close friends and relatives could express their feelings. But I didn't expect to see that audition for American Idol. Soft music, imo, is appropriate at a memorial service. A small choir or a string quartet or even just a violin is also appropriate, with a quiet prayer for Caylee and the family, but all that heavy preaching....? Isn't that reserved for Sunday in some churches?

I guess I'm not used to that kind of service. Anyway, I think a small family service with close friends would have been much more fitting under the circumstances, especially for a small child who had been murdered! On the other hand, if this kind of service made the family feel better, than I guess it was suitable. If it lifted their spirits, then I'm grateful.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HorrorSoup
Back